Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you think believe and faith is same ? - page 5. (Read 2475 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 255
August 13, 2017, 10:40:03 PM
I think faith and belief are the same exact thing. What matters is that you don't have blind faith or blindly believe in something that is where you get yourself into trouble. You can blindly believe something or have faith in something just because other people tell you to can be a big problem. You need to believe/have faith in something because you see evidence with your own eyes and/or you have a very strong intuition that what your putting your belief into is the truth. You must be aware of yourself and always aces a situation for what it is never run into something blind.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 13, 2017, 08:40:39 PM
For me you may believe on something or someone even if you dont have faith on them.
But you wont have faith if you dont belive with it...
Simply believing can be forgotten or neglected but if you have faith no matter what happens you would always stick onto it..
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
August 10, 2017, 03:43:05 PM
It's not the same but they can be realted in some contexts.
For today, in most cases, each person sees something of his own and actually believes in his own way. Perhaps it happens that this time has nothing to do with religion at all. So I'm sure that half the world's population has no god in the soul.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
August 10, 2017, 03:25:57 PM
It's not the same but they can be realted in some contexts.
Activity: 798
Merit: 722
August 10, 2017, 10:43:47 AM
Faith is a subset of belief

Belief = things I believe are true (usually based on evidence)
Faith = things I believe are true (contrary to evidence)

Faith presumes that there is no evidence to support your belief.  If you had facts and evidence, you wouldn't need faith... faith by definition means you have no evidence to support your belief

I believe the mailman will deliver mail on monday-saturday... because previous experience (evidence) suggests he will...

A religious person might have faith that god will heal the legs of a paraplegic... but it wont happen, no matter how much faith you have... this is contrary to all evidence... people do not re-grow limbs once removed, no matter how hard they pray... faith/prayer/god is useless
Activity: 406
August 10, 2017, 10:38:34 AM
Belief is pretty much based on the fact that you’re confident you will achieve your goals. That belief can be based on past experience, logic, or just the fact that you know somebody who achieved a similar goal.

Faith on the other hand, usually brings along with it the implication that it’s needed to achieve those goals that seem out of reach, hence hearing phrases like “taking a leap of faith” when it comes to those types of situations. In other words, that term is usually used in the context of achieving extraordinary goals.
Activity: 994
Merit: 515
Get'em boys
August 05, 2017, 01:59:35 PM
believe and faith are closely related but i think when it comes to usage probably we use believe for something that is mostly not related to religion and faith is used in situations that are usually related to religion/spirit.
MY EXAMPLES

BELIEVE- I believe my Ferrari will be flying in the next 50 years when technology advances
FAITH- You need to have faith for you to walk on water.
Activity: 441
Merit: 278
It's personal
August 05, 2017, 01:36:41 PM
Yes its the same because if you believe on someone, it means you have faith on them.
For example in a relationship, you will know how deep you can rely on each other because of trust.

Faith (and belief for that matter too) ought to be 100% pure in its intended attribute to actualize as it says: complete trust or confidence in someone or something. But is this realistic and possible in real life?

Activity: 62
Merit: 10
August 05, 2017, 01:16:20 PM
Yes its the same because if you believe on someone, it means you have faith on them.
For example in a relationship, you will know how deep you can rely on each other because of trust.
Activity: 335
Merit: 250
DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES
August 05, 2017, 12:14:51 PM
In my own opinion believe and faith are the same if you are talking about a person for example; "I have faith in you", in other words you are saying that "you believe in him/her" for some reasons but when it comes to spiritual it is not the same because you are referring To GOD for example; "I have a strong faith in GOD" and you are saying that "you have a strong belief in GOD". Remember belief and believe is not the same.
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
August 05, 2017, 09:56:17 AM
Faith is nonsense. I don't understand people who are willing to accept any claims without evidence. It may be bad for them. It turns out that such people cut off the consciousness, and this can be exploited. Religion also uses this.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 05, 2017, 09:46:25 AM
In a way faith is stronger than belief. Most of the time, people require proof before they believe. To see or to hear things to make sure that it's real. Faith doesn't require that. If you're faith tellls you something, you throw care away and rely on it.
Activity: 37
August 05, 2017, 09:08:23 AM
Believe is an action word meaning to trust to someone or to what someone has said while faith is a noun that pertains to loyalty to God.
Activity: 462
August 05, 2017, 07:54:57 AM
Give your opinions it would better with example Smiley

I think context wise it's the same, but faith is deeper than belief.
Activity: 34
August 05, 2017, 07:48:32 AM
believed is better closer to trust than faith, faith is most time attached to manifestation of certain thing.
Activity: 172
August 04, 2017, 05:24:51 PM
I think that this is one and that. Only faith means something religious.
Activity: 448
Merit: 122
August 04, 2017, 04:28:41 PM
One can not really understand the subjects matters without first of all know what the two words really mean,
Faith can be define as one having trust and convictions of a  predetermined result, even thou you have not arrived at the final stage.
And believe on the other hand has to do with convulsions either by some body or a subject matter having fully been convinced that, black is black and white is not black. That is believe.
So believe and faith are similar in meaning but different in action some time.
Activity: 304
www.daxico.com
August 04, 2017, 02:11:08 PM
Give your opinions it would better with example Smiley
I think believe and faith are two different things, just as I believe that all human beings have their own God, but in my faith God is one that is Allah SWT.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
August 04, 2017, 12:37:36 PM
I think that the words "believe" and "faith" are related but their meanings are not the same. One can believe in something but not put his or her trust (faith) on it. So you can believe in something without putting your  faith on it, but you can't have faith without believing something first.

They are related and your definition about it is close to mine in my opinion.

Believing in someone doesn't mean you trust him, you just "believe" in them because maybe they've shown enough evidence to prove you that you must believe him or maybe he just want your trust, also when you believe on someone, it may be someone you just know or someone you know for a while. Having faith on someone means you believe in him and you trust him but that trust doesn't build up in a short time but it build up in a long time you we're together.
Activity: 406
August 04, 2017, 11:39:43 AM
While ‘faith’ surely includes the element of ‘belief’, they are not one and the same. Certainly one must believe that something, or someone, exists before it is possible to put one’s faith in that person or thing. However, I can believe some things that do not affect my life. I believe China exists, but I do not live my life any differently because of my belief. The Bible tells us that this type of ‘belief’ is not true faith and will not result in a saving relationship with God.
Pages:
Jump to: