Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trade at multiple exchanges? - page 12. (Read 19308 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 10
January 28, 2018, 11:42:43 PM
Yes we need to use different exchanges because in ebry exchange there is high volume or high price of a certain coin nad we need to look where exchange it has. Be a good trader needed to know how to arbitrade to gain profit
You can buy low in other and sell it at high in different exchanges.
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
January 28, 2018, 11:06:55 PM
Yes , i trade in multiple exchanges because sometimes the altcoins or crypto thhat i am holding is not listed in only one exchange.
Activity: 958
Merit: 265
December 03, 2017, 12:24:18 AM
Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?
It depends if that 2 exchanges has a high difference of buy and sell, That method was called arbitrage method so many whales doing that not only in bitcoins almost in altcoins if there's a chance that 1 coin difference its value in 2 exchanges they'll do arbitrage thats the reason why most of exchanges are have a balance price of coins, Whales are making more profit in that way because they have a big capital and you need to sell it faster before you lose your profit.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
December 02, 2017, 10:21:44 PM
Most of the time there difference of price exists so do you withdraw bitcoins from one exchange and sell at higher rate exchange?
I trade at multiple exchanges because many altcoin that does not exist in one exchanger but there are in other exchanger, also ico that launch is not easy to enter in exchanger that have high traffic and trust like poloniex.
To move funds to another exchanger it sometimes takes a long time maybe 1 day, I ever do that and the results are not worth it.

Arbitraging is not worth it nowadays because exchanges already increased their withdrawal fees. Only Poloniex didn't increase as far as I know.

The same with here, I am trading in three exchanges because some of exchanges have different coins.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
December 02, 2017, 10:16:10 PM
Yes i trade on multiple exchange because sometimes there are altcoins that i want to buy and sell but don't have in one exchange. My other reason of trading in other exchange is to diverse my funds on different exchange to minimize the risk of losing my money in one exchange if something bad will happen.
That's true , besides by trade at multiple exchange as arbitrage opportunity.
You should never trust anything 100% online in this case an exchange as you might have seen several "trusted" exchanges turned into a scam one.
Separate it for security reason is indeed a good plan .
Activity: 118
Merit: 100
December 02, 2017, 07:42:18 PM
Yes i trade on multiple exchange because sometimes there are altcoins that i want to buy and sell but don't have in one exchange. My other reason of trading in other exchange is to diverse my funds on different exchange to minimize the risk of losing my money in one exchange if something bad will happen.

You shouldn't store your funds in exchange wallets. This is like a rule, please pay attention. I use different exchange platforms because the volatility is lower in some of them. And some has very rich order books which you can execute your oders instantly.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
December 02, 2017, 07:39:44 PM
Yes, this is in every exchange, sometimes have different prices. But the fact is that not all of the differences in profits, because different thin and short
copper member
Activity: 772
Merit: 500
December 02, 2017, 07:24:41 PM
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
December 02, 2017, 02:28:28 PM
I used multiple exchange but not for arbiratge, because arbiratge promising small profit and need long time confirmation when sending it. I used multiple exchange because  some times there are good and potenial coin not listing in my currenct exchange, so I will move to other exchange. 
Not all arbitrage promise small profit if you are lucky to hit the right coin at that moment. I really do not do arbitrage much and which was not the reason I make use of multiple exchanges though, but when the opportunity comes up, I really do not like not making use of them. It is life, and anything that brings profit should not be thrown away.

Although, like you said, in case of potential coins not being on one, having multiple exchanges can help one not to miss such opportunities of missing the show on a trade.
Activity: 251
Merit: 101
December 01, 2017, 10:02:13 PM

Yes, such a business exists, but it`s quite hard, because exchanges consider it more profitable when people are trading inside not withdrawing their funds.
That is why they put various obstacles to arbitrage, and you must have not only brain but also guts to make money in such a way
Activity: 56
Merit: 10
December 01, 2017, 05:00:09 AM
The coins you've mined ca be sld of program since you will only get profit while you are oromoting them and also the price wnt alter anything over a couple of days.fnop
Yes I often do trade in mutliple exchanges site because of the fees that collected in other sites. Also of the altcoin that I usually followed on. This happen when I have enough of funds do arbitrade in the coins that I usually do. Others do this because to make fast or earn profit.
Activity: 336
Merit: 106
December 01, 2017, 04:16:51 AM
all trader use different exchanges because every exchanges has a different buy and sell price so better to monitor your coin price in different exchanges where  your coins available
Activity: 26
December 01, 2017, 04:14:41 AM
I often trade at many trading floors like Bittrex, Poloniex, Cryptopia and Coinexchange ... I usually trade large altcoins on commercial floors like Bittrex, Polo. For new altcoin, I trade on commercial sites like Cryptopia and Coinexchange.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
December 01, 2017, 01:46:19 AM

I trade at multiple exchanges because there are coins in one exchange that I cannot find in another exchange that's why I use multiple exchanges but with the buying of one coin to sell in another, I plan on doing it but did not really push through because of capital. This is called arbitrage and there are some who profit from it but due to time restriction, sometimes the price you wanted is already gone because another trader took it and there is a possibility to lose more because of the transaction fee. Besides, bots are already doing the arbitrage trading that's why it is hard to do it manually.
Arbitrage trading is really profitable but you would really need to be quick in able to get the right order but i do seldom make use of this technique or trading way because as you said there are lots of factors that do affect that situation and might end up on losing money on fees instead on making money. Using multiple exchanges is normal because not all coins are being listed on each on of them.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
December 01, 2017, 01:30:01 AM

I trade at multiple exchanges because there are coins in one exchange that I cannot find in another exchange that's why I use multiple exchanges but with the buying of one coin to sell in another, I plan on doing it but did not really push through because of capital. This is called arbitrage and there are some who profit from it but due to time restriction, sometimes the price you wanted is already gone because another trader took it and there is a possibility to lose more because of the transaction fee. Besides, bots are already doing the arbitrage trading that's why it is hard to do it manually.
Activity: 71
December 01, 2017, 12:48:01 AM
Yes I am using multiple exchange, depending on you in which of them your gonna use. It just give you benefits and profit.
Activity: 23
December 01, 2017, 12:34:53 AM
Of course I have business on many platforms of exchange and I always do that because each exchange platform has different types of altcoin .
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
https://adonx.one
December 01, 2017, 12:13:14 AM
I used multiple exchange like EtherDelta, Cryptopia, Liqui, HitBTC  and Bittrex, and I did arbiratge when I find the price of Bitcoin/Altcoin really big different , but I used multiple exchange ussualy just to trade other coin when that coin does not listed in current exchange.
Activity: 714
Merit: 260
November 30, 2017, 09:56:22 PM
It's called arbitrage trading.  Here's why all the prices aren't the same:

-There's a "spread" on most exchanges, which is the difference between the buy and sell prices.

-Some exchanges have high fees (e.g. Coinbase)

-Some exchanges are dysfunctional (Bitfinex, BTC-E, Chinese exchanges), and some exchanges are also extremely shady/annoying when you move large amounts (BTC-E, Poloniex and more).

Overall doing arbitrage with several exchanges can get very hard.  There are some minor opportunities with the extreme price fluctuations that go on, but they're gone very fast.  I don't recommend you get involved unless you know what you're doing or you can trade with foreign exchanges (like South Korea).

thats all good points mate,i use to do arbitrage when i was starting here in
crypto but it makes even harder upon going,thats why i stop making money on that
and do the daytrading and i have long term investment too for another option of
profiteering.

But its you option if what is comfortable with you
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
November 29, 2017, 09:10:28 PM
Im used multiple exchange but only to find other coin that does not listing in my currenct exchange. Arbiratge sometimes not profitable because fee of transaction is high and confirmation so long.
Pages:
Jump to: