Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust Active telegram Groups? - page 7. (Read 93637 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
November 07, 2020, 07:51:43 AM
Using Active telegram group is a 👎 way of choosing a good project, you can't expect a active project team to spend their time on telegram groups all day, they have to get their asses busy on developing the project, telegram group is for asking questions not judging a project
Good opinion, telegram is a means of communication. but you can also see and check the quality of the conversations on the high quality project. it would be great if they (team members) were able to provide a little insights or at least the progress of their current project they are working on
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
November 07, 2020, 07:08:05 AM
Hi all , I'm a newbie in bitcointalk but not in Crypto field. I have about 6 Years of experience about this field.

As an Investor , Still i have a doubt with some active telegram groups. I have analysed so many projects and Most successful projects had an Active telegram Group.

So far I have analyzed 500+ projects before investment 

My analysis Results are here

A)  9%      successful projects with an Active telegram group
B)  6%      unsuccessful projects with an Active telegram group
C)  25%    unsuccessful projects
D)  60%    scam projects

But Now I have decided to invest for a projects having an Active Telegram group , But tell me your openion about these type of projects.
Project name --  Xfinance

Is it belongs to Which one ?[ A or B  Huh?]

XFI as far as I know have a lot of victims in the Telegram investors. From XFI they had been swap into Xswap where most of the holders of this token are being late to swap their token into Xswap. But I'm not exactly sure about this things just don't know the whole story about it. But if you are looking for another new investment via IEO or ICO here better to make a research first so that you won't regret in the end.
Merit: 337
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
November 07, 2020, 07:03:47 AM
what I saw was not a real benchmark for either telegram members or the project's success with having thousands of telegram members. most of them are paid members who are used to convince every investor and project community in it. So, be careful not to easily trust active telegram groups.
Obviously, the measure of the success of a project is not seen from how many group members are in the telegram and how active the telegram is, because in some examples I have seen on successful projects, their telegrams are only active as normal.
Activity: 252
Merit: 15
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
November 07, 2020, 04:41:05 AM
Using Active telegram group is a 👎 way of choosing a good project, you can't expect a active project team to spend their time on telegram groups all day, they have to get their asses busy on developing the project, telegram group is for asking questions not judging a project
Activity: 375
Merit: 10
November 06, 2020, 06:18:04 PM
Hi all , I'm a newbie in bitcointalk but not in Crypto field. I have about 6 Years of experience about this field.

As an Investor , Still i have a doubt with some active telegram groups. I have analysed so many projects and Most successful projects had an Active telegram Group.

A)  9%      successful projects with an Active telegram group
B)  6%      unsuccessful projects with an Active telegram group
C)  25%    unsuccessful projects
D)  60%    scam projects

But Now I have decided to invest for a projects having an Active Telegram group , But tell me your openion about these type of projects.
Project name --  Xfinance

Is it belongs to Which one ?[ A or B  Huh?]

The habit is if the telegram is too active, it proves that the people in the telegram group have no other work. If the team has time all the time to answer your questions on telegram, then it is necessary to ask the team whether they are not working on the project (Simple logic).

Telegram groups that are too active cannot be used as a reference regarding the project's success. It can only be used as evidence that the group has many members.

I do not believe.
Activity: 452
Merit: 2
https://goldeth.io/
November 06, 2020, 04:00:45 PM
20% believe and 80% do not believe. I personally think that an active group of Telegram members is not enough to judge a project will be successful or not. There are many projects getting scammed with people who also have regularity and activity in groups. Also many of them are listed on several exchanges and they are not creating good hype in the market and nobody is profitable. So, be careful in every step in this area. always consider every decision you want to make and also do not be easily attracted by high investment returns.
Activity: 736
Merit: 11
November 06, 2020, 03:36:16 PM
what I saw was not a real benchmark for either telegram members or the project's success with having thousands of telegram members. most of them are paid members who are used to convince every investor and project community in it. So, be careful not to easily trust active telegram groups.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 506
Trphy.io
November 06, 2020, 03:15:17 PM
if you are an investor you can choose project criteria not only from telegram because every project has social media in between Facebook, Twitter and Telegram of course you have to monitor everything.  Some of the project development teams are more active in updating information via Twitter.  Now on telegram we often see projects with thousands of members. I think 70% of the members are bots.
Activity: 616
Merit: 105
November 06, 2020, 01:41:20 PM
every crypto project must have an active telegram and to judge whether the telegram group can be trusted or not, it is quite difficult because you have to see in detail what the discussion is and who is discussing it, if the discussion topic is very good and it is aimed at the development and support section well maybe we can believe that the community is discussing and supporting each other.
but if the contents of the discussion very rarely discuss the token or coin project in terms of development and any discussion related to the project, just half believe it because if you have been to the telegram group it returns to the community strong or not
Activity: 1568
Merit: 100
COMBONetwork
November 06, 2020, 12:57:58 PM
Telegram activeness is also seen as one of the factors for the success of a project,
in my opinion, but it is not certain, the ratio is 50:50, I think it is good or not the project is in their own team,
even though telegram and social media are active but their project is not serious, then will die easily, the examples that have occurred are numerous.
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1214
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
November 06, 2020, 11:01:05 AM

A)  9%      successful projects with an Active telegram group
B)  6%      unsuccessful projects with an Active telegram group
C)  25%    unsuccessful projects
D)  60%    scam projects

Project name --  Xfinance

Is it belongs to Which one ?[ A or B  Huh?]

You have done your research so you should not have a hard time deciding if what you are asking is true or not, on your study active telegrams is no guaranty that the project is good and many of them are scams, so if you are looking on an active scam there's a possibility that it's a scam, but it's your study I prefer not to consider telegram as an indicator that the project is good.

That's not even a criterion when there are a lot of sellers selling telegram members and fake telegram stats, telegram membership can be manipulated.
Activity: 882
Merit: 13
November 06, 2020, 10:50:12 AM
It depends on what the message of the member there. We can see the difference if their message is real from people side, or just to fulfill the requirements of a telegram campaign. So pay attention to what the chat is about.

But telegram is not a factor about successful project

Agree, you can not determine whether the project is successful base on telegram activities. There are some projects successful with low and silent community, and there also successful projects with with shillers to make the community alive but most of the time, those TG groups with some loud noises and pure spam messages are scams.
Activity: 983
Merit: 100
November 06, 2020, 09:49:00 AM
Been active on telegram group doesn't mean a project is scam or not and it's wrong to judge a project with their telegram group activities too as it's not that important, serious team don't have the time to come on telegram and discuss, they are always busy and planning
In general this is the case, because a team that is busy working only has a little free time to discuss, but the name of a team definitely has the main duties and functions of each in a project, including serving the participants in their telegram group.
Activity: 224
Merit: 18
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
November 06, 2020, 09:36:07 AM
Been active on telegram group doesn't mean a project is scam or not and it's wrong to judge a project with their telegram group activities too as it's not that important, serious team don't have the time to come on telegram and discuss, they are always busy and planning
legendary
Merit: 1000
November 06, 2020, 09:34:16 AM
It depends on their project because there are telegram groups that even active become scams because most of the members of the telegram groups are bots or using multiple bot members but there are also other telegram groups that are legit and it helps a lot to be given news for they will make a plan for their project and it will be good for investors to keep their coin holder and not dump the price.
If you do better research, you can distinguish between healthy conversations and toxic ones (mostly by bots). An active community is very important, especially this is a project related to blockchain where everything must be transparent and open.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 257
November 06, 2020, 09:29:06 AM
I personally don't think telegram groups is very necessary for any project.
 Because many project telegram groups are active but admin is not active,
 And there are more scammers in telegram groups.
I don't agree, telegram groups are necessary to give/receive updates for the people who is part of the community. There is no other easiest easy than telegram, it is just those scammers are also using telegram that is why we should be careful of what telegram group we should join with.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
November 06, 2020, 08:22:30 AM
Quite confusingly, telegram groups must always be active so their participants always get notified for something they want to know about the projects. So we should not immediately base and criticize the competence of a project.
Merit: 337
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live
November 06, 2020, 06:43:33 AM
Telegram groups should be active, this shouldn't be used to judge a project, there are few bounty projects I promoted last year, the telegram groups are as cold as ice, no updates, teams aren't online again, nothing, a active telegram group gives confidence
Obviously, the telegram group must indeed be active so that project participants can more easily find new information about the project, although sometimes we also cannot immediately judge that a good project is due to the activity of their telegram group.
Activity: 742
Merit: 16
November 06, 2020, 04:52:02 AM
Lack of communication on telegram groups can ruin everything for a new project, investors who are still deciding whether to invest or not will end up walking away, either the project is scam or not communication must be active on telegram group, do research to find out if it's the right project for you or not
Activity: 952
Merit: 110
November 06, 2020, 04:29:01 AM
I personally don't like projects with inactive Telegram group, there must be constant updates from the team through telegram group and telegram announcement channel, this is what I called professional leading, this brings more trust to investors, it's true that not all active telegram group projects will be successful but that's another thing.
Pages:
Jump to: