Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ICO Rating sites? - page 6. (Read 9106 times)

Activity: 363
Merit: 10
November 06, 2018, 10:26:12 AM
In the past I was very confident in the ICO rating sites. But now I do not believe anymore, there are ICO is highly rated but still scam
Activity: 1414
Merit: 100
November 06, 2018, 10:21:26 AM
I still consider their rating as one factor for my own review. Even if they paid those site, I will count it as good marketing. I have many factors in my own review, so I don't depend much on those rating site.
Activity: 280
Merit: 1
November 06, 2018, 10:11:36 AM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?

i would not believe rating sites, but it's a good place to start getting information about projects, all-in-one place, and always necessary to look
several sites, if it possible
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
November 06, 2018, 10:04:14 AM
Hell no! Not only do I not like their rating criteria, but it is also that the "experts" often charge money for a favourable rating.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
November 06, 2018, 09:58:33 AM
Now I trust only 1 of them - ICODrops.com. i do not believe ICOBench or one thing like that once various evidences of cheating and bribing of "experts". Cryptomarket appearance a lot of and a lot of like West with time. i'm wondering once it becomes honest and legit.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 250
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
November 06, 2018, 09:52:05 AM
we can't trust the ico rating, because now the ico rating only shows the ico's position and ranking. but for success I think it depends on the team and how the concept is implemented. so I don't think it can be used as a benchmark for choosing based on rating.
Activity: 490
November 06, 2018, 09:46:13 AM
If it is necessary to pay money to get a higher rating, what is the significance of such a rating besides deceiving people? Real potential projects are not to pay extra, all paid ratings are not objective and unfair, I can't believe them.
Activity: 126
November 06, 2018, 09:40:31 AM
I know that ICOs pay for the rating availability, but the rating doesn't depend on the amount.. But many projects like ico bench give bad projects the good marks (AA)..
copper member
Merit: 2
November 06, 2018, 09:32:02 AM
In today's world money is everything. Therefore anyone can bribe the site owner for higher ICO ratings. So believing these sites is not worthy because you never know in which scam you are being trapped and in what way.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
November 06, 2018, 09:06:37 AM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?
I don't think I can fully evaluate the ICO website. If you want to invest in an ICO project, you must examine it from multiple perspectives before deciding whether to invest.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
November 06, 2018, 04:57:47 AM
I take them as one of the criteria for project evaluation, besides that, I still have more than 20 criteria about which I define the quality of ICO. You can highlight your criteria and when you have a lot of them, you will fall on the most promising.
Activity: 504
The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation
November 06, 2018, 04:15:59 AM
ICO rating site can get a fee for consideration of including any ico on the list of ICO to be rated through rigorous rating tools and may publish their findings on their website as a result of their own analysis. If you trust the website, you could use information provided to guide you in your investment decisions
copper member
Merit: 2
November 06, 2018, 04:09:52 AM
It depends on you. If you would like to know some useful informations about currently ongoing ICOs, you can visit the rating websites. I do not think, that rating website are having such an influence on the crypto community and no ICO would pay for that listing.
Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
November 06, 2018, 04:08:43 AM
I personally don't believe or trust ico rating sites when making my analysis because their opinion can be biased, depending on the which ico pays the most.
The only rating I can consider is that of top crypto analyst like Gobone and Ian Balina.
Activity: 308
November 06, 2018, 04:08:14 AM
There are only a few sites that I trust. At one time, these sites helped me to earn some money.
Activity: 407
Merit: 14
Collectrix-Bridgin the physical and Virtual worlds
November 06, 2018, 04:06:49 AM
Before I participate in ICO, i do personal research and using ICO rating sites is one of the research methods, not that I use the sites for their ratings, I just use them to get all the neccessary links I need to research the projects thoroughly especially the team members because those sites are sometimes up to date about those kinds of information.
Activity: 434
November 06, 2018, 03:58:23 AM
No way! It is absolutely not for me. I don't believe in rating sites due to payed statistics and unconfirmed estimates.
It seems to me that most of rating sites will disappear soon.
Activity: 227
Merit: 3
November 06, 2018, 03:55:54 AM
Don't think that everything in altcoins is the same. No, there are a lot of project, person, scammers, real, and ICO here in cryptosystem. Remember this you are responsible for your own belongings. What is the meaning of this? Your duty is to search to determine the necessary and unnecessary things in order to prevent the possible lose and to maximize the possible profit.
Activity: 283
Merit: 1
November 06, 2018, 03:41:07 AM
therefore we recommend that you do not choose ico only based on its rating now, because I have also found ico that has a good rating on the ico site but in the end it is a scam, you should do your own research about the ico you want to join, and you should be more careful again in choosing ico and never only believe in ico only based on its rating.
Activity: 308
Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI
November 06, 2018, 03:07:42 AM
No ratings can not be trusted, because most of the ratings are done for money. Just as tokens are added to exchanges for money, ratings are bought and sold.
A high ICO rating on a website does not mean a good project prospects.
Pages:
Jump to: