Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ICO Rating sites? - page 82. (Read 9124 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
August 10, 2018, 07:14:23 PM
Ratings can never be objective sources of information, due to the amount of individuals being influenced by money. I personally would never trust other people to make a decision for me when investing into something, because when you lose that control, then you'll be losing a lot of money in crypto.

ICO sites in general can be good for basic background information (as with just about anything), but never base your investment on a handful of individuals or websites that are there to potentially make money from said ICO's (there are always bad apples).

It's a conflict of interest to rate or list coins and make a profit by rating and listing those coins. Ultimately, their interests are not aligned with yours.
Activity: 896
Merit: 108
August 10, 2018, 07:07:43 PM
I am not interested in the ICO review website. I think they only make a review like that just for money. That is just public deception. I believe in the hype of people. The more who are interested, the more will invest. I also believe in investing too
Yes, most of them are paid to advertise their projects. Based on my experience, the assessment was quite subjective and sometimes inaccurate, there were projects that proved to be scams but previously had very good ratings on the website, but after the report, the rating finally changed and dropped dramatically.
Activity: 266
Merit: 1
August 10, 2018, 06:45:09 PM
No, I don't trust ICO rating because of the website that provide this service get paid to give high score, and even the website owner was honest person, people who make rating are not. For those website are good for getting information quickly, but I don't invest base on any rating system, I prefer to do my own research.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
August 10, 2018, 06:40:57 PM
I don't fully trust those ICO rating sites. In some cases, their rating may not even be the true picture or representation of the ICO or token project. They are usually sometimes after what they get from some projects and put up a suitable rating according to the bargain of the payment they might have received.
Activity: 253
Merit: 0
August 10, 2018, 06:38:54 PM
I believe, because of ICO rates I know how the quality of the ICO. and all this time I think the ICO rates still worked fine. Many of the ICO with high rate, eventually could indeed be successful.
Activity: 386
Merit: 250
August 10, 2018, 06:37:26 PM
I am not interested in the ICO review website. I think they only make a review like that just for money. That is just public deception. I believe in the hype of people. The more who are interested, the more will invest. I also believe in investing too
Activity: 70
August 10, 2018, 06:31:26 PM
I don't trust the ICO ratings. because I think they can be bought. and so I always conduct an ICO study myself.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
August 10, 2018, 06:14:20 PM
there are several things that must be seen in a project. as we know that there is an ico rating system, this system will certainly help investors and bounty hunters to be able to choose a project. but keep in mind that in choosing an ico we not only see the ico rating, but we also have to understand the project by looking at the whitepaper. I think that will help.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
August 10, 2018, 06:07:23 PM
No, as an investor I wont go with some third party paid ads and you tubers. I put my money after making careful research. Most of rankings are paid one and not reliable.
Activity: 445
Merit: 100
August 10, 2018, 06:05:24 PM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?
Not that much and also, ratings are just expectations from people and still, it is not assured that the coin which is having the highest rating would be the best one especially on newly listed tokens and ICOs. The market is way unpredictable and it is sn enough reason to not rely completely in ratings or speculations of other people. Investors should decide based on their own expectations to avoid regret.
copper member
Activity: 126
August 10, 2018, 06:00:46 PM
I'm looking at rating sites to learn about new projects. But the assessments that experts give me, I also read and listen to their opinion. In any case, I make a decision only after my analysis of the company.
Activity: 151
August 10, 2018, 05:56:50 PM
Yes, I trust the ICO rating sites and it helps me in choosing the projects in which I am going to participate.
Activity: 938
Merit: 502
August 10, 2018, 05:50:07 PM
99% of all ICO LISTING destinations assert you can discover just the best ICOs on their rundowns, just the most encouraging activities, and the "distinct advantages". At the point when in all actuality what you find there are just activities that have paid them. So regardless of whether somebody made the most secure, quick, and private blockchain convention, they will never be on these posting sites, in the event that they don't pay.

ICObench does not claim to locate the best ICOs, as most posting locales and administrations do. Rather, they give an open source, evident scoring framework with the goal that speculators can without much of a stretch see the qualities and shortcomings of each ICO that we profile.

Wise opinion, even though ICO rating is made for good purpose but unfortunately many are misused to manipulate data, this is our consideration to always look for comparative information and not just focus on ICO rating.

I like your suggestion. It is not wise to relay on ICO ratings only, because they are not very trustworthy and their analyses are not very deep and complete.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
August 10, 2018, 05:46:38 PM
Basicly no, because i think theese rating is one type of advertising for determined projects.
Activity: 144
August 10, 2018, 05:44:05 PM
Yes, I take into account the ICO ratings when searching for a project in which I want to participate.
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
♦ SIMDAQ ♦
August 10, 2018, 05:42:12 PM
I dont trust. Answer is very clear. Many ridiculous icoS give money for high rating. If you are relying on ico rating sites, think twice.
Activity: 730
Merit: 250
August 10, 2018, 05:37:55 PM
I do not know about the contractual assessments, but I and my friends always pay attention to the rating editions.Many investors also first of all look at the ICO ratings and only then make investments.
Activity: 252
August 10, 2018, 07:01:00 AM
Recently i have find a scam project sprintx and impressio with  high rating in some rating site so that now i never trust any of those sites. I do self research and rate it base of my findings. But this time even good project come out less raised in funds. So better to not join any ICO this day
Activity: 294
August 10, 2018, 06:57:26 AM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?
I agree with you that you can't rely on the rating sites. I think that they are really not objective. And it is not easy to make the right decision according to the ICO rating sites. I believe you need to use your own head while choosing.
Activity: 215
August 10, 2018, 06:54:25 AM
I don't trust  ICO rating sites. I prefer to do my own research, I try to analyze all the information about an ICO and a project. I also do my research on developing team and try to find out about their reputation.After that I make a conclusion whether it is worth investing in this or that ICO or not.
Pages:
Jump to: