Pages:
Author

Topic: Does a Successful ICO Really Require $$$$ - page 2. (Read 1931 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
September 26, 2018, 02:45:15 PM
Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.

A successful ICO will need huge amount of money to do the marketing promotion.  A good marketing can make the coin / token price rise far because it will create awareness to all peoples, and attracting them to contribute in the ICO. Even ICO without products can have a good token price if the strategy running very good.
Bounty programs=marketing promotions

Incorrect, bounty programs are a small fraction of a full marketing effort, if you rely on a bounty programme to market your ICO, then your ICO will almost certainly fail. Show me a successful project from the last 4 months that relied solely on a bounty programme for marketing and succeeded.
Checkout Digitex Futures, Hydro, Bethereum, DFS. Show me where they spent thousands of dollars on marketing. These companies used bounties, direct referrals, and signup bonuses to draw in people and spread the word. I think so many people are stuck in the corporate IPO mindset, when crypto is completely different. If you have an idea that is actually needed on the blockchain and bring decentralization, it will market itself.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
September 26, 2018, 05:52:11 AM
my opinion that it is very difficult to select a really worthwhile project now, because hundreds of projects are coming to the market now and therefore investing large amounts in one project is probably very risky
Activity: 1036
Merit: 332
DMs have been disabled. I am busy.
September 26, 2018, 05:43:26 AM
Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.

A successful ICO will need huge amount of money to do the marketing promotion.  A good marketing can make the coin / token price rise far because it will create awareness to all peoples, and attracting them to contribute in the ICO. Even ICO without products can have a good token price if the strategy running very good.

Incorrect, bounty programs are a small fraction of a full marketing effort, if you rely on a bounty programme to market your ICO, then your ICO will almost certainly fail. Show me a successful project from the last 4 months that relied solely on a bounty programme for marketing and succeeded.
September 26, 2018, 05:27:14 AM

Activity: 523
Merit: 10
YOUC - https://www.youengine.io/
September 25, 2018, 10:27:13 PM

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507
September 25, 2018, 06:56:22 PM
I agree with you. It doesn't need a lot of money. That's a great thing about crypto-projects. Good idea and hard work with the right calculation and smart execution are enough.
That's the vision of Crypto to me.
And then it's very rare to see there was an ico that not tried raised the money to develop the product. Remember about the majority of icos are being major crypto have started their journey through raise the money from the investors. Byteball, and airdrop coin such as decred is the project that don't need money but they getting it through sell their coins through the exchange site.
September 25, 2018, 06:47:23 PM
I agree with you. It doesn't need a lot of money. That's a great thing about crypto-projects. Good idea and hard work with the right calculation and smart execution are enough.
That's the vision of Crypto to me.
Activity: 173
Merit: 12
September 25, 2018, 06:45:21 PM
Activity: 1162
Merit: 252
September 25, 2018, 06:23:44 PM
Icos can be succes without millions of dollars. but past bull market people wanted to send too much money to icos. because of that companies which doing icos realised that. and they are trying to collect biggest amount of mnoey. because they can collect. for example now icos cant collect money in that bear market. and i am expecting these hardcaps will decrease in the future .
Do you think its best to wait for a bull market before launching an ICO?

Yes, currently I am waiting for the bullmarket to come before i launch my ICO . Doing a small PRE ICO to have the funds to launch when it happens.The long story yes u need money to hire advisors etc etc., Of course, you can do some things on a budget, in the end, you need some seed money to start
September 25, 2018, 06:14:45 PM
Everybody has ideas and a vision, however very few of these actually translate into something commercially viable. The fact is right now the market sentiment is very poor, people are not investing into ICOs because the risk of failure is so high.

Unless you have absolutely everything going in your favor, you will struggle in this market. For example, you better be working with a huge budget, outstanding team, well developed concept AND have the experience necessary to pull it off against the odds. I don't think any ICOs succeed now without a significant budget, though I would love to be proven wrong (PM ME if you know ICOs that succeeded on a tiny budget recently), I'm genuinely interested.
You can do the research. Checkout Digitex Futures, Betereum, Hydro and many more

Most of these did not raise their funds in 2018, it is now a completely different market than last year when almost every ICO managed to reach their soft cap. I don't think there has been a single ICO raise a $5m+ soft cap in since June this year without at least $250,000 in funding.
I completely agree that you're saying. We are waiting for the market to turn around so our chances of success will be greater. This is going to be the first of it's kind on block chain technology
September 25, 2018, 06:06:02 PM
Everybody has ideas and a vision, however very few of these actually translate into something commercially viable. The fact is right now the market sentiment is very poor, people are not investing into ICOs because the risk of failure is so high.

Unless you have absolutely everything going in your favor, you will struggle in this market. For example, you better be working with a huge budget, outstanding team, well developed concept AND have the experience necessary to pull it off against the odds. I don't think any ICOs succeed now without a significant budget, though I would love to be proven wrong (PM ME if you know ICOs that succeeded on a tiny budget recently), I'm genuinely interested.
You can do the research. Checkout Digitex Futures, Betereum, Hydro and many more

Most of these did not raise their funds in 2018, it is now a completely different market than last year when almost every ICO managed to reach their soft cap. I don't think there has been a single ICO raise a $5m+ soft cap in since June this year without at least $250,000 in funding.
September 25, 2018, 06:00:52 PM

September 25, 2018, 04:52:56 PM

Activity: 588
Merit: 104
September 25, 2018, 04:41:32 PM
A project can be successful without huge capital raised if the team members are crypto enthusiasts.
We have several examples of successful coins without  an ICO. 
Still you need capital for coins listings fees and operational costs and many other stuff, so capital helps to achieve the project targets faster.
September 25, 2018, 03:17:18 PM

Any startup requires some kind of funding at the start. Things i this world works with money and/or influences, which means that not only by goodwill and work you will be able to make something happen in the business world.

You also need some backup capital. Things won't always go as planned. You need to be prepared for when those emergencies show up and in the case of startups, it is almost certain that they will show up.

Be careful of scams. Even when we are 100% sure that capital is required for every startup to have any kind of chance to reach meaningful success out there, some people will always try to take advantage of anything that comes up - In an unfair way.

Some ICOs have wonderful projects behind them, but it's extremely important to know how to differentiate them, so you don't blame all ICOs only for the scams that are around.
Good point
Activity: 322
Merit: 20
Donating 10% to charity
September 25, 2018, 03:14:35 PM

Any startup requires some kind of funding at the start. Things i this world works with money and/or influences, which means that not only by goodwill and work you will be able to make something happen in the business world.

You also need some backup capital. Things won't always go as planned. You need to be prepared for when those emergencies show up and in the case of startups, it is almost certain that they will show up.

Be careful of scams. Even when we are 100% sure that capital is required for every startup to have any kind of chance to reach meaningful success out there, some people will always try to take advantage of anything that comes up - In an unfair way.

Some ICOs have wonderful projects behind them, but it's extremely important to know how to differentiate them, so you don't blame all ICOs only for the scams that are around.
Activity: 350
Merit: 11
September 25, 2018, 03:03:24 PM
Depends on the product that the team wants to create and the motivation of the team.
If the team works for the future and does it for free, the project can be successful.
Do not forget about the fact that listing on exchanges costs a lot of money.
My opinion is that if the project is really good, it will collect the necessary money without problems.
September 25, 2018, 02:50:55 PM
You need to have a good team indeed. however, you need to have some $$. Without a single penny, how can you think of running an ICO? Are you trying to scam people's $$? It's really shady practice. You should invest some money either-or you can get someone interested to invest in your project/idea.
My team is continuing to grow. I'm paying everything out of my own pocket, so the budget is minimum. The idea is great and this project will succeed. We plan on organically growing the community.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
September 25, 2018, 02:47:40 PM
You need to have a good team indeed. however, you need to have some $$. Without a single penny, how can you think of running an ICO? Are you trying to scam people's $$? It's really shady practice. You should invest some money either-or you can get someone interested to invest in your project/idea.
September 25, 2018, 02:46:11 PM
@clasico isn't Hydrocoin conducting an ICO/crowdfunding currently?

@irenegaming exactly whatI've been trying to say. If money needs to spent, that comes from marketing if bounties don't work.
Pages:
Jump to: