Pages:
Author

Topic: Does a Successful ICO Really Require $$$$ - page 4. (Read 1931 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 266
September 25, 2018, 09:37:17 AM
If you have a really good project preferably with any kind of already developed prototype and good team developers behind it you can succeed with a minimum initial capital, these days most of the projects pay with there own Tokens for a lot of things especially marketing, but there are some expenses that have to pay with real $$, Bitcoin or one of the main Altcoins this expenses you cannot really avoid and are a must.

Good bounty agencies will for sure help you with a lot of this stuff if you have a really good project with a solid team. Either way, you will still have to pitch in some sort of money to get your project kickoff.

You should reach out and connect some of this agencies or bounty managers and discusses with them.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
September 25, 2018, 09:35:02 AM
In order to start an ICO, many things have to be done, and these usually costs $

- Firstly, you would need to list on ICO websites to make your ICO known to the public

- Next, you need a telegram group for your supporters to gather and ask questions about the project. This is the time you'll need community managers to manage the community, and answer any queries investors may have. If you are planning to do a bounty program (to attract more investors), that would mean more funds have to be spent on marketing.

Not forgetting marketing expenses, talent acquisition expenses, and renting of physical office for the project.

Pre-launch costs on an ICO can be quite high, roughly 150k-200k on the conservative side.
I disagree a little. You don't have to necessarily have to pay to be listed on sites. There are several sites in which you can list for free. In addition, marketing using bounty programs is free of charge as you can pay tokens for individuals to spread the word. In addition, you can offer payment for direct referrals in BTC and ETH; these alone will get a lot of promotion. You can go with a Junior team to get you to the ICO; you only need a landing page, back-end, and smart contract. You can purchase a VPS, and users can work remotely. Hence, I feel like an ICO can be launched for under 10K
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
September 25, 2018, 09:23:21 AM
maybe yes or maybe not, many ico was success and require for taking profit, but many ico was scam and run away all of investor money. we have choose good ico for require to get earning and take much profit  with ico investment.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
September 25, 2018, 09:18:56 AM
All projects that hold ICOs and are successful, the project has a large initial capital and many are supported by collaborative partners.
Activity: 21
September 25, 2018, 09:17:05 AM
In order to start an ICO, many things have to be done, and these usually costs $

- Firstly, you would need to list on ICO websites to make your ICO known to the public

- Next, you need a telegram group for your supporters to gather and ask questions about the project. This is the time you'll need community managers to manage the community, and answer any queries investors may have. If you are planning to do a bounty program (to attract more investors), that would mean more funds have to be spent on marketing.

Not forgetting marketing expenses, talent acquisition expenses, and renting of physical office for the project.

Pre-launch costs on an ICO can be quite high, roughly 150k-200k on the conservative side.
Activity: 448
Merit: 1
September 25, 2018, 09:09:38 AM
I also thought about this project and in most cases it seems to me not necessary, because there are always very large investors, but there are projects that really require investment through ICO, I think so.
September 25, 2018, 09:07:42 AM
Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
Absolutely, you need money to run a company and same goes with icos, if you want to run a successful one then you would need money to make sure that you are getting the best. Although I don't think that a lot of money is needed to launch an ico but still you need to have money for you to be able to launch a successful ico.
Whats the min you think is needed to launch an ICO?
Activity: 350
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
September 25, 2018, 12:25:19 AM
Can I crypto company be successful with a min budget during the ICO? For example, can a startup not have funding and successful launch an ICO to include whitepaper, landing page, smart contract if they are knowledgeable? Or is a lot of $$$$$$$ required for everything. I for one thing that the idea and vision is what sells. Especially if the person is transaparent and people buy in the vision. I think word of mouth will travel and people will buy in.
Absolutely, you need money to run a company and same goes with icos, if you want to run a successful one then you would need money to make sure that you are getting the best. Although I don't think that a lot of money is needed to launch an ico but still you need to have money for you to be able to launch a successful ico.
September 23, 2018, 09:11:00 PM
It it's about business, wouldn't a trading platform succeed? Something similar to the stock market. There would be winners and losers. Is it possible for a small team to conduct the ico, and then after ico with the funds received, hire a huge team?
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
www.cd3d.app
September 23, 2018, 09:09:26 PM
Is a hard cap really needed? Also should there be a huge gap between soft and hard cap
Ofcourse its not needed as long as they reached the softcap they can develop the product they want and yes so many ICO have a huge gap.
Activity: 463
Merit: 11
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
September 23, 2018, 09:06:29 PM
They need money but not that much as to what they were asking on the ICO. I think the target on soft cap is too much. You can do a lot using a million dollar and asking for more than a million is too much for me. However, this is how crypto works and how it will succeed in the future. Always remember that those ICO's that didn't sell enough coins or didn't reach the soft cap didn't succeed. This only means that ICO's really needs money to succeed. Lots of it.  Grin
Activity: 337
Merit: 100
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
September 23, 2018, 09:03:28 PM
YES. ICO needs money to be successful. Think of an ICO as a company, it will never operate without money because there are people working for it. Even technology requires money and those people who think that ICO can operate without money are naive. Although the money required is not that much compared to millions of dollars that were asking for the soft cap or hard cap.
Activity: 644
Merit: 117
swing!
September 23, 2018, 09:01:27 PM
99% of the labor need costs, including all operations for an ICO, unless the project is very public based with welcomed PRs and contributions, there must be a working team with time and effort commited to these projects, existing projects are burning out their ETH reverses to maintain operational, so I think now its not about passion in blockchain but businesses
September 23, 2018, 08:50:44 PM
I think it does. There are a lot that needs to be put in place for an Ico to be successful, and I think that all of these requires a lot of money. Getting someone to write a really good whitepaper, paying for ads, and any other thing that might come along the way, lots of money need to be out into it, especially if you really want to make it a success.
Why not write your own whitepaper and provide bounties? Those can save thousands of dollars and will also with. I've heard of an ico that spent $50 and made over $200,000. Can you explain that?
Activity: 155
September 23, 2018, 08:34:02 PM
I think it does. There are a lot that needs to be put in place for an Ico to be successful, and I think that all of these requires a lot of money. Getting someone to write a really good whitepaper, paying for ads, and any other thing that might come along the way, lots of money need to be out into it, especially if you really want to make it a success.
September 18, 2018, 09:58:00 AM
Is a lot of funding needed to get you to the point of starting an ICO or Post-ICO?
Activity: 96
Merit: 1
September 18, 2018, 06:26:42 AM
I think that for an ICO to be really successful, and to reach their set goal, enough money needs to be spent on certain things. There is no project that  does not require money, it is just that the amount differs between each project, depending on what they are aiming to achieve, and willing to spend. I believe that for an ICO to be successful, an adequate amount of funds need to be spent on it.
September 11, 2018, 03:22:53 PM
An ICO can be successful on a minimum budget but the project is going to be a risk. Without funds there is not going to be a big team, most likely a one man band who can simply take all the funds and run away. If more people are involved the the money is safer as someone else is also watching it
Doesn't being transparent and have the founders name on the website as well as verified by KYC prevent someone from running away?
Activity: 402
September 11, 2018, 03:18:06 PM
An ICO can be successful on a minimum budget but the project is going to be a risk. Without funds there is not going to be a big team, most likely a one man band who can simply take all the funds and run away. If more people are involved the the money is safer as someone else is also watching it
Activity: 252
Merit: 11
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
September 11, 2018, 03:03:24 PM
Well ICO is a crowdfunding method. If the company needs money to be able to develop their product then yeah that ICO requires capital.

ICO is actually a great method for crowdfunding. Unfortunately ICO system is being abused by scams and money grab fake ICO's. However scams exist in all aspects of life. Therefore one has to do their research right before investing.
Pages:
Jump to: