Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Anyone Else Believe In Jesus Christ ? - page 3. (Read 18077 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003
We are the champions of the night
November 08, 2013, 12:45:20 AM
I ask the Lord to cast out the spirits of unbelief, into outer darkness, never to return, in the name of jesus christ.
You sound like some guy that thinks he's a wizard.  Do you realize how stupid you sound, or does this actually make sense in your head?
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 08, 2013, 12:43:36 AM
From Archie and Jughead Issue #347

Jughead:  I am hungy
Archie:  Buy a burger
Jughead:  I have no money.  I would gladly pay you tomorrow for a hamburger today.

Word of the comic.  amen!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Jesus Christ Saves Sinners
November 08, 2013, 12:40:47 AM

I ask the Lord to cast out the spirits of unbelief, into outer darkness, never to return, in the name of jesus christ.
legendary
November 08, 2013, 12:35:49 AM

Psalm 91

King James Version (KJV)

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

If you have troubles with demons or the devil, praying psalm 91 might help.
And I see we're back to the old 'When you run out of logic, quote the Bible'.
November 08, 2013, 12:33:15 AM

Psalm 91

King James Version (KJV)

91 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.

4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;

6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.

9 Because thou hast made the Lord, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;

10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.

12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.

13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.

14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

15 He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.

16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

If you have troubles with demons or the devil, praying psalm 91 might help.
legendary
November 08, 2013, 12:23:54 AM

I did not take bible study as a child.

I did not believe in Jesus Christ until I was 34 years old.

In the early days after I first believed in Jesus Christ,
Without having read the holy bible, I quoted scriptures that I had never read.

I quoted scriptures I had never read because a spirit spoke them to me.
Or there's a chance that you had read them and forgotten, memory can be a strange thing.

I was surrounded by angels, all in white, with wings.

They did not move at all, but went everywhere with me.

Every which way I turned, the angels were there like stones, immovable.

Vast power seemed to come from them.

So much power that i was terrified.
Okay, now you've gone from religious to just insane.

I challenge you to show a difference.
Touché...
November 08, 2013, 12:23:49 AM

God Bless you
Vod
legendary
November 08, 2013, 12:23:22 AM

I quoted scriptures I had never read because a spirit spoke them to me.

Take a look at the first post of this page.  I quoted you before you even wrote the words!   Shocked
November 08, 2013, 12:22:15 AM
God Bless You
Vod
legendary
November 08, 2013, 12:20:47 AM

I challenge you to show a difference.
legendary
November 08, 2013, 12:20:05 AM

November 08, 2013, 12:19:52 AM
God bless you
Vod
legendary
November 08, 2013, 12:18:47 AM

I did not take bible study as a child.

I did not believe in Jesus Christ until I was 34 years old.

In the early days after I first believed in Jesus Christ,
Without having read the holy bible, I quoted scriptures that I had never read.

Oh?  Well, I didn't know that... sure, by all means continue to wreck this thread with useless posts from a useless book.  Drown out all intelligent contribution.
November 08, 2013, 12:18:22 AM

God Bless you
November 08, 2013, 12:16:27 AM

God Bless you
legendary
November 08, 2013, 12:15:17 AM

I reported you to the moderator again vod, asking them to prevent you from posting in this thread. I think you are sick in the head.
Lol, the guy that believes we were all created by some guy in the sky that's always watching us is calling people sick in the head.
Vod
legendary
November 08, 2013, 12:14:24 AM

I reported you to the moderator again vod, asking them to prevent you from posting in this thread. I think you are sick in the head.

Quote from: just_me

The feeling is quite mutual you nut job, except I know you are sick in the head.   Wink
November 08, 2013, 12:13:05 AM

legendary
November 08, 2013, 12:12:27 AM
Yes, I do. My faith is something I struggle with daily, however.

Were you forced to go to church as a child?  If so, your struggle is probably your intelligence fighting against your brainwashing.  Good luck in your struggle!

Religion, church, and a bible class 5 days a week for 11 years was something I grew up with, yes. My belief system has changed drastically since then.  Today, my belief system closely resembles that of a Deist.  I don't feel that belief in a higher power and belief in the theory of evolution are mutually exclusive ideas. I don't think the Bible was meant to be taken literally.  I'm 24 now, but from K-10th grade I was in what I can only describe as a neo-conservative Christian school. I received an excellent education there but could not tolerate their interpretation of the Bible. They took the Bible literally to the extent of believing the world was literally created in seven, 24-hour days.  They taught that the earth was 5,000 years old among many other ridiculous "facts".  Fundamental to this dogma was the teaching that there was an imminent apocalypse predicted by the book of Revelation where non-believers would be slaughtered and sent to hell for all eternity. For much of my young life, I was inundated with all manner of scare tactics involving hell and was told to believe there was only one way to heaven.  I was taught to believe other religions were an abomination. I prayed out of fear of going to hell.  At 13 or 14 years old, I'd had enough and began to wake up, using basic scientific theory and logic to question and systematically reject these teachings.  After experiencing life at a public high school and a large university, I came to reject the idea of God or a higher power altogether for quite a while.  I came to believe that morals and values were irrelevant. I was even more depressed than usual and felt that my life had no purpose or meaning.
This right here is the harm in religion.  We teach children beliefs that have no evidence whatsoever while they are very impressionable, and it makes it harder for them to figure out the truth of the world (If they ever do).  Heck, if everybody was religious, we'd probably just pray to god to cure someone's cancer instead of using all the advanced medical treatments that science has come up with.  This is one of the many reasons America has fallen behind, the fact that we're one of the most religious countries is hindering us big-time.  Not to say there's not a lot of other reasons, but it's up there..
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
November 08, 2013, 12:11:29 AM
Chapter four of "God is not Great"

Chapter Four: A Note On Health, To Which Religion May Be Hazardou
In this chapter, Hitchens explains how some religions can be hostile to treating diseases. He writes that many Muslims saw the polio vaccine as a conspiracy, and thus allowed polio to spread.[10] He goes on to discuss the Catholic Church's response to the spread of HIV in Africa, telling people that condoms are ineffective, which, he argues, contributes to the death toll.[11] He notes with examples that some in both the Catholic and the Muslim communities believe irrationally that HIV and HPV are punishment for sexual sin—particularly homosexuality.[12] He describes religious leaders as "faith healers", and opines that they are hostile to medicine because it undermines their position of power.[13]
He then criticises the Jewish ritual of circumcision that would have him "take a baby boy's penis in my hand, cut around the prepuce, and complete the action by taking his penis in my mouth, sucking off the foreskin, and spitting out the amputated flap along with a mouthful of blood and saliva", and denounces the traditional African practice of female genital mutilation. He concludes the chapter writing of the religious "wish for obliteration" — for a death in the form of the day of the Apocalypse.

Sorry xkeyscore89, you posted at a poor time.  We're currently in a quote-off!  Smiley

I'm sorry to interrupt, let's continue at your earliest convenience. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: