Pages:
Author

Topic: Does Anyone Else Believe In Jesus Christ ? - page 8. (Read 18077 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Fourth richest fictional character
November 07, 2013, 02:49:17 AM
Y'all need Jesus Christ.

Bitcoins for Jesus. Smiley Smiley

So it's pretty sad how people think it's trendy to put down Jesus Christ and Christianity.

You all do realize that our modern day values are derived from Judeo-Christian values?

Including:

Thou shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Thou shalt not covet.

Most European and American law is based on Judeo-Christian (biblical) law.

If you feel comfortable with any of the above, well, that says alot.

Jesus Christ is Lord.

donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
November 07, 2013, 01:04:17 AM
Wow, this thread seems like a gem for my filter,

Could anyone give me a list of the people worth not ignoring in this thread ?

I'd share my ignore list with you and maybe give a 50mBTC depending on the perceived effort.
(PM please, thx)
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002
You cannot kill love
November 07, 2013, 12:56:35 AM
Fine with me, I take all your negative energy and turn it into positive. Smiley
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 07, 2013, 12:29:13 AM
As far as the laughing stock of the forum - every breath of laughter you blow towards me will hit you back in the face when I fly, it is fine with me.  We laugh at what we don't understand.

In the meantime, UNTIL YOU FLY, you are the joke of this forum, nut job.   Wink
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 06, 2013, 11:44:52 PM
It doesn't mean you can't visit a magical chocolate factory.  If you were to see Willy Wonka, would he not be real?

If I saw Willy Wonka I'd seek help.
If you saw Willy Wonka, you would have great abilities, just as I once saw spongebob assimilate in front of me, explode and come back together (through the altering of consciousness/mdma).

It is all real, just like the guy I met who saw dead people and interacted with a the mother of a daughter who passed away to confirm the realness of his 'hallucinations'.

Reading dank's posting history is a trip; he starts off completely normal, then somewhere just totally shifts personalities.
I evolved.

You're thinking if infinite gods are in a collective reality.  We each control our own reality which makes your alternation of conscious very relevant to your reality.

So you control your own reality?

You CHOOSE to be ten thousand dollars in debt and the laughing stock of the forum?

Why would you chose that?
I don't know, maybe so I could pay off my debt and prove to everyone dank is not a scammer, dank is a real person trying to help the world.

As far as the laughing stock of the forum - every breath of laughter you blow towards me will hit you back in the face when I fly, it is fine with me.  We laugh at what we don't understand.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
November 06, 2013, 11:38:25 PM
You're thinking if infinite gods are in a collective reality.  We each control our own reality which makes your alternation of conscious very relevant to your reality.

So you control your own reality?

You CHOOSE to be ten thousand dollars in debt and the laughing stock of the forum?

Why would you chose that?
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1006
November 06, 2013, 11:24:00 PM

God must first pass through man to reach the believer; without man, God speaks no word, and still to this day has not.  Therefore, all that God says is dependent on man being honest.  We know that man cannot be honest at all times.  Therefore, we cannot prove God's word to be God's word, we can only prove that it is man's word; ergo, God is only as omnipotent as we believe him to be.  This is just the logic I'm laying out for the believer Tongue  They can take it or discard it if they want.

I'm not saying the Bible is true or false; I'm saying it cannot be absolute, so God's word cannot be absolute.  We should not burn any books due to men lying for either those books are intentional lies (of which I love), or they are observable truths (such as the writing of many philosophers and scientists, which can be proven to be lies or not.)  If the individual cannot discern what is real and what is not on their own, they cannot trust any book asserted as truth, including religious texts, including political texts.  The beginning of this distrust, I believe, is by making obvious that books of absolute truth are only as honest as man, which is something any believer can relate with.

Suggestion: Look up the word omnipotent in the dictionary. The bolded statement is not logical, its logically broken. Your whole argument is utterly broken because your premise does not follow.

If God isn't omnipotent, then God isn't. The grey area you're conjuring does not exist anywhere in reality. Conditional omnipotence. Haha, that is likely the best oxymoron Ive' ever encountered. I thought jumbo shrimp was good.  Smiley

2nd bolded statement. No scientist seeks the truth on their own. They collaborate. That is the nature of science, it does not rely merely on individual efforts. That's why the bible has so many authors who cohesively agree on truth. I argue it is the strongest argument for truth that this world has ever seen. So to sum up my response, I fully disagree with your explanation of how we as human beings discern truth.

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
November 06, 2013, 11:16:38 PM
No, no one else believes in jesus, only you OP.

Nope.  Me too!   Grin

OP and I seem to be outnumbered though.

And I don't have my own website to share, which might be a good thing.

legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1042
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 06, 2013, 10:49:12 PM
Reading dank's posting history is a trip; he starts off completely normal, then somewhere just totally shifts personalities.

It was when he got the scammer tag.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
November 06, 2013, 10:45:08 PM
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
November 06, 2013, 10:41:07 PM
No, no one else believes in jesus, only you OP.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 566
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
November 06, 2013, 10:39:17 PM
It doesn't mean you can't visit a magical chocolate factory.  If you were to see Willy Wonka, would he not be real?

I called dank out for going to the "what is reality" argument when he first started posting here. I knew he would.

Either way. Let him think how he thinks. obviously its a fun perspective and I wouldn't want to ruin it. As long as he's not hurting anyone or himself then I think there's no problem with him thinking this way.
legendary
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 06, 2013, 10:06:21 PM
It doesn't mean you can't visit a magical chocolate factory.  If you were to see Willy Wonka, would he not be real?

legendary
You cannot kill love
November 06, 2013, 09:54:35 PM
If you can experience it, is it not real? 

Reading Willy Wonka doesn't mean that you've visited a magical chocolate factory.

To me, there are infinite realities composing one universe.

As said before, the sum of infinitely many influences is zero.

Everything is real.

Willy Wonka is just a story.
legendary
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 06, 2013, 09:52:49 PM
If you can experience it, is it not real? 

Reading Willy Wonka doesn't mean that you've visited a magical chocolate factory.

To me, there are infinite realities composing one universe.

As said before, the sum of infinitely many influences is zero.

Everything is real.

Willy Wonka is just a story.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 06, 2013, 09:39:00 PM
If you can experience it, is it not real?  To me, there are infinite realities composing one universe.  Everything is real.
legendary
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 06, 2013, 09:35:17 PM

Firstly your definition of reality is wrong. The key to understanding the meaning of the word reality is the first bit 'real'. Reality is the domain of the real, if it does not exist in reality then it does not exist. There is only one reality, things either exists or they do not, even if they exist in a different dimension.

If we did all have a unique version of reality then we would disagree on objective facts, which we don't.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 06, 2013, 09:21:44 PM
legendary
Hamster ate my bitcoin
November 06, 2013, 09:01:15 PM
Awesome.  So you understand how a universal consciousness exists somewhere too, right?

Yes. In that universe. Not in ours.
Universe means one.  You are admitting god existing in the universe but not your reality.

There would be infinitely many gods, which one to pray to?

/edit
You would also need more than an infinite universe to allow for infinite possibility.
The total sum of infinitely many gods is zero.
There's infinite gods indeed.  Which one to pray to?  Yourself seems like the logical answer.  Or to the singular, all encompassing, god.

For every god that wants the sky to be a darker blue, there is a god that wants it lighter. The total effect of your infinitely many gods is zero. So whether you are right or not it has absolutely no relevance to anything.
legendary
You cannot kill love
November 06, 2013, 08:53:01 PM
Awesome.  So you understand how a universal consciousness exists somewhere too, right?

Yes. In that universe. Not in ours.
Universe means one.  You are admitting god existing in the universe but not your reality.

There would be infinitely many gods, which one to pray to?

/edit
You would also need more than an infinite universe to allow for infinite possibility.
The total sum of infinitely many gods is zero.
There's infinite gods indeed.  Which one to pray to?  Yourself seems like the logical answer.  Or to the singular, all encompassing, god.
Pages:
Jump to: