Pages:
Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 14. (Read 304484 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 10
January 15, 2018, 08:23:43 AM
What actually matter is not the actual price, it's the trend.
If the price is stable or rising, the adoption increases. People and businesses get more confident in bitcoin and start using it. More miners start up their gears.
If the price is falling, people get scared / suspicious and will go away from bitcoin.

Why do you think bitcoin is trending now in social medias?It is the price actually who makes it  very popular.Before on 2009 or even 5 years ago,does anyone here knows the effect of bitcoins in our daily life?The answer is NO not until the price grows big especially on 2017.It brings hope during the times of crisis.And people realizing it that this coin has a big impact in our daily life.They thought that this would be a good source of income.So I guess the price matters first before it trends.
Activity: 129
RedTube & Rasputin Party Mansion
January 15, 2018, 07:21:54 AM
It seems to me a meaningless question: of course it matters, how can use bitcoin if you don't know its value?
I understand that some people here like the "bitcoin idea" independently form it value, but they are just exceptions.
Activity: 179
January 15, 2018, 06:22:30 AM
It matters a lot, as that's what drives what it's worth day to day. If it didn't, I don't think most of us would be here including myself,
The ones that would be left would be seeing it as an experiment and waiting for it's result.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 516
January 15, 2018, 06:13:03 AM
Of course it matters. People invest in bitcoin to earn money. If the price was low then so many people would be interested in bitcoin? I don't think so. The possibility of making a large profit is a factor in the increase of the investing community.
Activity: 400
Merit: 59
January 15, 2018, 05:38:55 AM
Of course YES ! what on this market really matters is the price and value of a coin,if not then why we are using it ? like bitcoin it is popular because it has a high price which indicates the high demands of the people. Bitcoin , Ripple, ETH, etc. they are well known because of their value unlike other low costs coins.
Activity: 102
Merit: 2
OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance
January 15, 2018, 05:21:20 AM
It matters because you need to exchange it with other currencies.
If you used only bitcoin, theoretically speaking, it didn't matter, as you would be only interesten in what you can buy.
Activity: 644
Merit: 255
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
January 15, 2018, 12:58:40 AM
I think if bitcoin prices continue to fall this will bring problems, but if the price goes up then this is profitable, I'm sure that it takes patience and time to see prices keep rising.

True, price is very important on the participant of bitcoin cause it is the source of income of almost everyone here. The pumping and dumping affect's the income and strategies of traders and investor also the people who save bitcoin. Moving up and down pressure us and become greedy to make a big profit, in other word the price gives a big impact in the participant of bitcoin.
Activity: 118
January 15, 2018, 12:41:01 AM
the price of bitcoin is still high unlike last year and still going up because so many people using bitcoin now and other digital currencies
Activity: 419
Merit: 100
January 14, 2018, 10:17:39 PM
I think if bitcoin prices continue to fall this will bring problems, but if the price goes up then this is profitable, I'm sure that it takes patience and time to see prices keep rising.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 500
January 14, 2018, 09:31:59 PM
It really matters for all bitcoin traders. They need to manage and count the statistic of bitcoin index. If it doesn't matter why people doing trading in the hall this time. Overall it really matters for traders to get profit.
The value of the bitcoin is determined by the community investing in it. I think that with current values ​​it is not too high for the true value of bitcoin in the future. Certainly traders who have invested in bitcoins since very early are truly feeling great because bitcoins are making huge profits for them. Bitcoin will not stop at a value of less than $ 20,000, I am sure so.
Yeah many outsiders are interested in using bitcoin one of the reasons is the bitcoin price that continues to soar. so they are interested to invest in bitcoin. same as me I'm interested in using bitcoin in 2012-2013 when bitcoin pump price to $ 1200 is very surprising because there is no commodity as expensive as gold like bitcoin that day. so I was interested to try bitcoin. the price really gives a big effect on bitcoin especially for the high price..
Activity: 266
Merit: 17
January 14, 2018, 07:57:49 PM
Bitcoin is back up by USD or FIat money and believe that the price really matters because all altcoins are depending on bitcoin price so it really matters. i think the perfect time to buy bitcoin is when the market is bleeding. time to buy more and hold we can see a lot in the next few months.
Activity: 294
Merit: 114
January 14, 2018, 07:50:03 PM
If you focus on making profit from btc and cash it out whenever you reach your target with fiat currency than it would be important the price I mean. But for the holders it don`t mean so much.

Price do really matters, as a holder myself I keep monitoring the value each day, every hour and minute. Holders are investors that keeps compounding from the initial investment made and we don't usually buy when the price is really, really high. Of course, we have to find the perfect timing to do that not just buy whenever there is funds available. It especially really matters when we do want to sell in order to gain profits. Every point in investment is critical and it all really matters. No matter how less important they are, when you miss out a single one, you'll prone to make mistakes and might lose a percentage of your investment.
Activity: 265
The World’s First Blockchain Core
January 14, 2018, 07:31:05 PM
If you focus on making profit from btc and cash it out whenever you reach your target with fiat currency than it would be important the price I mean. But for the holders it don`t mean so much.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
January 14, 2018, 07:24:45 PM
The price of Bitcoin matters because it is in a popularity race against other Cryptos and if bested in price (market cap), it could be a fatal blow as it would mean another coin has surpassed it.
Activity: 186
January 14, 2018, 07:23:36 PM
Of course it matters, until other currencies will exist. If the bitcoin becomes the only currency, there won't be anything to compare with.
legendary
Activity: 2562
Merit: 1414
January 14, 2018, 03:00:03 PM
Well, I don't actually think the price of bitcoin can really matter because people can still buy fractions of bitcoin

Actually it does ( atleast in some occasion ). Did you realized how many media finally put some coverage on bitcoin because of the exchange rate? When bitcoin worth less than $1000 , no one cares but when it shoot up to over 1000 % then everyone wants to know about it

The media only feed on those that could gather attention from people otherwise it wont. So to some degree you could say that the exchange rate actually matters . I could say with certainty it wont really change anything at all even with alot of media covering it because most media dont even know what bitcoin is
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
The Future of Global Copyright Registration
January 06, 2018, 12:11:07 PM
Yes! The price of the bitcoin matter the most. Who is the king in cryptocurrencies right now? It is no other than bitcoin. If the price of bitcoin fall apart and crash, so as the world of other cryptocurrencies, they will plummet following bitcoin.
Activity: 210
January 06, 2018, 12:08:31 PM
What matter the most is the price. Nowadays, price is important than being nice, if you say no then someone could have just give a bitcoin to someone else. You will be hypocrite if you would say no, we all greed and hunger for value that is why btc reached $20k.Lastly money is all we need to be alive at this moment and next generations, it will become more important than human lives.
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
January 06, 2018, 11:57:17 AM
Of course it matters!
I wonder how those who bought it at $600/BTC feel right now? (hint: probably they won't be in this forum).

Definitely true, a huge percentage of our reason why we choose to engage ourselves in Bitcoin is to earn profit and obviously the price of peofit we can be able to obgain depends on what is the current rate kf each Bitcoin and it really matters, if you choose to use your money if the Bitcoinis low the tendency is you just like expensing double the amount, but if the Bitcoin is higher of course better profit.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
January 06, 2018, 11:52:21 AM
If I answer you no then I'll be lying. Even though my hope is for us to see 1 btc equivalent to 1 btc some day with the price of fiat mean nothing to us, the current movement of the price still gives us the indication in how well accepted btc is and its demand. I do agree with your reasoning but until the I will still closely follow the btc price movement.
Honestly yes, we don't need to be hypocrite, everyone likes to have a high market value of bitcoin so that the exchange of it in money will be also high. As a investor, value and being profitable is the major reason why the investors invest. And addition, value is the reason why bitcoin has a lot of users and why it is become popular all over the world.
However, by the growth of Bitcoin and its value, a lot of people became the speculator and gambler instead of the investor choose cryptocurrency market for investment. Remember with the fluctuation of cryptocurrency, it's really hard to call cryptocurrency is investment as forex or stock.
Pages:
Jump to: