Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 198. (Read 304484 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
January 15, 2016, 12:06:51 PM
Of course it matters!
I wonder how those who bought it at $600/BTC feel right now? (hint: probably they won't be in this forum).

yes you're right, what happens if the money does not have a nominal, money that would be important, among all the good things that are owned bitcoin, most attracts people is the price, so the price is something important bitcoin
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
January 15, 2016, 11:22:15 AM
of course important, 60% of people interested in bitcoin because the price is high, too many entrepreneurs who invest their dollars into bitcoin the hope that prices will rise with bitcoin high

When the bitcoin price is high, more people will be attracted to the bitcoin community. The bigger the community, the higher the price.

60% of people I think is not possible not 60% of people on earth are interested about it.
I think 30% don't know what is bitcoin and the other 30% is just not interested but they have heard it.
You can just say that they are 60% that is interested.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
January 15, 2016, 11:21:46 AM
of course important, 60% of people interested in bitcoin because the price is high, too many entrepreneurs who invest their dollars into bitcoin the hope that prices will rise with bitcoin high

and if the price is low, the purchasing power is low.  BTC would have no importance is the price dropped to say $1 (probably never will), but at the price the market cap would be just too small
Activity: 68
Merit: 0
January 15, 2016, 10:47:18 AM

When the bitcoin price is high, more people will be attracted to the bitcoin community. The bigger the community, the higher the price.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
January 11, 2016, 08:15:54 AM
The price... if it grows to be higher, more awareness will be given to Bitcoin, and then if you flash that high number to many people, they'll start becoming interested and potentially learn about the technology and what its potential is. If the price drops, then many of the people that use Bitcoin will cease to continue.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
January 11, 2016, 08:13:50 AM
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
January 11, 2016, 07:56:04 AM
I think there are only a little number of bitcoiners that are not worried about the price of bitcoin, but the vast majority of this community is very interested in it because everyone needs to buy and sell things all the time, and these things always have a monetary value.

You are right...
But in those people, most have different mentality like they want Bitcoins to be used like cash in their day-to-day life...
They want it to be used freely in their country without any restrictions...
Do you remember the Era when no fiat was used in most countries and Gold was exchanged and even barter trading was there???
BTC should get such value and must be used as a currency, is all people like us want...
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1398
For support ➡️ help.bc.game
January 11, 2016, 05:51:11 AM
I think there are only a little number of bitcoiners that are not worried about the price of bitcoin, but the vast majority of this community is very interested in it because everyone needs to buy and sell things all the time, and these things always have a monetary value.

Little number you are talking are for the newbies.

First of all, they not aware of the bitcoin price first because all they want is to know the methods to earn it.

When they become an average user here, they will be included for those people who believes that price really matters.
Activity: 631
January 11, 2016, 05:41:59 AM

Exactly, People who are not totally involved in bitcoins are very keen to know the price of bitcoin on daily basis as they want to make profits out of it, even the traders have a close watch on the value of bitcoins and as a ordinary users like us we are all very much interested to know the value so that we can sell a part of bitcoins at right time and earn some profits.
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
January 10, 2016, 10:08:47 PM
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
January 10, 2016, 09:18:55 PM
For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU
I think it is very important for now, but in the future, people might just pay in BTC, like 0.04 for that, blah blah
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
Black Panther
January 10, 2016, 09:17:40 PM
yes its matter, the bigger the value the bigger investment we will have and also it will increase income of the household

bitcoin price also can make the world economy more stable
Activity: 118
Merit: 100
A Programmer
January 10, 2016, 09:14:06 PM
Yes it matter, to stabilize the market and to gain it's value. Therefore there are exchangers and a specific markets for fiats..

Yes i agree, even if the price is not nominated with Fiat, for example with commodity such as gold, silver, or anything that of value and could easily traded for a service and goods
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
January 10, 2016, 09:09:46 PM
Yes it matter, to stabilize the market and to gain it's value. Therefore there are exchangers and a specific markets for fiats..
Activity: 2016
Merit: 721
January 10, 2016, 09:07:01 PM
Until bitcoin become mainstream,its price will matter.As a matter of fact there's nothing wrong with that as it helps to attract common lay man to bitcoin
If you believe that bitcoin has a bright future, then no, its prices only matters if you want to buy at the cheapest possible price at said moment. So, until bitcoin becomes mainstream its price actually doesn't matter much: you should buy anyway.
Activity: 672
January 10, 2016, 07:05:28 PM
Until bitcoin become mainstream,its price will matter.As a matter of fact there's nothing wrong with that as it helps to attract common lay man to bitcoin

Even when it goes mainstream it will matter.
You need a value to convert/exchange it. Since there is no offside market, the BTC/Currency market is the only way to determine a value.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
January 10, 2016, 06:08:16 PM
legendary
Activity: 896
January 10, 2016, 03:14:55 PM
If bitcoin was nothing I think the price won't even matter.
A lot of people use bitcoin, because of the price growing.

For people that are trading and buying and selling bitcoins alwys matters to them and people who hold bitcoin.

people will always care about the price because it is tied to fiat currencies probably for ever. will we ever reach a point where 1 bitcoin is not $447, but just 1 bitcoin? i find it hard to believe.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
January 10, 2016, 02:44:36 PM
If bitcoin was nothing I think the price won't even matter.
A lot of people use bitcoin, because of the price growing.

For people that are trading and buying and selling bitcoins alwys matters to them and people who hold bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1246
!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!
January 10, 2016, 02:28:33 PM
It completely matters and everyone knows that.
Would miners continue if price was low? no.
Then it is very, very important.

Yeah is very important for miner and for traders. That is first place why we choice to use bitcoins.
If bitcoins doesn't matter the price I bet there is no people that will use.
yes you're right.
if the price is not important, for what  BTC became the currency?

yes the price is very important, if the bitcoin price is very low I am sure many users leave bitcoin.

Leave Bitcoin because the price is very low? They will simply buy when the price is very low. Because that makes sense. What you say, doesn't.

That's true, if they will leave BTC when the price will be low, then I guess price should not matter at all...
And if it matters, they are crossing their own words by saying completely different things...
Everyone would love to cut their losses by accumulating more and more BTC at low prices to sell at higher profits, and even get out with their "high-priced coins"...
Jump to: