Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 201. (Read 304484 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
December 11, 2015, 05:03:35 PM
For me , yes it really matters especially right now I am depending on it since I can't find any jobs to get some extra income as I am still a student. Like right now I am holding 1 btc and planning to sell it to have some expenses this coming christmas and new year, the price is really a must Cheesy I'd like to have more money for more fun.
Activity: 560
December 11, 2015, 04:46:34 PM
Since i have my normal job i may say bitcoin worthing 300 dollars or above it doesnt matter for me as i consider it an extra income .I cant live from bitcoin only ,but for some people sure it is a matter since their income and profit will be converted into fiat .
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
December 10, 2015, 06:22:43 PM
Of course bitcoin matters, because if doesnt't matters then why I am still collecting bitcoins.
That is one of the reason I startedwith bitcoin, because I like that the price is going up and with down is that I can buy more.

Im not saying price doesn't matter, but with this mentality you would have never bought Bitcoin back in the day when it was worthless, that's what separates the super early adopters from early adopters, they saw the potential without the need of a price, thats why very few get super rich, it's hard to look beyond the price.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 10, 2015, 05:18:05 PM
Yes Bitcoin price is matter, the higher the price its mean more demand, the more demands mean lots of people is interested

if a lot of people is interested its could mean bitcoin going to last longer

also most of them think bitcoin as passive income, the higher the price its mean the people's income will become larger

Eventually when everyone does know about bitcoin and have made a choice to use it or not, the price probably wouldn't matter.

It will always matter. People need a stable value and thus they can spend it. If we get mass adaption, then pray the market manipulators go away.
They are ruining bitcoin's potential.

Indeed it does, this is why I don't understand how it doesn't matter to some people. How else would you know the value of bitcoin and knowing on when to dump when there's no use for it anymore? Not saying that this will happen but it's just a thought.

Yeah it doesn't amke sense right. For almost every aspect and every audience a value  is needed for usage. Be it trade or speculation.
Activity: 994
December 10, 2015, 11:41:59 AM
Of course bitcoin matters, because if doesnt't matters then why I am still collecting bitcoins.
That is one of the reason I startedwith bitcoin, because I like that the price is going up and with down is that I can buy more.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
December 10, 2015, 11:24:20 AM
Yes Bitcoin price is matter, the higher the price its mean more demand, the more demands mean lots of people is interested

also most of them think bitcoin as passive income, the higher the price its mean the people's income will become larger

Eventually when everyone does know about bitcoin and have made a choice to use it or not, the price probably wouldn't matter.

It will always matter. People need a stable value and thus they can spend it. If we get mass adaption, then pray the market manipulators go away.

Indeed it does, this is why I don't understand how it doesn't matter to some people. How else would you know the value of bitcoin and knowing on when to dump when there's no use for it anymore? Not saying that this will happen but it's just a thought.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
December 09, 2015, 01:37:19 PM
I would argue that it's beneficial for Bitcoin if we see a slow but steady price increase.
Too much volatility isn't good, makes people less likely to use Bitcoin as a currency. 
yes general people will prefer to stable prices, but in reality bitcoin prices are very volatile, this is matter
i hope in future bitcoin prices will stabilize

People here on this forum complain when the price is not moving, and when it is moving, then they complain about the volatility. I do agree with you that the main point for the average people to adopt Bitcoin is the volatility.
Activity: 476
December 09, 2015, 09:23:50 AM
I would argue that it's beneficial for Bitcoin if we see a slow but steady price increase.
Too much volatility isn't good, makes people less likely to use Bitcoin as a currency. 
yes general people will prefer to stable prices, but in reality bitcoin prices are very volatile, this is matter
i hope in future bitcoin prices will stabilize
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043
Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)
December 09, 2015, 08:00:43 AM
It matters for miners, yes. If it wasn't attractive, people wouldn't mine it. If people stopped mined it, there would be 2 scenarios.
Either bitcoin would die (hard to believe this one although), or scenario #2 wealthy people would accumulate more and do their thing Smiley
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
December 09, 2015, 07:58:55 AM

Activity: 448
December 09, 2015, 07:32:01 AM
Regardless of trade profit, bitcoin as a payment system needs to have a value, preferably a stable value so people know how much they can spend it.
A high or low value doesn't matter as much to reach it's mail goal.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030
give me your cryptos
December 09, 2015, 07:28:11 AM
The bitcoin price does matter, as the higher it is, the more people it encourages to participate in the bitcoin community. This is why we all should strive to drive the bitcoin price up. Even if it is a pump, people will join as they see the price is gigantic, and with every new user, the bitcoin price goes up.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
December 09, 2015, 07:08:45 AM
As long we use USD as method to pay for everyday stuff to a yacht, yes it matter.
forever we will continue to use USD as a payment system, it must
i think it is not a matter in the bitcoin price
as long as most people dont have bitcoin it matters, you cant honestly tell me you want to get paid flat in bitcoin with its unstable price?

let me put it in other way, if you are a holder, yes it matter, if you just using exchanger to transfer your money then it does not matter.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
December 09, 2015, 07:01:27 AM
Well if you are trying to make a profit, of course it.

If you are just buying stuff with Bitcoin, then the price doesn't matter.

For me, it does matter.

if you're trying to make profit, the only thing that matter is instability not the price per se

just increase the leverage if the difference is lower, for example at 200 per bitcoin, you can play on the range of 200-300, with 1k per coin, you will play at the range of 1000-1200+ for example

the difference is bigger in the second case, so you need less bitcoin in play to hav emore profit, in the first case you simply increase the leverage
Activity: 1022
Merit: 538
December 09, 2015, 05:43:53 AM
Well if you are trying to make a profit, of course it.

If you are just buying stuff with Bitcoin, then the price doesn't matter.

For me, it does matter.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
December 09, 2015, 04:41:13 AM

volatility attracts traders. these kind of traders are only not interested in bitcoin as technology. they just want the profits. these kind of traders will leave the scene once the volatility starts to decrease heavily.

Volatility in Bitcoin will be present for a while in the future. It won't dissappear just like that. I would say that we need to grow quite a lot more market cap wise for us to become more stable. How much exactly? Well I would say that we need to grow at least 30 fold to see some major stability.

the current market cap isn't even the most important aspect. the amount of order books is what is causing the volatility to be very heavy. order books are very thin and cause a lot panic when leading exchanges are going fully nuts. currently the chinese "giant" exchanges huobi, okcoin and btcchina rule the market. if these exchanges will be combined in a single order book, then i am sure the volatility will decrease significantly. even with the current market cap.

You are right mate but we are still very, very small. You get 1000 serious buyers over the night because they have seen a documentary about Bitcoin and they would be able to make a chaos to the price! That's really my only point!
Activity: 532
December 08, 2015, 09:13:05 PM
As long we use USD as method to pay for everyday stuff to a yacht, yes it matter.
forever we will continue to use USD as a payment system, it must
i think it is not a matter in the bitcoin price
Activity: 266
Invulner
December 08, 2015, 09:06:48 PM
Of course it does.... For now anyway. But in the near future fiat currency will be worthless and there will be no point trying to value bitcoins in terms of worthless dollars.
legendary
December 08, 2015, 09:04:26 PM

volatility attracts traders. these kind of traders are only not interested in bitcoin as technology. they just want the profits. these kind of traders will leave the scene once the volatility starts to decrease heavily.

Volatility in Bitcoin will be present for a while in the future. It won't dissappear just like that. I would say that we need to grow quite a lot more market cap wise for us to become more stable. How much exactly? Well I would say that we need to grow at least 30 fold to see some major stability.

the current market cap isn't even the most important aspect. the amount of order books is what is causing the volatility to be very heavy. order books are very thin and cause a lot panic when leading exchanges are going fully nuts. currently the chinese "giant" exchanges huobi, okcoin and btcchina rule the market. if these exchanges will be combined in a single order book, then i am sure the volatility will decrease significantly. even with the current market cap.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 567
December 08, 2015, 08:25:35 PM
Jump to: