Pages:
Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 38. (Read 304484 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 10, 2017, 12:38:15 PM

If the bitcoin price would become stable and making all get some kind of dividends from it,would be great to buy anything with bitcoin worthing 1 dollars,the history of pizza and many others that are on history of bitcoin biggest trades ever.Lower value mainstream maybe already bigger value deeply investment and more investors,in the end the value matters for all besides being a currency sure all like to sleep and wake up with more 10 dollars or even 5 bucks in value.
Activity: 672
Merit: 127
October 10, 2017, 12:32:35 PM
No, I think bitcoin price matter because decentralized system is a price that can go up tens of percent in a day. the first thing before we invest bitcoin is dare to take risks.

We only take risk if you enter trading in exchangers which requires investment. Bitcoin matters for us because of the job offered in the campaign which have a possibility to double in the future if the bitcoin will continue to increase.

Activity: 294
Merit: 105
October 10, 2017, 06:56:58 AM
For me of course the price matters. It matters because the price of the bitcoin not stable, if the price of the bitcoin is rising stably more people will be willing to invest or convert their money to bitcoin to make huge profit.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
October 10, 2017, 06:08:22 AM
There is no gain concurring to the known. My angle is for instance, if we had another coin seriously competing with bitcoin in price that is like $4,000 and another $3,550 etc, we would see that the stiff competition wouldn't give bitcoin so much hype because people would also prefer to deal with the other coins comfortably despite the little difference.

However, the situation we have in our hands currently has made bitcoin so popular and useful as every transaction most likely would come to bitcoin first before being converted to either another coin or local fiat and the relevance keep rising.
People will still choose or prefer the coin that has a great features and they will choose the better between bitcoin and the possible competitor. The price of bitcoin is just a first thing that a person looks first but after that, they look even deeper and that is the features of the coin and that determines where they will focus more and support for a long time.
Activity: 518
Merit: 145
October 10, 2017, 06:00:45 AM
What is this question? Of course it matters, in fact this is why Bitcoin got so popular Cheesy

That may be right for someone who is just coming into bitcoin. However, it was not the price that got bitcoin to where it is today, it is the value that got it to where it is. For those who started with bitcoin earlier, they took the bolder risk believing in the service of bitcoin and what it has to offer. Gradually as the value keeps getting adopted and people start realising all these, the demand kept increasing and that got us here. However, recently, most people are overlooking the value and concentrating on the fact that it is an asset which to me is just a plus ... All thesame, value, price, demand etc all contributes to its success.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 624
October 10, 2017, 05:55:25 AM
There is no gain concurring to the known. My angle is for instance, if we had another coin seriously competing with bitcoin in price that is like $4,000 and another $3,550 etc, we would see that the stiff competition wouldn't give bitcoin so much hype because people would also prefer to deal with the other coins comfortably despite the little difference.

However, the situation we have in our hands currently has made bitcoin so popular and useful as every transaction most likely would come to bitcoin first before being converted to either another coin or local fiat and the relevance keep rising.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
October 10, 2017, 05:54:40 AM
For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU

We are opposite. For me, yes the bitcoin price really matters. It is one of the big factor why the bitcoin users and holders are in increasing its number and I am one of so many people that get interested to bitcoin because it is already high. Not only me but also to other people that are just starting bitcoin. The price caught their attentionso easily. Bitcoin price really matters, if bitcoin price goes down lot of bitcoin user’s panic. We are all affected. I understanding what you are pointing out. But for me when we say “price or bitcoin price” it already means the price of bitcoin in each of our currency.
Activity: 700
Merit: 350
Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard
October 10, 2017, 05:51:59 AM
Yes it is, the price of fhe bitcoin is the major reason why all people like bitcoin. Without this price bitcoin is worthless, and no one will have an interest to invest in it.

Well that is not entirely correct. The price of bitcoin was 0 when it was created, and it took a long time for the price to climb on where it is today. I think that for new investors the price matter of course, and so does it's potencial to grow even further, otherwise they would not make profit from it. But for those that started this, the only thing that mattered was it's it's value: for bitcoin to be able to work as a decentralized currency and store of value, and to give the power back to the the people and away from banks and governments. If it wasn't for this intrinsic value, the price would never have gotten to where it is today.
Activity: 294
Merit: 101
October 10, 2017, 05:43:31 AM
Yes it is, the price of fhe bitcoin is the major reason why all people like bitcoin. Without this price bitcoin is worthless, and no one will have an interest to invest in it.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
October 10, 2017, 05:20:00 AM
What is this question? Of course it matters, in fact this is why Bitcoin got so popular Cheesy

Right, this shouldn't be a question. To be frank, there would not be a huge number of people getting interested with bitcoin if its price is $1 . People are here because of bitcoin and its price, the sudden increase in its price have catch the attention of many people therefore bringing them here in this forum to earn.

If bitcoin still has its old price, even lower than half of its price now, I doubt if there would be many newbies roaming around this forum. The price of bitcoin surely matters for all of us, if the price continues to go up there will be more profit for us
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 09, 2017, 12:54:47 PM
The value is really essential to all of us. If it doesnt subject than no one will use Bitcoin and that will be not excellent.The cost of Bitcoin is a bit steady now so that is good. And the most people feel that the price will be increased in the foreseeable future.
Activity: 361
Merit: 137
October 09, 2017, 12:43:49 PM
Activity: 612
Merit: 102
October 09, 2017, 11:43:27 AM
For true devotees of Bitcoin, the price of the digital currency is almost irrelevant. They believe in its inherent value or, more frequently, cannot see any value at all in the alternative of government issued fiat currency. Price is therefore not a concern. At the other end of the spectrum, for those that harbor what appears to be an irrational hatred of Bitcoin and anything to do with it, the exchange rate also matters little. They were screaming that it was all worthless when the price was at over $1000, and somehow convince themselves that an exchange rate of over 200 times what it was before that bubble proves their point. For the vast majority of people somewhere in the middle, however, the price of the currency in Dollar, Euro, Yuan or whatever terms is important.

Read more: http://www.nasdaq.com/article/does-the-price-of-bitcoin-matter-cm476312#ixzz3a1cH4qcU

i think it depends on the bitcoin holder ,  but to simplify it if you want to hold bitcoin for long term or even for a short trade its still best to accumulate bitcoin to the lowest price that you can avail
i myself waiy for the price to flactuate when im buying
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
October 09, 2017, 11:03:11 AM
For me the whole premise behind this thread is wrong. To say that the price is irrelevant because eventually 1btc will be worth 1btc and you will buy everything with btc is a moot point. There will still be other currencies that btc will have a price relative to, such as the USD. If a loaf of bread costs $1 then of course you would rather that your 1btc was worth 1 million USD instead of 1 USD. There will always be some other currencies in use throughout the world and btc will rightly have a relative price to them even if it is adopted by the masses.
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
October 09, 2017, 10:54:28 AM
I feel it does matter,adoption will keep pushing it up the value, the technology however does not need the price as it is sound. The price increase attracts more investors as think they can benefit from it long term. It also adds to the hype.
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
October 09, 2017, 10:52:03 AM
Of course it does specially for us who use it and depends on it,
The price of bitcoin is really important for us who are depending to much in bitcoin,
The one's who quit's their job and stayed at home and only earning through bitcoin.
Indeed, if there is no price of bitcoin or if the price of bitcoin is low then we will not depend on bitcoin that much because we can easily estimate that the earnings that we can get in bitcoin is not worth it to spend our time since the price of bitcoin is not sure that is high or even close for a high price. Bitcoin price is what matter most because that is why, it is continue getting attention and investors.

Agreed - At this early stage, if there's no economic incentive for people to invest their time and $ into the tech/currency, then you'll see the large majority of people falling off the radar or not finding a reason to migrate towards BTC in the first place.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
October 09, 2017, 09:22:35 AM
Price matters and will keep climbing. Cant wait for that 100k per BTC
Activity: 250
Merit: 105
October 09, 2017, 09:21:52 AM
Of course, bitcoin price really matters. If it doesn't matter with you then why are you still staying in bitcoin, earning bitcoin, selling, trading & saving bitcoin. Its price makes bitcoin exciting, because you do not know when will it rise and when will it fall.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
October 09, 2017, 09:14:49 AM
i think it is in the eye of the beholder...the one who seeks easy and fast profit, the price does of course matter, for the one who tries to make an investment of the litle they have to hopefuly gain a couple bucks more it also does. But, if your prespective is that, this coin is the future of economics and worldtrade, that we are witnesing the beginning of a new base of economy and trade, then the current price is of no importance. So, in practicality, it does matter, 'cause people try to profit from it selling and buy, investing and mining. On the theoretical and philosofical point of view, it is just smth to study, maybe to get prepeared for.
Activity: 616
Merit: 251
October 09, 2017, 09:00:42 AM
Bitcoin price matters especially to those who earn bitcoin through signature/avatar campaign because when the price of bitcoin is high you can earn more when you exchange on local fiat. It is also important to those who want to invest in bitcoin they are waiting for bitcoin to dump before they buy and sell again when it pump.
Pages:
Jump to: