Pages:
Author

Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter? - page 40. (Read 304484 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
October 08, 2017, 07:36:25 PM
If I answer you no then I'll be lying. Even though my hope is for us to see 1 btc equivalent to 1 btc some day with the price of fiat mean nothing to us, the current movement of the price still gives us the indication in how well accepted btc is and its demand. I do agree with your reasoning but until the I will still closely follow the btc price movement.

This says a lot. As many people look at it as currency, the price is too mainstream. And as I can see many people also invest in bitcoin, so the price is extremely important. I believe many people was attracted to bitcoin due to its increasing price, (it varies and depends tho). We don't know in the future but when bitcoin's price failed I think there are people who'll surely quit.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
October 08, 2017, 07:13:29 PM
The price of bitcoins does matters as your buying and selling decisions will depend only on its price as you will never sell at low price and never buy it at higher price and its only the price of bitcoins that attracts people towards and if the price of bitcoin falls to extreme level in future then there will be many people who will prefer to quit bitcoins and switch to some other investments.
Activity: 98
Merit: 11
October 08, 2017, 06:48:45 PM
I'd have to agree that the price is rather crucial in these (still) "early days" to grow adoption and infrastructure development to a critical point where ease of use and comfort with the currency exceed or, at least, match fiat currencies. I'm going to argue that the vast majority of people who are entering the space now and buying BTC or altcoins are doing so to profit from speculation. Thus, if BTC is to continue to attract more infrastructure investment, incentivized by a growing user base, then you'd want the price to continue to present investors with attractive returns on their investment. Over time, it would seem logical that "price appreciation" becomes less important, because investment in infrastructure has made BTC a much more frictionless vehicle to transfer value, and new users are now joining for the quality of the protocol/experience vs. the traditional fiat market rather than just to speculate on an outsized gain on invested capital.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023
October 08, 2017, 06:42:54 PM
Well to the devotees like you, price of Bitcoin will not matter since you believe in inherent value lying under the Bitcoin. However, for most people, the price of Bitcoin can serve as a trigger whether to invest their money into Bitcoin or not. If the Bitcoin price rises high, more and more people will start to participate, otherwise no.
There is another underlying factor to that,if the price keeps on increasing then bitcoin wont get new small time investors because it is beyond them to spend a huge amount of money for a fraction of the pie,certainly for every investor price does matter irrespective of what the underlying technology is and i am looking forward to the fork this coming month.
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
October 08, 2017, 06:32:18 PM
Yes the price or bitcoin market value really matter because without its current value none of us wouldn't have been be here. At the time bitcoin value was less than $5 so many people were not interested but when its value increase to what it is today that brought about many of us are here in this forum.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
October 08, 2017, 06:26:51 PM
Currently the price of Bitcoin is mainly speculation that's why the price is always changing. Its price is very important and essential for miners.
Actually the price of Bitcoin decide of its popularity which usually helps improve the Bitcoin's situation.So it is matter.
Activity: 276
October 08, 2017, 06:12:07 PM
Yes it matters, some of us are get involved with bitcoin because of it's value.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
October 08, 2017, 05:59:32 PM
Of course it matters. The higher the more people are interested in anything.
I don't totally agree with you. It is true that people are interested when the price is higher because every human being on earth seek to make money, but, price in bitcoin does not matter. The price is willing to get higher, so if you're paid in bitcoin now, your money is now worth a specific amount that can even reach double if bitcoin goes higher. Working and getting paid in bitcoin is good as a long term plan because the price is expected to get higher and higher by time, so, that's why the price of bitcoin does not matter now if you have plans for the future.
Activity: 459
Merit: 251
October 08, 2017, 04:59:53 PM
Of course it matters. The higher the more people are interested in anything.
Activity: 25
October 08, 2017, 04:49:52 PM
If it doesnt subject than nobody will use it and it will not even exist. Bitcoin will be later in the future the most utilised payment method.And that will be so very good. But you by no means when it will happen when the worth is heading to increase and that is the problem.
Activity: 770
Merit: 268
October 05, 2017, 11:16:23 AM
If I answer you no then I'll be lying. Even though my hope is for us to see 1 btc equivalent to 1 btc some day with the price of fiat mean nothing to us, the current movement of the price still gives us the indication in how well accepted btc is and its demand. I do agree with your reasoning but until the I will still closely follow the btc price movement.
That would be definitely lying. Ofcourse the price always matters that's why some people began to be interested to use bitcoin to have a source of income. Many people would definitely leave in bitcoin if the price of bitcoin will totally crash because all of their money will be gone including mine.
Agreed, as the user stated price really matters big with bitcoin. Also one who is saying that he doesn't think of the price is a big lie. As the price keeps on growing same is the price increase happening in the users. So if something goes wrong or causes a price crash surely it will lose its popularity, No doubt it.
Bitcoin will not lose popularity if the price will go down because it will attract more attention from the people who are watching bitcoin and if the price will go down then it is actually an opportunity to the people who want to invest so it is opposite to are you saying because if the popularity of bitcoin will go down because of the price crash then the crash will just continue to go on.
Oh yes, this is case whenever bitcoin price dips only panic sellers feel the heat the try to sell them. However other see this dip as the opportunity to get their hands on more coins. Same thing happened when  JP morgan chief warned about bitcoin possession by their employee. Market crashed from 47k dollars to the 34k dollars. Next thing you know bitcoin started to gain its upward movement again. Why ? because many People sensed that this is the right time to buy more coins. Today bitcoin is at 43k dollars.
At this stage, any downward movement is sensed as possible opportunity to buy more. Many people are believing that bitcoin is going to make 5k and 10k club soon. There was a time when chinese bitcoin exchanges had influence on global coin price. Many feared that when those markets will crash bitcoin price all over world will crash. Nothing happened when china banned these exchanges and enforced tight scrutiny.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
October 05, 2017, 05:54:48 AM
of course the price matters. it matters for 90% of the people who bought their coins. if the price is stable more people are willing to convert their savings into bitcoin. which isn't the case right now.
You're right, it is also matters for those who will campaigns that will earn tokens that will convert it to bitcoin, the higher the bitcoin the large earning they will have.
Yes the price of bitcoin really matters. The reason why we are in this kind of field because of the price also the higher the price of bitcoin is the higher your earning.
Activity: 520
September 26, 2017, 08:19:43 AM
With bitcoin prices that are still unstable yet and easily influenced by various things, it seems we should have been able to accept it and reasonable on it, no matter how much the price. From the current price movements, it's looks the price like trying to reach $4000, i think it's no problem and this is more leads to an increase than a few days earlier. Well hopefully bitcoin price can continue to increasing for the next.

Since it already reached $4700 before, everyone is looking for lt to happen again, there were times that I regret not cashing out those time I've seen it before, but i know it can eventually reach that amount again so will just wait for it.
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
September 26, 2017, 08:18:27 AM
With bitcoin prices that are still unstable yet and easily influenced by various things, it seems we should have been able to accept it and reasonable on it, no matter how much the price. From the current price movements, it's looks the price like trying to reach $4000, i think it's no problem and this is more leads to an increase than a few days earlier. Well hopefully bitcoin price can continue to increasing for the next.
We have been there and we will probably gonna be there soon or might surpass it's all time high again, bitcoin has no limit as long as people are patronizing it, we see bigger adoption then we should expect bigger increase in value because they are interrelated. Let's hope that there will be big news that will come soon so we can fast track this price to go uptrend again.
Activity: 546
Merit: 101
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 26, 2017, 06:45:21 AM
Activity: 308
September 26, 2017, 06:18:12 AM
of course the price matters. it matters for 90% of the people who bought their coins. if the price is stable more people are willing to convert their savings into bitcoin. which isn't the case right now.
You're right, it is also matters for those who will campaigns that will earn tokens that will convert it to bitcoin, the higher the bitcoin the large earning they will have.

I think if the price of bitcoin rises, they will be paid less in bitcoin.
Today bitcoin prices are not very volatile and look stable $ 3920 - $ 3950 bitcoin prices tend to go up and I'm sure prices later this year will reach $ 5000.
I've notice that too the price of bitcoin is on that range and I hope to see it go beyon $4,000 after few days and then will hit $5,000 by second week of October. Lets all cross our fingers.
Activity: 553
September 26, 2017, 05:54:28 AM

Today bitcoin prices are not very volatile and look stable $ 3920 - $ 3950 bitcoin prices tend to go up and I'm sure prices later this year will reach $ 5000.
Activity: 28
September 26, 2017, 03:50:27 AM

Activity: 212
September 19, 2017, 07:09:58 AM
Activity: 39
September 18, 2017, 11:41:04 AM
Cost always issues, like in every little thing else. Individuals are aboz the income, revenue and calculations. You consider that Bitcoin would be so well-known if the price was the very same and stable all the time? I never think so.
Pages:
Jump to: