Pages:
Author

Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct? - page 25. (Read 14845 times)

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016
April 08, 2018, 05:17:59 PM
Although the use of bitcoin is very dominant, but I sure will never be able to replace cash, this is because cash transactions are very fast and workable without the need of internet so cash will never extinct.
For me using cash and bitcoin in future would be the same, we will be able to pay in both methods almost everywhere, internet will be just a beggining and after that we will be able to purchase something in real life.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
April 08, 2018, 05:14:06 PM
Not all country will follow or maybe it will take more than 20 years to happen on not to use cash. There are so many studies to do, so many things to consider and too many things to think of what will be the effect of this to the country. It will not also be easy to stop the cash because everything is relying to cash.
The government is actively encouraging the use of electronic payments in the country. For instance, the Tax Authority of Sweden,has mandated the use of cash registers for shops accepting payments in cash. Such regulations discourage retailers from taking cash payments to avoid taxation.
Perhaps in some cases I am also against taxation, especially if there are taxes that plunder people. But if it is connected with the tax on entrepreneurship or other business, then this is quite normal. After all, the tax is primarily a filler of the state budget.
Haha, the government really need to have the tax to keep their activity on the world. They can not keep their system if they do not have money from the tax. The nature of tax not only the money to develop the country grow more, it is still a profit for the government.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
April 08, 2018, 03:17:02 PM
No cash will not be extinct in the whole world, because cash is known by every people in this world, and cash is their needs to buy something, Bitcoin is not yet known by all people unlike cash that is part of the history of the world and cash is the key of every people to do and to buy all their wants, so i cannot agree that cash will be extinct.
Activity: 318
Merit: 100
April 08, 2018, 03:08:18 PM
I do not think so. Cash is still needed for human beings. It plays a huge role in normal life. It may take a long time to replace the money in digital currency and this is still impossible
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
April 08, 2018, 02:38:36 PM
Not all country will follow or maybe it will take more than 20 years to happen on not to use cash. There are so many studies to do, so many things to consider and too many things to think of what will be the effect of this to the country. It will not also be easy to stop the cash because everything is relying to cash.
The government is actively encouraging the use of electronic payments in the country. For instance, the Tax Authority of Sweden,has mandated the use of cash registers for shops accepting payments in cash. Such regulations discourage retailers from taking cash payments to avoid taxation.
Perhaps in some cases I am also against taxation, especially if there are taxes that plunder people. But if it is connected with the tax on entrepreneurship or other business, then this is quite normal. After all, the tax is primarily a filler of the state budget.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
April 08, 2018, 01:45:04 PM
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
April 08, 2018, 03:44:31 AM
Cash will still be existing even if cryptocurrencies like bitcoin become popular in use in the coming years. In some highly developed countries where there is a 100%  availability of internet, cash may become extinct sometime in the future. Countries that have a developing status will still use the cash because their internet infrastrucruture is not yet completely developed.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 12
April 07, 2018, 11:48:19 PM
Although the use of bitcoin is very dominant, but I sure will never be able to replace cash, this is because cash transactions are very fast and workable without the need of internet so cash will never extinct.
Activity: 212
Merit: 10
April 07, 2018, 11:44:49 PM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
I think in the future cash will no longer be existent because of this digital currency. It will take a longer time though because so many countries are not yet adapting the use of digital currency.
Activity: 119
April 07, 2018, 07:57:08 PM
Total removal of fiat from the society will do more harm than good.
No matter the level of technological development, not everyone will be able to embrace cashless transactions. And also, most services need to be paid in cash.

We don't really know what new technology may come out in the future though. It's possible that somehow in the near future, everyone will have instant access to a bank account or some form of savings account that they can use instantly with some piece of technology. For now, however, I agree with you that the removal of fiat would not fare well with society.
He's right, theres a possibilities that it will become extinct. but as he said we dont know what new technology will come in the near future, the cash or the paper money is not that easy to erase just for the benefits of digital money users, there's still a lot of people who don't know about digital technology so the extinction they said will take time.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
April 07, 2018, 06:46:33 PM
Absolutely and we should hope so! Why does cash have value anyways? it's made out of paper! it has value because the government issuing it says it does?? It's the 21st century, it's time to move on from exchanging paper for products. As our civilization evolves and moves on, our economies should as well.

we are evolving day by day because new technologies are getting invented every single day but we cant just move on instantly and switch out to them because inventors need to test those new technologies more carefully, they need to test every flaws of it to check whether that invention is perfect enough or it may still have bugs. sooner or later after those I'mmprovements have done on cryptos , for sure we will eventually migrate to them and fiats money will be fully left behind.
Activity: 7
April 07, 2018, 06:26:19 PM
It is a difficult scenario for the cash, but I do not think it will come to an end suddenly, just that little by little it will gradually diminish its popularity in companies
Activity: 241
Merit: 11
April 01, 2018, 07:46:28 AM
Currency wouldn't be gone. It would only take other forms in the appearance of bitcoin. We badly need new types of more convenient types of currencies as the banknotes and the coins that we once used and get accustomed to is getting very outdated. This is where bitcoin would be most efficient, by turning the usual currencies into cryptocurrencies we can rest assured that it would be a more convenient one than the latter.
Activity: 182
April 01, 2018, 07:40:42 AM
I personally think that cash is still the most successful currency of government and banks of many nations. It creates a balance for the economy and contributes to the development of society. Banking and digital currency may be creating influence and importance for society. However, it takes time to consider the specific circumstances for the removal of cash.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
April 01, 2018, 07:23:28 AM
I don't think so because paper money may be the only medium of exchange in under developed countries. Moreover, it is very easy and simple using paper money and so eliminting it completely wouldn't be a good option
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
Now You Can Be The Bookmaker!
April 01, 2018, 06:42:52 AM
No I don't think so. Cash will still be available around. Internet connectivity is a problem and you can't just replace it with digital coins. Take a note? What do you need to do this? For now we have cellphones and other gadgets to do this, yet look at the stores notebooks are still around for you to use when note taking, drawing and or sketching, writing solutions to mathematical problems. In short the old ways still remains no matter what. In the same way cash will still be.
Activity: 196
April 01, 2018, 06:14:22 AM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

it seems like cash (paper money) will go extinct like gold coins in an era before the existence of paper money. the possibility of cash will be extinct gradually starting from developed countries because digital money is more practical in use and the changing times are very fast. for developing countries will follow if all developed countries have been used overall so we must prepare from now on. this is my prediction
Activity: 265
Merit: 100
April 01, 2018, 05:52:43 AM

Technically yes for me because the bitcoins and all the other currency are now being used in spme transactions and even to buy some things in some stores. But the thing is the cash will not be extinct tomorrow or the end of the year, i just think that the money will slowly be extinct as time gpes by the only thing that keeping thr money alive is those people who cannot or fo not know anything about the digital ones and those people who cannot affort to have that kind of money because cryptos are not that affordable for everyone
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
April 01, 2018, 05:51:25 AM
For me its really hard to implement that.Not all individual has the opportunity to buy gadgets and they dont have an internet connection.How can they survive if that will gonna happened.They are used to buy things through paper money and it will be so hard for them to adapt into it when they even having a hard time to earn those money,how much more if they can only buy there needs using internet because of digital currency.Its so inconsiderate on their part if thats gonna happened.Well it will only be fine if they will provide gadgets and free internet to those people.
Activity: 294
Merit: 6
April 01, 2018, 04:41:36 AM
Nothing for now is certain as cash is still very useful, even more useful than bitcoin for now if we are being honest. There is a possibility for bitcoin to make cash go extinct but that time is not now.
Pages:
Jump to: