Pages:
Author

Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct? - page 32. (Read 14845 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 12
January 12, 2018, 08:05:09 AM
Eliminating paper fiat will have a measurably negative effect on economies. Paper money represents a more efficient form of transaction than electronic payment. For the poor who can't afford a cell phone or internet connection, paper money is their only hope of buying/selling. Getting rid of paper fiat makes transactions more difficult and also centralizes the currency aspect of economies which leads to monopolism. Centralizing power and influence in this way is strongly correlated with exploitation, predatory business practices and inequality.

Banning paper money will have a measurable negative effect on economic growth, unemployment, inflation, standard of living & other statistics. It will represent lost opportunity, a higher bar to entry for markets, greater difficulty in small businesses surviving and creating jobs. There's no upside or advantage in getting rid of paper money. And there are definitely many disadvantages.
That is absolutely right, paper money means a lot to people. We are used of using it in our daily lives and in every transaction we are doing. Although cashless transaction is good but banning paper money will cause negative effects especially to those small businesses and for us simple people. Some countries are implementing it and most of their establishment are accepting cards but that probably will take a long run to get rid of paper money. And before it will happen there are still many factors to consider with.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
W12 – Blockchain protocol
January 12, 2018, 07:02:17 AM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
For a third world country I think it takes many years to adapt that system. If Sweden can make it, no doubt other countries will follow.
Activity: 273
Merit: 11
January 12, 2018, 06:46:37 AM
Probably in a far future we'll live in a cashless society.
But at present there is still a long way, as there are billions of people without bank account or cell phone.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
January 12, 2018, 01:16:55 AM
The measure to me is to make for less cash in circulation reducing cost of minting and making for ease of transactions all day. The rural areas how lack facilities will continue to use cash.
Use of cash will not be distinct. If someone just assume this to be true I think he must wake up and see the reality. Cash is so important for running an economical system. If this cash is replaced by bitcoins in future, then it is necessary to turn all the systems to bitcoins.

And every lay man must know about what is bitcoins and these coins are easily available for them, everywhere.
Activity: 182
January 12, 2018, 01:04:57 AM
I think that electonic money is the future money, so yes, in the notso far future cash could be extint in almost all the countries. I'm not sure that Sweden can do it, as early as 2023, but there is a small possibility. We shall see.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
January 12, 2018, 01:00:39 AM
cash until whenever will not be extinct because cash is a legitimate payment instrument in a country, therefore from this moment digital currency can not make cash extinct. cash can also be used in all people.
Activity: 90
January 12, 2018, 12:21:04 AM
I think it could be if approved by the other countries, and it has rules to use it.
Activity: 186
January 11, 2018, 09:25:00 PM
I predict a big war in this sense: governments will try to take control of any transactions, with one of usual pretexts (terrorism, money laundring, so on)
But I don't think that they will control the blockchain, so - for smart people - there will be a way to freedom.
Activity: 504
Merit: 252
January 11, 2018, 07:35:59 PM
I think cash will never be extinct with the presence of bitcoin, the proof is the number of users is still a little and not all transactions must wait for confirmation up to 1 hour, I'm sure cash will last forever.
Activity: 154
January 11, 2018, 07:19:30 PM
The swedish project is the first try of a totalitarian way to control any aspect of the citizen live.
I expect that it will start some movement of protest using just bitcoin and barter. We'll see.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
January 10, 2018, 07:06:22 PM
The Sweden model is a stalinist one: it means complete control about citizens' activities.
I think that the only way to defend ourselves from this kind of dictatorship is to go back to barter...
Activity: 966
Merit: 507
January 10, 2018, 05:12:03 PM
with the rapidly growing bitcoin and altcoin in the community, did not rule out the extinction of cash money .. but all according to me depends on how the country see the workings of bitcoin ,,
I think that the Crypto currency is a currency for a certain Circle of people and for a certain sphere of human activity. I would not substitute real money for crypto currency, because this will create a certain amount of difficulties. For example, simple or Poor people will not be able to use crypto currency, because there is no knowledge or no possibilities.

This is very true. Paper is still used by the majority of people for many tasks that a computer could make it better, so why would crypto make cash extinct?
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
January 10, 2018, 04:26:00 PM
with the rapidly growing bitcoin and altcoin in the community, did not rule out the extinction of cash money .. but all according to me depends on how the country see the workings of bitcoin ,,
I think that the Crypto currency is a currency for a certain Circle of people and for a certain sphere of human activity. I would not substitute real money for crypto currency, because this will create a certain amount of difficulties. For example, simple or Poor people will not be able to use crypto currency, because there is no knowledge or no possibilities.
Activity: 866
January 10, 2018, 03:02:56 PM
Activity: 21
January 10, 2018, 01:48:35 PM
It is hard to eliminate cash as well as being it to be extinct because it is how money started for. It is the root of all transactions
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
January 10, 2018, 12:38:47 PM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
 Even if this happens it's okay. We are frightened by everything new and unfamiliar, and that is why people are afraid that paper money will soon disappear. It's clear that when that time comes, it does not mean that it will come tomorrow. It will be many more years before all the cash disappears.
Activity: 331
Merit: 100
January 10, 2018, 12:38:34 PM
Whatever happens if all of it will have a good impact then I think it will run smoothly. To replace the function of cash should be with the extra socialization because it is not easy.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 10, 2018, 12:33:00 PM

Scandinavian countries are thinking about stop using cash for years, they
think that stop using cash can stop crime and corruption. I do not believe
in that scenario, traditional currencies should be replaced with something better
that can solve some problems.
    Scandinavians have great social system, and that is their advantage. With
crypto-currencies they can have even better system, anyone will be able to see
where the money is going better then with traditional currencies.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
January 10, 2018, 12:22:58 PM
I guess cash would not be extinct or be traded into something else because cash is where we started and we still need something that is tangible and needs to be kept in places so you know that you have wealth and not just letters or numbers written on a screen of a laptop.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
January 10, 2018, 12:18:51 PM
it will not happen that way, until whenever the cash will not go extinct. Because cash is very important role for kelansungan for transaction process in society in this world. and cash is the only easiest way to make the transaction process, uncomplicated, time-consuming, highly efficient, and more secure than non-cash, credit or transfer transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: