Pages:
Author

Topic: Does this mean Cash will be extinct? - page 37. (Read 14845 times)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0
December 24, 2017, 02:40:41 AM
There are billions of people on this planet who don't even have access to fiat banking, do you think they are going to wait for it to come to them? or pick up the readily available cryptos, at the cost of a cheap smart phone, which, lets be honest, most already have because the value it provides far outweighs the cost. 
There is very little reason to be holding onto bitcoin or any crypto in a first world country, outside of you see it being adopted long term.
The poor have a choice between their own currency which is mostly going down, or bitcoin, which at least goes up sometimes, and the more and more people from these kinds of countries realise their money is safer outside of their system.. then things will take off and development will have to catch up to hype (as it already does)
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
December 24, 2017, 02:28:56 AM
In China, in addition to data currency, there have Alipay and WeChat payments, Huawei pay and mipay payments, and internationally, there have Apple pay and Samsung pay.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 368
December 23, 2017, 06:08:09 PM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

If all other countries followed suit. Inevitably, mean Cash will be crushed.
And at that moment, Maybe bitcoin/cryptocurrency is the only currency they (community) know. But unfortunately, bitcoin / cryptocurrency can not do it, because the supply of bitcoin / cryptocurrency is very limited.

It's just only a single country telling this so the probability is less possible and every country has their different view of any cryptocurrency. Don't just believe everything you see on the internet. A cashless country is not yet workable in our state of technology today even in 2023. Yet technology is quite faster evolving in this millennium but i guess the future technology will soon available after a couple of decades.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
December 23, 2017, 05:10:59 PM
Sweden is contemplating to stop using cash by 2023, does this mean cash might be extinct if other countries follow suit?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/10/sweden-could-stop-using-cash-by-2023?utm_content=buffer40bef&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

If all other countries followed suit. Inevitably, mean Cash will be crushed.
And at that moment, Maybe bitcoin/cryptocurrency is the only currency they (community) know. But unfortunately, bitcoin / cryptocurrency can not do it, because the supply of bitcoin / cryptocurrency is very limited.
Activity: 248
Merit: 100
December 23, 2017, 02:40:53 PM
Total removal of fiat from the society will do more harm than good.
No matter the level of technological development, not everyone will be able to embrace cashless transactions. And also, most services need to be paid in cash.

True that, not all the strata of the society have adequate knowledge on cryptocurrencies and their use, it would be really difficult for bitcoins and cryptocurrencies to completely wipe out the fiat currency from the economy
Activity: 546
Merit: 257
December 23, 2017, 11:42:42 AM

It is not possible because most of the people in our society to use bitcoin and replace the cash. I am one of the people who are believing that cash will never be extinct.

Why are we using the word "extinct"? It is the word we use in living things that is not now available to be seen like the dinosaur and mammoths. The word here is not extinct but replace, still bitcoin may be used by most of the people in the world, still bitcoin will never replace fiat or cash, for not all people will quickly use this kind of currency that is not that trustworthy.
Activity: 434
Merit: 117
December 23, 2017, 11:39:32 AM

It is not possible because most of the people in our society to use bitcoin and replace the cash. I am one of the people who are believing that cash will never be extinct.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
December 23, 2017, 11:37:20 AM

I don't think they will totally wash cash away because not all people on sweden are capable to use virtual money so there will still people who will use cash in the market. And because of bitcoin's volatility it will hard for them to cope up.

I would say that too many people will continue to use cash, so they will not disappear
Activity: 1358
Merit: 834
December 21, 2017, 09:21:26 PM
Paper currency and coins are still the most common form of payment. for now cash can never be replaced with other mode of payment, just for now.
So for now, or never? Roll Eyes
Never, bitcoin volatility is one of the factor it cannot replace fiat. It will be hard for the price of items or stocks to be stable due to high volatility rate of bitcoin. Fiat also increase and decrease of value every day but for just a little.
The volatility is a moot argument, considering the fact that Bitcoin would keep rising if it established itself as the new store of value. If people could easily spend gold nobody would use fiat anymore. And Bitcoin with LN will make just that possible.
Activity: 248
WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM
December 21, 2017, 08:49:30 PM

I don't think they will totally wash cash away because not all people on sweden are capable to use virtual money so there will still people who will use cash in the market. And because of bitcoin's volatility it will hard for them to cope up.
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
December 21, 2017, 08:30:58 PM
in my opinion to make it happen I think it will not be easy need a long process because not everyone understands the existence of the form of virtual currency. this needs a realization long enough.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 158
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 21, 2017, 08:04:42 PM
Paper currency and coins are still the most common form of payment. for now cash can never be replaced with other mode of payment, just for now.
Never, bitcoin volatility is one of the factor it cannot replace fiat. It will be hard for the price of items or stocks to be stable due to high volatility rate of bitcoin. Fiat also increase and decrease of value every day but for just a little.
December 21, 2017, 07:49:22 PM
Activity: 315
Investing in the future development of blockchain
December 21, 2017, 07:46:27 PM

Not actually to be extinct in a manner. Maybe will be lessen in the consumption in terms of cash but not literally to be extinct because no matter what happen, still there are large population of people who still wanted to use cash even more than the existing cryptocurrencies. Maybe what will be done is that cash will be just used for banking operations and for some countries who still prefer cash but not totally to be extinct in a worldwide manner.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
December 21, 2017, 07:45:59 PM
Activity: 54
Merit: 10
December 21, 2017, 07:38:11 PM

Cash can't be taken off the world, unless cash has something to be replaced as gold is replaced for cash now.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
December 21, 2017, 07:36:44 PM

No, that only means that governments are taking the first steps to start a civil war against people. People who work hard to earn their money will not accept this type of transition.

Even if governments manage to enforce that kind of thing, citzens would use every technology at their disposal to protect their wealth, like cryptocurrencies.
December 21, 2017, 05:22:48 PM
To me, cash will be removed from the earth by 2035 because the era is the technology era and we don't need paper banknotes anymore. This will take too much time to get in the new era, but I'm sure we'll do this within 15 years or so.

IMO, you are quite a bit over-optimistic. What about countries such as Congo and Angola, where the vast majority of the population doesn't know how to use a smartphone? Forget such countries. Even in developed nations such as the United States and Japan, you will find a lot of people who don't know how to perform digital transactions.
This is correct, I like bitcoin and I think we are going to reach wide levels of adoption in the next 10 to 20 years, but not everyone is going to use bitcoin, when it comes to their money most people prefer to play it safe, that is  why you can see people complaining about not affording bitcoin, but if they were given the chance to buy bitcoin at the same price most people are going to pass on the opportunity.
It is really scary when I holding Bitcoin to keep safe my money while the price of Bitcoin ups and downs strongly as past week. Although the price of Bitcoin was stable higher than $15,000 in past days, but I still see many reason to make me exchange to FIAT or USDT.
Just make sure to increase your Bitcoin holdings. The price of Bitcoin will go up, meanwhile USD will be worth less and less due to the ridiculous amount of money that the Fed is emitting.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
December 21, 2017, 05:04:14 PM

Hi there babsalt1975! A great article there, after reading it I discover another advantage of bitcoin or cryptocurrency as a whole. The shop thieves will got nothing by robbing a store that use bitcoin because there is no physical money present, there could be even no cash drawer. Lol. Since Sweden is said to be small country and if their government support the cryptocurrency I think that would be possible. Another benefit to the government is that they don’t need to print physical money that could save them millions. But the problem could be the people that still prefer to use physical money will be not in favor of this.   Wink

Yes and also save the environment by doing that. No more trees that will be cut down just crypto currencies all over the country which is circulating. For a small country this could really work.
Then, perhaps other small countries will be taking the next step if they see it working.
I say why not, paper money are loved just because of tradition only. We cannot just let go of it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 253
l0tt0.com
December 21, 2017, 04:45:27 PM
To me, cash will be removed from the earth by 2035 because the era is the technology era and we don't need paper banknotes anymore. This will take too much time to get in the new era, but I'm sure we'll do this within 15 years or so.

IMO, you are quite a bit over-optimistic. What about countries such as Congo and Angola, where the vast majority of the population doesn't know how to use a smartphone? Forget such countries. Even in developed nations such as the United States and Japan, you will find a lot of people who don't know how to perform digital transactions.
This is correct, I like bitcoin and I think we are going to reach wide levels of adoption in the next 10 to 20 years, but not everyone is going to use bitcoin, when it comes to their money most people prefer to play it safe, that is  why you can see people complaining about not affording bitcoin, but if they were given the chance to buy bitcoin at the same price most people are going to pass on the opportunity.
It is really scary when I holding Bitcoin to keep safe my money while the price of Bitcoin ups and downs strongly as past week. Although the price of Bitcoin was stable higher than $15,000 in past days, but I still see many reason to make me exchange to FIAT or USDT.
Pages:
Jump to: