Pages:
Author

Topic: Does your country knows about cock fighting betting? - page 2. (Read 1332 times)

Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
In the Philippines I know right now cock fighting is legal and many men who are addicting to this traditional gambling.
Your bet become double if your bet win the fight . Many cock fighting places here in the Philippines and as far as I know every city they have.  I did not try cock fighting because I don't want to become addict but some of my relatives are playing that.
Activity: 2506
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Yes, In philippines I think it's not illegal to fight a cock,  here in my place I have seen a cock fight maybe a year ago but I never tried to bet on cock fight gambling but I have many friends that put a bet on cock fight they are so happy when they won on betting a cock fight.

It meant, it is popular betting in your city, then you much play it and try your luck. But i see only in few countries, cock fight is on betting. Otherwise majority of people don't know about cock fighting. Can you believe it that i never see cock fight in my whole life.
Activity: 1512
Merit: 316
Cock fighting is popular in our country very well. There is a place dedicated just to cock fighting. It is considered to us that it is a form of gambling. Some owners breed well their chicken that they spend greather money than to themselves. People goes into those cock fighting places and bet who they think will win. Some bet really large amounts that its equivalent to a price of motorcycle.

Few countries are still on it and I think in coming time might be this would also get ban just like bull fight is getting banned in some due to animal cruelty laws coming in place. Thus may be in next say 5 years or so we may not be able to see such fights I feel so.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
Cock fighting is popular in our country very well. There is a place dedicated just to cock fighting. It is considered to us that it is a form of gambling. Some owners breed well their chicken that they spend greather money than to themselves. People goes into those cock fighting places and bet who they think will win. Some bet really large amounts that its equivalent to a price of motorcycle.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
I have read a lot of threads the past few days but infortunately I was trying to look upon discussions that talk about cock fighting. Why? because this event is one of the old gambling activities way back and up to present. I do not know if it is known by other country but for sure in Mexico, Spain and Philippines cock fighting is widely spread. Sometimes it is legal but sometimes men operated it illegal.

Does you country know about this cock fight betting?

Another popular game here in our country, in fact, we have a lot of arenas here in our town build for cockfighting and some high profile personality in politics patronizing this kind of gambling, every Saturday and Sunday arena are jampacked with cock owners to bet in cockfighting, it used to be our country's national past time.
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
Yes, In philippines I think it's not illegal to fight a cock,  here in my place I have seen a cock fight maybe a year ago but I never tried to bet on cock fight gambling but I have many friends that put a bet on cock fight they are so happy when they won on betting a cock fight.
Activity: 546
Merit: 32

I'm sure that cockfighting takes place in more countries than we are aware of, but most of the time it is hidden from the general public's view.

To be specific that's not happening in my own country as i have never heard anybody mentioned it to me. One would say that, this type or kind of fight could be such that will be restricted to some age or that which is done secret and not public. In my country, if such thing is fond, there will be a penalty for the organizer of such competition as our culture is against such practice..   

it could be because your folks use different pets say dogs or horses. i'm from Philippines and we all have these type of entertainments, it could be brutal to you but these are fun to watch just as the matadors in Spain. WE do have cock fighting in the arena, same goes with spiders and fighting bulls in the northern provinces.
In some countries there are illegal pitbull fights which were also adopted here.
Probably they didn't see any fighting cocks,which are so brave and even I am afraid of going near but the people who train it live with them and care them as a kid.Some people will cheat the games by giving medicines before the game but once it's been caught they will never allow that person for playing.
Activity: 593
Merit: 100
BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange
My country is in Southeast Asia, and my country exists cockfight betting and lives cockfight betting. But the cockfight bet is an activity banned because my state completely prohibits all forms of gambling. If you want to join the cockfight bet, you need to find out which areas are illegal. I still often join cockfight bets, and most of them often lose in bets.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054

I'm sure that cockfighting takes place in more countries than we are aware of, but most of the time it is hidden from the general public's view.

To be specific that's not happening in my own country as i have never heard anybody mentioned it to me. One would say that, this type or kind of fight could be such that will be restricted to some age or that which is done secret and not public. In my country, if such thing is fond, there will be a penalty for the organizer of such competition as our culture is against such practice..   

it could be because your folks use different pets say dogs or horses. i'm from Philippines and we all have these type of entertainments, it could be brutal to you but these are fun to watch just as the matadors in Spain. WE do have cock fighting in the arena, same goes with spiders and fighting bulls in the northern provinces.
In some countries there are illegal pitbull fights which were also adopted here.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 148

Activity: 616
Merit: 30
What you are saying are those cockfighting that guerrilla style,those who’s not in legal arena that’s why they are hiding the game

But for those professional cockfighting that has a big amount of bets,they are conducting derbies in which many popular people attending (mostly politicians lol 😂)
Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
We have it in our country but their a specific place to do it which is legal and they even have schedules like  every Sunday in our place. It is an all time favorite past time by most people especially older ones or like retirees.
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036
Here's one scheduled this May 27 to June 2 and it will be hosted at Smart Araneta Coliseum.

So this event will last for 6 days (June 1 not included). Ticket price costs at around $20 USD to $30 USD. Take note that it's 1 ticket per day so if you plan to attend the entire 7 days derby then it will cost you $140 USD to $210 USD.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008
It is legal from where I am from and it is definitely one of the favorite "hobby" of the older guys here.

snip
I'm not even sure what are the modern human ethics that you are talking about.
The thing here is we cannot impose our own belief on other people. 

Legality is one thing and ethics is another. It may be legal in your place (although I doubt that). But is it morally correct to harm living beings just for entertainment? I have watched the videos of cock fighting in YouTube, and they are nothing short of barbaric. I don't know what sort of message is being sent out by conducting such tournaments. Ideally, sports is meant for relaxation and peace. Here, all the violence, blood and gore is being used as a tool to attract more viewers and generate revenue.
Activity: 994
Merit: 256

I don't think this kind of animal cruelty happens many places in Northern Europe where I live, The only time I have seen cockfighting was between two cocks who were living on two different farms near each other, they were fighting each other without any humans wanted them to do so. None of the cooks took any visible injuries, and they were fighting each other for more than 10 or 15 minutes, according to one of the owners they were fighting each other each week.

Cocks or Roosters will fight each other regardless if they are on the same farm or not. Thats why humans have found a better use of these roosters than just breeding hens or cooking it for dinner. And I dont think cockfighting is a form of animal cruelty.
There is so much benefit to feed those fighting cocks because if will not take so much investment but the result of a single fight is worth winning so it like to play if I ever got an opportunity now a day I am keeping my own fighting chicken so it will grow and will fight for me to win the bet it makes huge profit.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 552

I don't think this kind of animal cruelty happens many places in Northern Europe where I live, The only time I have seen cockfighting was between two cocks who were living on two different farms near each other, they were fighting each other without any humans wanted them to do so. None of the cooks took any visible injuries, and they were fighting each other for more than 10 or 15 minutes, according to one of the owners they were fighting each other each week.

Cocks or Roosters will fight each other regardless if they are on the same farm or not. Thats why humans have found a better use of these roosters than just breeding hens or cooking it for dinner. And I dont think cockfighting is a form of animal cruelty.
Activity: 532
Merit: 185

Activity: 2254
Merit: 258
I have read a lot of threads the past few days but infortunately I was trying to look upon discussions that talk about cock fighting. Why? because this event is one of the old gambling activities way back and up to present. I do not know if it is known by other country but for sure in Mexico, Spain and Philippines cock fighting is widely spread. Sometimes it is legal but sometimes men operated it illegal.

Does you country know about this cock fight betting?

Very popular here in our country, it's legal if it held in a place, in compliant to the as specified by our country, but illegal if it is held in a backyard and people making bets on it because it creates to much noise in the neighborhood, it's very old gambling form in our country there was a time that it's our national past time.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1019
In my country cock fighting is already a legal, until now. So there are more cock fighting arena in everywhere if you want to bet. Especially during some special occasions like a fiesta town, and there are many people visited to bet because there is a big prize. Even in the street place you will find some people are playing cock fighting.
Am surprised didn’t know the game can be legal in a country. Would like to know about your country and how long the game has been in existence. I’ve always taught that it would be impossible for a country to make cockfight legal, am sure that’s because I barely know little about the game and I am from a country where it is not been practiced.

Cock fighting to me should never be a legal game because it’s just like violating the right of the animals. I am just of that opinion because I cannot imagine how animals are been used to gamble. Is that the extent to which gamblers are in need of money or you people still do that for fun?
Violating the right of animal lol.. That made me laugh mate. I understand you have no idea about the game at all. Probably because of your country but it has nothing to do with animal right violation that is if animals even have a right.

Cockfights is a very interesting gambling and its practiced more in the Asian country. Plated more by the average citizen but it’s been viewed by a lot of of people, even the wealthy.  Those days I was much younger, I would go and watch my father play. He rares cocks in preparation for this gamble. One of the days I saw how my father won money just by using hand signal, he was really happy and we had fun.
Activity: 574
Merit: 251

Thats the sad part, kind of hard to stop and thats a shame, animal cruelty at its finest.
cant people bet and watch this for some kind of entertainment its just sickening.
Pages:
Jump to: