Pages:
Author

Topic: Dollar coming to an end - page 15. (Read 34949 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
December 03, 2014, 12:54:26 PM
BTC is not money yet. But might be in the future.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
December 02, 2014, 07:17:38 PM
I don't see the dollar coming to an end, many people in this world invest money in dollar..

They may be wrong...
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
Atdhe Nuhiu
December 02, 2014, 04:25:02 PM
Not only invest, they actually use it. Even most BTC transactions (except the shady ones) are defcato fiat money transactions done through bitcoins. Everybody is still counting in fiat money even when doing pure BTC transactions. BTC is not money yet.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
December 02, 2014, 04:08:21 PM
I don't see the dollar coming to an end, many people in this world invest money in dollar..
December 01, 2014, 09:07:15 PM
Yea I think the dollar and other fiat currencies have still got a long life ahead, though I think something like the dollar could collapse or lose a lot of its value eventually.

Exactly...
Bitcon should be the compliment of Fiat rather than a competitor
Cash - offline, Bitcoin - online
When people realise this, bitcoin will soon become used just like cash is today.

All this " we are bitcoiners and we will defeat the mighty fiat monster" is kinda delusiona IMO, we should just provide an alternative, thats all.

Bitcoin has the potential to become big, very big, huge or even the main mean of exchange.

If it becomes big it will be valued 5000$/coin, very big 20,000$, huge 60,000$, main mean of exchange 200,000$ Tongue
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
December 01, 2014, 08:01:31 PM
Yea I think the dollar and other fiat currencies have still got a long life ahead, though I think something like the dollar could collapse or lose a lot of its value eventually.

Exactly...
When people realise this, bitcoin will soon become used just like cash is today.

All this " we are bitcoiners and we will defeat the mighty fiat monster" is kinda delusiona IMO, we should just provide an alternative, thats all.
December 01, 2014, 06:25:01 PM

Increasing the money supply is a sure way to get more troubles and run away inflation.

The reality is more complicated: Central banks print 10x more money and buy out all the troubled assets in the country while still introduce very low or none inflation, since the sellers of those assets (commercial banks) simply put back their income money into FED's reserve account and don't touch those money, to ensure there will be no extra liquidity on market, thus no inflation

By doing this, they created a housing bubble and crashed it, drove people to default, took their house, and sold back to themselves using printed money. After several repeat, they own majority of the country's assets, dollar is not important any more for them, even the USD crashed, they have already get all those assets

The idea was to avoid market crashes but they are just setting themselves up for a bigger blow-up.
Atdhe Nuhiu
December 01, 2014, 03:01:05 AM

Exactly...

BTC can serve more like a reserve curency. Analogy to Latin American model, where they use USD as the reserve currency, because of it's stability and value. My girl is just heading to Paraguay, where USD is used this way, I will propose her to tell them a good joke about dead US dollar...
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
December 01, 2014, 02:52:19 AM

Exactly...
Atdhe Nuhiu
December 01, 2014, 02:45:18 AM
If it's used it's alive period.
It is really hard to discuss anything, if probably majority of people refuse simple facts like that one.

I believe dollar might die one day and very suddenly or it can be pegged to BTC or something like that. But one has to have balls (instead of brain) to tell nowadays that USD is dead or dying.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
December 01, 2014, 02:05:47 AM

Increasing the money supply is a sure way to get more troubles and run away inflation.

The reality is more complicated: Central banks print 10x more money and buy out all the troubled assets in the country while still introduce very low or none inflation, since the sellers of those assets (commercial banks) simply put back their income money into FED's reserve account and don't touch those money, to ensure there will be no extra liquidity on market, thus no inflation

By doing this, they created a housing bubble and crashed it, drove people to default, took their house, and sold back to themselves using printed money. After several repeat, they own majority of the country's assets, dollar is not important any more for them, even the USD crashed, they have already get all those assets

legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
November 30, 2014, 07:03:42 PM
USD is getting stronger, gas prices going down in USA - meaning foreign currencies are declining in value - is this good for BTC?

getting stronger where?

it's dying since ages

It's not dying. You can say "it's dying it's dying", but people will keep accepting dollars and that's all that matters. If it's used it's alive period.
November 30, 2014, 04:31:49 PM
The FED, ECB and BOJ say clearly that they want to massively increase the money supply so they will probably do that until it's a total mess. It is easy to understand USD is one of the worst big currency to hold then EURO and Yen

When the economy slows down, central banks try to mint their way out of trouble. The problem is, other countries try to follow suit. In the end, exports/growth don't pick up in any country and all countries experience inflation.

All fiat currencies inherently suffer from this problem. Advantage Bitcoin!

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
November 30, 2014, 01:42:53 AM
The FED, ECB and BOJ say clearly that they want to massively increase the money supply so they will probably do that until it's a total mess. It is easy to understand USD is one of the worst big currency to hold then EURO and Yen

When the economy slows down, central banks try to mint their way out of trouble. The problem is, other countries try to follow suit. In the end, exports/growth don't pick up in any country and all countries experience inflation.

All fiat currencies inherently suffer from this problem. Advantage Bitcoin!
STT
legendary
Activity: 4004
Merit: 1428
Catalog Websites
November 29, 2014, 10:44:55 PM
It is already a mess, the main thing is when a majority of people realise this.  China is one of the largest holders of dollar debt but their people are not free to explore value of the dollar and their currency or national worth as party officials have a policy of supporting USA trade by a fixed exchange rate.
If I was some random Chinese person living on 2nd world goods I might spend a bit and upgrade my circumstances, if the whole nation did that it would mean many dollars stored as US treasury debt are spent globally.   That value would also go back to China instead of residing in the budgets of Washington accounts, it would alter many things.

Japan also has a strange situation where the country has debt a few times larger then the whole country makes total in a year.   Its certainly already a mess, but the velocity of this money is low and captured so we have a stagnant situation.   A healthy economy would be liquidate this value to better use but politics currently prevents it.   The people are placated by welfare spending and opacity of this lost value
November 29, 2014, 05:15:37 PM
USD is getting stronger, gas prices going down in USA - meaning foreign currencies are declining in value - is this good for BTC?

getting stronger where?

it's dying since ages

I think people put too much faith in the dollar and other fiats. They'll all be looking confused when the economy and currency collapses at some point in the future like they thought their 'strong' currency never would.

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Surfbort.
November 29, 2014, 11:40:47 AM

getting stronger where?

it's dying since ages

I think people put too much faith in the dollar and other fiats. They'll all be looking confused when the economy and currency collapses at some point in the future like they thought their 'strong' currency never would.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
November 29, 2014, 10:37:00 AM

getting stronger where?

it's dying since ages
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
November 29, 2014, 10:25:41 AM

Getting stronger according to who? Gas prices going down doesn't equals the dollar strengthening, and there are many currencies doing much better than the dollar. Which currencies are you talking about?
Activity: 322
Merit: 252
Here I Am !!
November 29, 2014, 06:45:16 AM
Pages:
Jump to: