Pages:
Author

Topic: Dollar coming to an end - page 4. (Read 34949 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
June 21, 2015, 02:56:35 AM
Interesting article with a very surprising end (related to Bitcoin see last 2 paragraphs)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/liamhalligan/10978178/The-dollars-70-year-dominance-is-coming-to-an-end.html

Dollar may lose its value a little.. because of the other upcoming economies.. but it won't die.. it won't for sur hit rock bottom
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
June 20, 2015, 09:43:15 PM
i wish thats gonna be happen and bitcoin replaced it and the goverment would accepted it officially and iam pretty sure that fiat's gonna converted to the cryptocurency,but iam not confident that goverment could join with bitcoin maybe they just adopted it and make their own cryptocurency , who knows?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
June 20, 2015, 02:51:39 AM
It's good to see usd melting against btc everyday.
I invest my usd in btc i know it will rise.

This is why most of us is here, hoping btc will replace dollar.
If the growth continues exponentially like in the last years, our dreams will come true.

I don't know about the currency replacement happening so fast but I am sure dollar wouldn't collapse for ATLEAST 30 years. A lot happens in 30 years and I would really be happy if it goes down as my btc will go up but I would rather stick on my realistic guns.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
June 20, 2015, 02:20:51 AM
Its not profits of doom, its common sense. The USA has been living rich off the USD. It will be time to pay that back.

they will pay it back with another high debt, there no way this whole scam system will collapse, it's a pefect system made by them, and it is working since many decade, also this system has overcome many crises

so again there is no reason for it to stop here, unless some major thing appear, like everyone will switch to crypto, almost impossible
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
June 20, 2015, 01:57:39 AM
Its not profits of doom, its common sense. The USA has been living rich off the USD. It will be time to pay that back.
Activity: 686
June 19, 2015, 01:47:59 PM
Interesting article with a very surprising end (related to Bitcoin see last 2 paragraphs)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/comment/liamhalligan/10978178/The-dollars-70-year-dominance-is-coming-to-an-end.html

That's just pure speculation. If you were to estimate what happens to dollar in 70+ years, your estimate will be based on the assumption that things remain similar to the way they are right now, and you consider certain factors that are potentially gonna change over time.

But what about the zillion other factors that you have assumed to be the same? It's a pretty unfair speculation is all I'm trying to say.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1005
★Nitrogensports.eu★
June 19, 2015, 01:22:24 PM
Yea I think the dollar and other fiat currencies have still got a long life ahead, though I think something like the dollar could collapse or lose a lot of its value eventually.

The Dollar has lost ~ 98% of it's value in a little over 100 years. If you consider the size of the USA debt, then "we" are in really serious trouble.
The bigger the bubble, the longer it takes to collapse.  The pound dominated the world for about 100 years, then dollar came. And since then dollar has had a hundred years of global dominance status.

Financial liquidity is always presented as "stable", until it crashes.  When confidence changes, things move very fast.  If anyone knew for sure which way things will go, that person could make a lot of money.

Even the final stage of a bubble this big could outlast a lifetime.  Or it could collapse tomorrow due to a seemingly small event.
Activity: 700
Merit: 501
June 19, 2015, 01:19:38 PM
Yea I think the dollar and other fiat currencies have still got a long life ahead, though I think something like the dollar could collapse or lose a lot of its value eventually.

The Dollar has lost ~ 98% of it's value in a little over 100 years. If you consider the size of the USA debt, then "we" are in really serious trouble.

But they can keep printing more and more money indefinitely to combat that hyperinflation so people hasn't perceived a change in purchasing power, the real question here would have been: how long can keep they doing this while keeping in order? can they go on forever? they give me the sometimes impression that yes they can.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
June 19, 2015, 10:02:54 AM
The same system is not in place today . . . It ended with the closure of the gold window!
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
March 07, 2015, 06:14:18 PM

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
March 07, 2015, 06:09:14 PM
i think is not, dollar now strong fiat not like other fiat. dollar good for investment
Activity: 1022
March 07, 2015, 04:26:24 PM
And with Bitcoin's features, why shouldn't it be the global currency?

Because there is a limited amount of coins.  If it was a world currency it wouldn't work because essentially that means like 3 billion of the people on earth would not have any coins, and have no way of earning them essentially.

Why would they have no way of earning coins?

They could earn it working for companies own by people who already have clam or selling their assets for clam.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
March 07, 2015, 02:53:21 PM

Because there is a limited amount of coins.  If it was a world currency it wouldn't work because essentially that means like 3 billion of the people on earth would not have any coins, and have no way of earning them essentially.

Why would they have no way of earning coins?
March 07, 2015, 02:46:25 PM
Seems Euro is falling to the dollar value as well. If dollar overtakes Euro, I don't see dollar going down after that.,

The strong Dollar is helping the Dollar stay high but it will surely fall sharply at some point, in 6 months ? In a year ? It could start Today !
Not today, next month or in a year. But during the next decade. Luckily Bitcoin will keep growing as USD fails.

Bitcoin will grow as the US financial sector shows its weakness and the Dollar loses most its value in a decade or two.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
March 07, 2015, 12:17:25 PM
Seems Euro is falling to the dollar value as well. If dollar overtakes Euro, I don't see dollar going down after that.,

The strong Dollar is helping the Dollar stay high but it will surely fall sharply at some point, in 6 months ? In a year ? It could start Today !
Not today, next month or in a year. But during the next decade. Luckily Bitcoin will keep growing as USD fails.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
March 07, 2015, 11:55:26 AM
I'm waiting for the world to start using bitcoins.
that would be easier
1 world 1 currency  Grin

It would be easier, but try getting the governments to accept that.
Have you heard of Bancor?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bancor

Oh please no, I vomit from the face of that con artist Keynes. His theory has and will cause all financial problems, and the overdebting of the globe, and you want his currency to prevail, I dont think so.

His keynesian pyramid scheme has done already enough harm, plus we already got bitcoin, so let's just use Bitcoin. We don't need another fractional ponzi currency.

I am all for using Bitcoin.
Any currency which is globally accepted is good.

Because there is a limited amount of coins.  If it was a world currency it wouldn't work because essentially that means like 3 billion of the people on earth would not have any coins, and have no way of earning them essentially.  Its a great thing I just don't see Bitcoins ever overtaking the dollar.
legendary
Activity: 1358
March 07, 2015, 11:30:49 AM
that would be easier
1 world 1 currency  Grin

Oh please no, I vomit from the face of that con artist Keynes. His theory has and will cause all financial problems, and the overdebting of the globe, and you want his currency to prevail, I dont think so.

His keynesian pyramid scheme has done already enough harm, plus we already got bitcoin, so let's just use Bitcoin. We don't need another fractional ponzi currency.

I am all for using Bitcoin.
Any currency which is globally accepted is good.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 252
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
March 07, 2015, 05:14:58 AM
that would be easier
1 world 1 currency  Grin

March 07, 2015, 05:11:57 AM

legendary
Activity: 1358
March 06, 2015, 09:07:50 PM
that would be easier
1 world 1 currency  Grin

Pages:
Jump to: