Pages:
Author

Topic: Dollar coming to an end - page 8. (Read 34949 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
February 08, 2015, 12:42:23 PM
When is the Dollar coming to an end?
Dunno but when it happens im going to open some brand new Chardonnay.

The sharp decline of the Dollar could start in 2015 or 2016.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
February 08, 2015, 12:27:51 PM
Dunno but when it happens im going to open some brand new Chardonnay.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
February 04, 2015, 11:04:27 PM
The dollar will only come to an end when the US stops being a militarized economy. That will never happen until America is destroyed.

America better never get destroyed. It's one of the main forces keeping the degenerates in ISISworld away, unless you are a conspiranoid-tard.

America has a growing sector of private military and intelligence contractors with armies of lobbyists that fight to insure that their market share will never go down.  The stigma of being a war profiteer doesn't matter much anymore.   ISIS and other terrorists groups seem to be using weapons that came from America and other countries America does business with, ISIS doesn't make them themselves.  

Drop bombs from killer robots in the sky on terrorists, the collateral damage inspires a new generations of hate-filled extremists, and further demand for high-tech weapons and intelligence to take more terrorists out.   Also it creates a demand for more weapons that eventually make their way to the terrorist groups.  

It seems to me to be a very profitable racket for defense, intelligence, and weapons industries when America is engaged in perpetual war.   However, when half-million dollar bombs are used to take out 500 dollar pickup trucks,  eventually America will go broke.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
February 04, 2015, 11:04:01 PM
Too much Islamo-Fascism I sense in this thread.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
February 03, 2015, 07:49:37 PM
The dollar will only come to an end when the US stops being a militarized economy. That will never happen until America is destroyed.

America better never get destroyed. It's one of the main forces keeping the degenerates in ISISworld away, unless you are a conspiranoid-tard.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
February 03, 2015, 02:51:35 PM

Or it can go down in a military bubble - like the one obama is blowing as we speak.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
February 03, 2015, 02:35:31 PM
Activity: 521
February 03, 2015, 10:21:14 AM
Dollar is here to stay. The entire world economy depends on it and its the refuge everyone takes in times of crisis.

BTC was supposed to be superior but everybody can not wait to rush into dollars at any sign of trouble.

It has remained the world currency for quite some time now.
Time for a change.

Wishing for a change does not make it so. Its still the strongest hedge out there, and during any crisis the first thing done including by BTC holders is to move into dollars.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
February 02, 2015, 07:49:22 PM
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 02, 2015, 12:17:54 PM
dollar never existed it is just a toilet paper
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
February 02, 2015, 11:50:02 AM
Dollar is here to stay. The entire world economy depends on it and its the refuge everyone takes in times of crisis.

BTC was supposed to be superior but everybody can not wait to rush into dollars at any sign of trouble.

It has remained the world currency for quite some time now.
Time for a change.
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
January 31, 2015, 10:13:05 PM

In our lifetime we may have to deal with the fact the dollar will be strong enough to survive for at least 50 to 100 years.
Activity: 521
January 31, 2015, 02:36:05 PM

Activity: 1022
January 31, 2015, 05:32:25 AM
Like Armageddon people have been proclaiming it's coming very shortly since the day dot. That being said, nothing lasts forever and the dollar as with other currencies will likely collapse or lose most of their value at some point, the question is just when.

Will the Bitcoin survive the year?  Tough to say, I don't see the dollar going anywhere for quite some time though!

It'll be a while for sure but keep printing more and more of it and you'll speed the process up.

Not really, I don't think they are producing enough bills with the cost of living going up and the cost of everything.  We would all be making a lot more money if that was the plan.
The worst is if you are a student. A lot of students that graduate will not be able to find jobs and will have the college debt for life.

You lose time and money if you go to college for a worthless degree; if the state pays it means it is paid by people having jobs wether they went to college or not. The quality will go down and the cost will go up.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
January 30, 2015, 02:42:15 PM
Like Armageddon people have been proclaiming it's coming very shortly since the day dot. That being said, nothing lasts forever and the dollar as with other currencies will likely collapse or lose most of their value at some point, the question is just when.

Will the Bitcoin survive the year?  Tough to say, I don't see the dollar going anywhere for quite some time though!

It'll be a while for sure but keep printing more and more of it and you'll speed the process up.

Not really, I don't think they are producing enough bills with the cost of living going up and the cost of everything.  We would all be making a lot more money if that was the plan.
The worst is if you are a student. A lot of students that graduate will not be able to find jobs and will have the college debt for life.

I agree with you, I am a graduated student luckily I have a full time job that pays good but a lot of College kids are pretty much going to end up going bankrupt
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
January 30, 2015, 02:40:18 PM

January 30, 2015, 12:38:15 PM

Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Surfbort.
January 30, 2015, 12:35:34 PM

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
January 30, 2015, 09:49:29 AM
I posted this in another thread but it is relevant here.

The dollar won't ever tank. Most people think it is valuated through the fed and others but really it is backed by the most expensive military ever. Oh yea america can put econ sanctions on many this has value. As long as a govt with these things is using the dollar the dollar won't be tanking any time soon.

This to an extent.  I will go as far to say it won't take in anyone's lifetime currently.  We don't know what is going to be going on 200 years down the road from now, so it is foolish to try and guess what will happen.

I agree with you. Say it won't ever tank might have been too strong of language. I meant more a long the lines of in my lifetime I don't think it ever will.

The $ has been tanking for decades! It already lost most its purchasing power and it will keep losing probably at a much faster rate in the near future!

So what hasn't been tanking then?  This is true for pretty much everything due to the way inflation is occurring. 

I don't think it will "crash" in our lifetime is all I am saying, so 125+ years of the US dollar is to remain at the very least.

At about 2070 if history repeats itself, the current cycle will be over and the system will be inviable. Bitcoin should be off the charts by then. We'll be old as fuck/death by then tho, so who cares.
January 27, 2015, 02:56:40 PM
I posted this in another thread but it is relevant here.

The dollar won't ever tank. Most people think it is valuated through the fed and others but really it is backed by the most expensive military ever. Oh yea america can put econ sanctions on many this has value. As long as a govt with these things is using the dollar the dollar won't be tanking any time soon.

This to an extent.  I will go as far to say it won't take in anyone's lifetime currently.  We don't know what is going to be going on 200 years down the road from now, so it is foolish to try and guess what will happen.

I agree with you. Say it won't ever tank might have been too strong of language. I meant more a long the lines of in my lifetime I don't think it ever will.

The $ has been tanking for decades! It already lost most its purchasing power and it will keep losing probably at a much faster rate in the near future!

So what hasn't been tanking then?  This is true for pretty much everything due to the way inflation is occurring. 

I don't think it will "crash" in our lifetime is all I am saying, so 125+ years of the US dollar is to remain at the very least.
Pages:
Jump to: