Pages:
Author

Topic: Dollar coming to an end - page 9. (Read 34949 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
January 16, 2015, 12:08:00 PM
The $ has been tanking for decades! It already lost most its purchasing power and it will keep losing probably at a much faster rate in the near future!

All currencies are tanking due to inflation, $ is not an exception.

While inflation is normal and we can't fight it completely we need to look at the inflation rate. Dolar in the early 20th. century for almost 70 years kept its value almost on the same level. But now look at the last 30 years. Inflation during that time was higher than in the all years of dollar existence before combined.
Activity: 896
January 16, 2015, 11:54:38 AM
The $ has been tanking for decades! It already lost most its purchasing power and it will keep losing probably at a much faster rate in the near future!

All currencies are tanking due to inflation, $ is not an exception.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 500
January 16, 2015, 11:43:21 AM
I posted this in another thread but it is relevant here.

The dollar won't ever tank. Most people think it is valuated through the fed and others but really it is backed by the most expensive military ever. Oh yea america can put econ sanctions on many this has value. As long as a govt with these things is using the dollar the dollar won't be tanking any time soon.

This to an extent.  I will go as far to say it won't take in anyone's lifetime currently.  We don't know what is going to be going on 200 years down the road from now, so it is foolish to try and guess what will happen.

I agree with you. Say it won't ever tank might have been too strong of language. I meant more a long the lines of in my lifetime I don't think it ever will.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 16, 2015, 11:16:38 AM

The dollar won't ever tank. Most people think it is valuated through the fed and others but really it is backed by the most expensive military ever. Oh yea america can put econ sanctions on many this has value. As long as a govt with these things is using the dollar the dollar won't be tanking any time soon.

This to an extent.  I will go as far to say it won't take in anyone's lifetime currently.  We don't know what is going to be going on 200 years down the road from now, so it is foolish to try and guess what will happen.

I agree with you. Say it won't ever tank might have been too strong of language. I meant more a long the lines of in my lifetime I don't think it ever will.
Activity: 784
January 16, 2015, 11:08:25 AM

Activity: 14
January 16, 2015, 10:05:22 AM

January 16, 2015, 09:38:02 AM
I don't know if I can agree with the article. The U.S. dollar is based on a debt system that itself is based on it's military and oil. When OPEC stops writing checks to the U.S. using U.S. dollars then I will be worried but until then I don't think I will bat an eye to these articles anymore. As long as the U.S. has it's military might to keep OPEC within it's grasp, the U.S. dollar will still be the worldwide currency. That's my belief at least.

If bubbles pop and interest rates rise, the FED will create a lot of Dollar, the faith in the Dollar will go down, its value will go down and you have to pay the military with value so it will harder to pay them or it will take more Dollar which means more will be created and the value of the Dollar will go down even more.
January 15, 2015, 07:05:04 PM
Will the Bitcoin survive the year?  Tough to say, I don't see the dollar going anywhere for quite some time though!
Activity: 35
January 15, 2015, 03:56:01 PM
I don't know if I can agree with the article. The U.S. dollar is based on a debt system that itself is based on it's military and oil. When OPEC stops writing checks to the U.S. using U.S. dollars then I will be worried but until then I don't think I will bat an eye to these articles anymore. As long as the U.S. has it's military might to keep OPEC within it's grasp, the U.S. dollar will still be the worldwide currency. That's my belief at least.
January 14, 2015, 11:02:46 AM
I think a better question is when will the dollar become the world currency as opposed to killed off.

The US Dollar weight in international transactions and as Central Banks reserves has been in decline for years.
January 14, 2015, 09:22:24 AM
I think a better question is when will the dollar become the world currency as opposed to killed off.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005
January 13, 2015, 05:03:19 PM
The dollar isn't going anywhere as long as it's used to BUY BITCOIN!

Smart guy. When you buy bitcoin dollar with dollars bitcoins you stimulate bitcoin dollar and depress dollars bitcoins. Marginal, you can't measure it but it is there.

FTFY
Well we can play that game all day.

He changed everything, but it is still correct. Glitters.
January 13, 2015, 04:20:52 PM
Dollar hard to an end.

I agree.

Dollar will survive for a long time

For example : dollar is crushing my local currency from Rp 9000 / US$ and now it raised become Rp 12.600 / US$
My local currency is keep struggling to make it up

The Dollar really strenghtened lately but it is likely to go down against assets during the next few years. Some other currencies go down even faster.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
January 13, 2015, 10:41:47 AM
Dollar hard to an end.

I agree.

Dollar will survive for a long time

For example : dollar is crushing my local currency from Rp 9000 / US$ and now it raised become Rp 12.600 / US$
My local currency is keep struggling to make it up
Activity: 10
January 13, 2015, 10:29:33 AM
The future of currency market will be more LIKE ...

=> INDIVIDUAL x CERTAIN AMOUNT OF CRYPTO TOKENS
=> PLUS WORTHLESS COUNTRY BACKED FIAT CURRENCY

http://i.imgur.com/WZBPu1c.png

http://i.imgur.com/yzsKAqs.png

http://i.imgur.com/DB4lU40.png

http://i.imgur.com/8qCSzV5.png

We are going towards Mayanard Keynes Bancor Plan(1944) through decentralization or centralisation methodology

http://i.imgur.com/C8Lvlff.png

Activity: 28
January 12, 2015, 08:27:50 PM
and is willing to pay a higher price than the previous sell...

Bob has wised up & isn't willing to pay more than the previous sell price.  He's not even willing to pay as much as the last sell price => BTC price tanking.
Money is exiting the Bitcoin network Undecided

Right now it is true. cex.io stopped cloud mining, bitstamp has been hacked, the Dollar is strenghtening against all currencies. In Euro Bitcoin is still at 230 euros and things will change when the Dollar will tank and Bitcoin starts having positive news, a positive trend.
The future will look very bright for Bitcoin and the price will rise but it will be too late to make a big profit for those who didn't believe in it.

No better way to lose money than blind faith in shit you don't understand.  But hey, if it wasn't for your ilk, this forum wouldn't be full of raped lolcows what it is today.
Carry on.
January 12, 2015, 06:40:10 PM

Bob has wised up & isn't willing to pay more than the previous sell price.  He's not even willing to pay as much as the last sell price => BTC price tanking.

Right now it is true. cex.io stopped cloud mining, bitstamp has been hacked, the Dollar is strenghtening against all currencies. In Euro Bitcoin is still at 230 euros and things will change when the Dollar will tank and Bitcoin starts having positive news, a positive trend.
The future will look very bright for Bitcoin and the price will rise but it will be too late to make a big profit for those who didn't believe in it.
Activity: 490
January 12, 2015, 05:06:01 PM
What would happen to 99% of hip hop songs? They are all based around making dollars. All the lyrics would be rendered deprecated out of a sudden. What about all these bling bling chains?

"Dollar" will become an obscure, depreciative, guetto name for the satoshi unit. That should be that dirty word's legacy.
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
January 12, 2015, 03:20:55 PM

January 12, 2015, 03:07:49 PM
The dollar isn't going anywhere as long as it's used to BUY BITCOIN!

Smart guy. When you buy bitcoin dollar with dollars bitcoins you stimulate bitcoin dollar and depress dollars bitcoins. Marginal, you can't measure it but it is there.

FTFY
Well we can play that game all day.

That's the point.  When Bob spends dollar to buy Bitcoin from Al, Al spends Bitcoin to buy dollar from Bob.
When a coin is bought, it is (at the very same time) sold.
Basics which many of our esteemed financiers fail to grasp.

Yes but if Bob didn't have any bitcoins and is willing to pay a higher price than the previous sell, it's positive for Bitcoin and new money is coming on the market.
Pages:
Jump to: