Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 114. (Read 87605 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 109
Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!
December 26, 2017, 04:05:44 PM
This is not thread for speculation, this is thread for informing people about shady things going on, instead of jumping on bandwagon, of something that doesnt exist... NDA on XX millions project? Who comes up with that bullshit... If they had working project they would build up hype around it, and then start selling it, and not their "pre ico" "pre project working state" bullshit agenda.
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
December 26, 2017, 03:11:28 PM
Oh great, yet another noob/shill chiming in and claiming legitimacy of this obvious scam-o-rama...  Tongue

Everyone has their opinion and on the surface this appears to be a scam. However, I have side channeled a lot of long time bitcoiners that aren't even into mining that have verified this is whole thing is real. If this is a scam, a lot of credible people in the community are involved in the scam. 

There are a few of these demo units out in the wild but people are under NDA and not able to share any details

As far as promojo, not sure why he keeps saying he is releasing a review, tweets that pictures coming soon, and then still nothing. He is probably under NDA too but can't help but brag about his new xbox  Wink

Until an independent review is released or March/April rolls around, this thread will just be a place of nonstop speculation
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
December 26, 2017, 01:58:02 PM
It would be so easy to have an independent review  done by me, Dabs or Philipma1957, yet they refuse to work together with one of us for that.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 538
I'm in BTC XTC
December 26, 2017, 01:41:37 PM
Oh great, yet another noob/shill chiming in and claiming legitimacy of this obvious scam-o-rama...  Tongue
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
December 26, 2017, 01:32:59 PM
Okay, going on total common sense here. I'm not affiliated with Halong Mining in any way, only just heard about them and researching if I want to order 5 of the Dragonmint 16's. Currently, there is a waiting list and are not for sale. If this was a total scam, wouldn't they pretend like they were readily available and try and scam as many people as fast as they could before anyone catches on and disappear with the money? Instead, they are not taking orders and waiting until they have finished a batch. Sure, they are not very good at communicating, but not many Chinese companies are. As for the guy that keeps claiming he has one but doesn't want to post a review, he could be a Bitmain affiliate, trying to get Halong into a bad spotlight with his behavior, or he could just be a douche who doesn't really have one, but likes to brag like a 3rd grader bragging about his Xbox that he doesn't have. Just my 2 cents.
Activity: 5
December 24, 2017, 03:29:22 PM
Promojo’s original tweet had an @ mention of Bitmaintech’s twitter handle in it. That was the only difference. I’m guessing he just reposted the tweet without the mention so as to keep the peace. That’s all.

Your post doesn’t make any sense I’m afraid - the tweets were deleted. They no longer exist - nothing about keeping the peace, stop deflecting attention from the fact that this is at best an unprofessional way to run a company, and at worst a SCAM, stealing people’s money.
Activity: 24
December 24, 2017, 03:10:52 PM
Okay so it seems like it's official Halongmining is an absolute scam with all the false promises of doing demos and reviews we still have not seen one and they missed the latest trade show There is zero evidence that they have one single working unit. So I think it might make sense to change the title of this thread to "Halongmining Dragonmint is a scam."
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 32
December 24, 2017, 02:12:00 PM
Promojo’s original tweet had an @ mention of Bitmaintech’s twitter handle in it. That was the only difference. I’m guessing he just reposted the tweet without the mention so as to keep the peace. That’s all.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 24, 2017, 01:49:15 PM
https://twitter.com/jsamulaitis/status/944772041340841984 just throwing something in here..hopefully we can see something...

Edit: It looks like he deleted his tweet... He tweeted that in few minutes he will post video of Dragonmint...and reposted again...and deleted it again.....fishy..

It is not fishy.  they got millions in preorders cashed out the coins.  and laughed all the way to the bank.

Once again I will offer them to post here and send me a working unit.

Which I will pay for once it arrives.

I will demo it  on youtube
I will  do a long thread here.

As of today no pm's from them
no emails from them
and no postings here from them.

I and truly sorry for those that sent them money.

But they banked on orders from people and seemed to have gotten many orders.

To quote the Donald: "Sad so very sad'
Activity: 2
December 24, 2017, 01:43:06 PM
Yep, I still had the screenshot up of this Jordan character's tweet so thought I would post it for those that missed it (or that care)....

https://images2.imgbox.com/c2/48/DTWWNYIL_o.jpg

December 23, 2017, 11:10:12 PM
https://twitter.com/jsamulaitis/status/944772041340841984 just throwing something in here..hopefully we can see something...

Edit: It looks like he deleted his tweet... He tweeted that in few minutes he will post video of Dragonmint...and reposted again...and deleted it again.....fishy..
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
December 23, 2017, 03:46:04 PM
People want something to replace bitmain so much that they leave their judgement behind. All the new miners got released last week actually show that bitmain is at least 1 ~ 2 years ahead of its competitors. I almost pre-ordered, but until they deliver I will spend my money elsewhere.   
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
December 23, 2017, 02:45:00 AM
Still vaporware as of today.

I"m still waiting for the 'vaporware' video review from 3 weeks ago

also, the crummy review that they have on youtube is a red flag in that it does NOT allow comments

about the vaporware nature of this.

I've seen that trick before on pseudo miners that exist only in the scammer youtube posters mind before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRCsQUyR7_I

note: always have your re-labelled Bitmain miner backwards to not see the logo on your likely scam product

and disable comments on youtube to warn folk Smiley

though on a side note: to be fair ...they are NOT taking BTC for these units thou...thus that should be a little

encouraging to those who have ordered these...but that is all I got on a positive note on these beasties...

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
December 22, 2017, 04:03:36 PM
Still vaporware as of today.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
December 22, 2017, 04:01:50 PM
Promjo, whats the delay?

also, not sure why people here on a bitcoin forum are questioning Adam Backs credibility. His work is cited in the Satoshi white paper

Yeah, without Adam Backs there's no sha256.

actually he came up with proof of work via Hashcash that was adopted by bitcoin

I don't think Adam is a liar, his close affiliation with blockstream has made him controversial. The anti blockstream people bash them all day long.
He is either colluding with or being fooled by the scammers. Once this blows up he will of course claim the second one either way Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
December 22, 2017, 03:50:30 PM
Promjo, whats the delay?

also, not sure why people here on a bitcoin forum are questioning Adam Backs credibility. His work is cited in the Satoshi white paper

Yeah, without Adam Backs there's no sha256.

actually he came up with proof of work via Hashcash that was adopted by bitcoin

I don't think Adam is a liar, his close affiliation with blockstream has made him controversial. The anti blockstream people bash them all day long.
December 22, 2017, 11:19:12 AM
Specs for Avalon 821 are already announced, just do little digging on the forum, thou we still don't know price of it, hopefully ti will be something affordable for us mortals(little miners)
Activity: 41
December 22, 2017, 09:21:46 AM
I'm 98% sure Dragonmint is a scam.  Its unfortunate that so many people have paid them for their mysterious presale, just another sign that the market desperately needs a legit Bitmain competitor.

I'm anxious for Avalons release of the 821, I really hope it can compete.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756
Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!
December 22, 2017, 08:37:44 AM
We now have people from following companies telling they are very skeptical on the DragonMint:
Bitmain (Jihan Wu), BW.com (Virgilio Lizardo Jr.), Bitfury Group

Why would Jihan Wu have anything positive to say about a competitor’s product?

Why don't you shut him up with something like oh you know fucking proof...

Why don't you and the dude that has the demo prove the fucking thing is real instead of constantly shifting the goal posts or offering red herrings like above...

I have no idea if the gear is real or not to be fair but at this point as all the others that have been around a long time it STINKS to high heaven like all the dozens of other scams seem on these here boards.

Until you show proof the community should show hard core skepticism, as you're seeing.  Those that don't are fucking stupid end of story.

This isn't a court of law you're not innocent until proven guilty.  As it should be for the old timers round here its your fucking guilty until proven...  If you were not taking in pre-orders from what I call Investomers than maybe you would have a point...

So take all your excuses, delays, blame shifting tactics stuff them in a pipe and smoke em.  And the lame excuse you don't want you're competition to see it too early...  That is CLASSIC scammer speak bro...  Guess who actually wants to see, you're investomers... 

But anyways as always the ball is in your court, put up or deal with the backlash, kinda the way it is round here, don't like it oh well tough luck.

copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 32
December 22, 2017, 12:55:47 AM
We now have people from following companies telling they are very skeptical on the DragonMint:
Bitmain (Jihan Wu), BW.com (Virgilio Lizardo Jr.), Bitfury Group

Why would Jihan Wu have anything positive to say about a competitor’s product?

Jump to: