Pages:
Author

Topic: Dreamcoin [DRM] - X13 - PoW/PoS - page 28. (Read 71723 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
May 24, 2014, 12:54:55 PM
I voted that dev shouldn't be welcomed anymore...he just screwed up.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
May 24, 2014, 12:47:05 PM
This is something I think we should make early focus on https://coinkite.com/faq/alts
They are not holding a vote for new coins now. However this should be a high priority fund raiser before they even open to new coins so when they do day one we can put down the money they require....
just my opinion but it think it would do more than any anon feature could...

How does Coinkite decide which altcoins to support?

We ultimately make a decision internally, but we use this list as the minimum requirements and we still reserve the right to choose any altcoin for any other arbitrary reason.

Must have a fiat to XXX exchange—at least one somewhere in the world.
    Two or more BTC/XXX exchanges.
    Be based on bitcoin source (ie. nothing wild like ripple).
    Not have a obnoxious name that we would be embarrassed to say/promote, and a commonly used three letter code.
    Preferably, have a block interval of >1 minute.
    Must have a blockchain explorer we can deep link into (bonus: reliable and fast).
    Addresses that are not confusing compared to bitcoin (ie. different first letter is needed).
    More than one major mining pool: cannot have a single pool operator controlling all blocks.
    Must have client binaries for major systems such as OSX, Linux.

Finally, we need you to put your money where your mouth is! We've setup a pool for each candidate altcoin, and the first which accumulates more than ฿25 in value wins. You can vote by contributing coins, or simply by increasing the value of your altcoin relative to Bitcoin on the exchanges and in real life.

Up to 75% will be used to fund development and testing costs, and remainder donated to a charity of our choice.

Alternatively what if we use the money to day ALTs, make more money and then split money into things we need. for example 25 BTC donated today put into BC at 15000 would have yielded 50 BTC, etc.
This is just no. If people want to gamble their money they will gamble it on their own I will not do such a repulsively risky act.
Please stop posting
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Community
May 24, 2014, 12:40:28 PM
I dream 11...lets go up!!!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
The blockchain is the future
May 24, 2014, 12:39:54 PM
This is something I think we should make early focus on https://coinkite.com/faq/alts
They are not holding a vote for new coins now. However this should be a high priority fund raiser before they even open to new coins so when they do day one we can put down the money they require....
just my opinion but it think it would do more than any anon feature could...

We ultimately make a decision internally, but we use this list as the minimum requirements and we still reserve the right to choose any altcoin for any other arbitrary reason.

Not have a obnoxious name that we would be embarrassed to say/promote, and a commonly used three letter code.
    Must have a blockchain explorer we can deep link into (bonus: reliable and fast).
    Addresses that are not confusing compared to bitcoin (ie. different first letter is needed).
    More than one major mining pool: cannot have a single pool operator controlling all blocks.

Finally, we need you to put your money where your mouth is! We've setup a pool for each candidate altcoin, and the first which accumulates more than ฿25 in value wins. You can vote by contributing coins, or simply by increasing the value of your altcoin relative to Bitcoin on the exchanges and in real life.

Up to 75% will be used to fund development and testing costs, and remainder donated to a charity of our choice.

Alternatively what if we use the money to day ALTs, make more money and then split money into things we need. for example 25 BTC donated today put into BC at 15000 would have yielded 50 BTC, etc.
May 24, 2014, 12:35:15 PM
just my opinion but i think it would do more than any anon feature could...

Activity: 315
Merit: 100
May 24, 2014, 12:08:19 PM
It's good to see some recovery in the market Smiley Once we have a multipool up and running we will be doing that much better.
Right now I'm waiting on replies on both a new block explorer and the multipool.
I will keep people updated as i receive the information.

icecube was on IRC last night and said he was hoping the dreampool front end website would be up very soon for registration.. I like the sound of that
May 24, 2014, 11:25:10 AM
What do people think about having a giveaway on Poloniex to coincide with the relaunch? I'm sure it couldbe easily arranged

Honestly, I have always felt that giveaways cheapens a coin.  Non supporters will just immediately put them up for sale.   DRM's quantity is very low and I feel we should use the DRM bounties towards development instead.  Non Dreamers will convert once they see we're heading for the clouds.   Just my opinion. Don't take it the wrong way.  Smiley

agree, some coins with huge supply utilize giveaway strategy for market promotion. DRM is only with 1.85M supply, how many giveaways we need to prepare for market expectation and make it work?  As trademark mentioned, the price of DRM now is undervalue, using giveaway may hurt all of us. Once DRM returns a reasonable price, giveaway with limited time maybe the better choice for promotion .

I honestly think a giveaway isnt good but a similar faucet giving out 0.01 - 1 DRM each is a much better option. Upto u
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
May 24, 2014, 11:20:52 AM
What do people think about having a giveaway on Poloniex to coincide with the relaunch? I'm sure it couldbe easily arranged

Honestly, I have always felt that giveaways cheapens a coin.  Non supporters will just immediately put them up for sale.   DRM's quantity is very low and I feel we should use the DRM bounties towards development instead.  Non Dreamers will convert once they see we're heading for the clouds.   Just my opinion. Don't take it the wrong way.  Smiley

agree, some coins with huge supply utilize giveaway strategy for market promotion.  As trademark mentioned, DRM is only with 1.85M supply, how many giveaways we need to prepare for market expectation and make it work? Now the price of DRM is still undervalued and getting recover, using giveaway may hurt all of us. Once DRM returns a reasonable price, giveaway with limited time maybe one of the choices for promotion. Is there any members with marketing expertise could help new team making marketing  strategies?
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1003
May 24, 2014, 10:46:33 AM

legendary
May 24, 2014, 10:39:27 AM
It's good to see some recovery in the market Smiley Once we have a multipool up and running we will be doing that much better.
Right now I'm waiting on replies on both a new block explorer and the multipool.

Yes, very good to see a little upward bounce. We really need the Dream Pool to push us to the clouds.  Block explorer is also a must have.  DRM has a bright future and is destined to succeed.  Thanks to Johnny5, Mathgamain and community for reviving DRM.  Dream on! Dreamers!   Grin
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
May 24, 2014, 10:28:06 AM
May 24, 2014, 09:04:09 AM
May 24, 2014, 08:52:23 AM
Cool its 5000 already! Time for 15000 booya!If you guys can contact the guy who did the BC blockchain thatd be sweet
Activity: 577
Shine Like The Sun
May 24, 2014, 04:23:49 AM
I am happy to hear folks here have liked the new site. On monday we can start adding features there, rich list would be cool to have again. Have a nice weekend everyone!

- Tomi

Ps. CS is a force of nature, theres nobody here that can hold him down Wink
May 24, 2014, 01:19:48 AM
Guys why are some of you hating on me? What did i do to the old dev Sad please try to understand what happened before criticizing me and apologize. "Think before you speak"

No one's hating on you.  Johnny is being very proactive with the resurgence of DRM and is very active in this community.  You just need to take a step back and let him work his magic.  The anonymous aspect of this coin isn't important right now.  What is important is the relaunch of DRM, and maybe eventually, if it takes off, we can look at some of the things that were originally supposed to be included.  The coin even without the anonymous aspect has some great characteristics.  Those that stayed to support will be rewarded IMO.
May 24, 2014, 01:01:10 AM
We are in good space now, and things are looking promising. The past is the past, But i also will address issues head on, and will always have an honest direct approach.
Activity: 266
May 24, 2014, 12:54:29 AM
Guys why are some of you hating on me? What did i do to the old dev Sad please try to understand what happened before criticizing me and apologize. "Think before you speak"

nvm,
let the past pass away... start a new Dream, a big Dream

all of you is my brother, so lets get this thing done
and we're going to make it bro  Wink
legendary
May 24, 2014, 12:43:11 AM
You couldn't leave well enough alone and the first thing you did as soon as it was mentioned that he was fed up was chime in with another comment.
I am not saying that the actions on Carsen's part were a correct response.
However you were responsible for this ultimate emergency action.
You deserve no apology and yourself should be apologizing to the community and the losses they accrued due to your childish actions.

I have to agree with Johnny aka Dreamcoin Dev.  CS, no one is hating on you.  The truth is the truth, no apologies and every comment was thought out before being said,  so just drop it. DRM has a bright future now. No need to mention the past.   Smiley
May 24, 2014, 12:33:12 AM
You couldn't leave well enough alone and the first thing you did as soon as it was mentioned that he was fed up was chime in with another comment.
I am not saying that the actions on Carsen's part were a correct response.
However you were responsible for this ultimate emergency action.
You deserve no apology and yourself should be apologizing to the community and the losses they accrued due to your childish actions.
May 24, 2014, 12:25:19 AM
Pages:
Jump to: