Pages:
Author

Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote) UPDATE: New source/wallets+GUI - 1.0.10 - page 48. (Read 157859 times)

Activity: 649
Merit: 500
My antivirus says the wallet has trojans?

This is a known issue. There are false positives in some antivirus because of the cryptonight miner. Since the cryptonight algo is CPU friendly it is used by some botnet operators to get their drones mining. And that payload is customarily deployed by trojans.

If you still have doubts you could.compare the code with the bytecoin one (easier than checking it yourself, but you still have to trust bcn devs) and build the wallet and daemon yourself.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059

This pool not paid http://dsh.cryptonight.net/#

I CPU Mine on my little laptop for a bit of fun and can only dream about numbers you're showing in your screen capture!

I've been mining for a day or two at minergate.com because they've got a cool mining app which is dead simple, they pay right away after you send yourself your coins.

PM me with your wallet address i'll give you 10M  Wink
legendary

This pool not paid http://dsh.cryptonight.net/#

at support there is a chatbox IRC, you can log in there and ask for support..it is just stucked payouts, they can easily fix that.
legendary
OK, thanks.

But what is 184.46 billion?

~184 Billion or 18,446 Billion

In my mathematics, 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 = 18,446 Billion

184 billion and 460 million
Activity: 533
Merit: 251
OK, thanks.

But what is 184.46 billion?

~184 Billion or 18,446 Billion

In my mathematics, 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 = 18,446 Billion
Activity: 533
Merit: 251
My antivirus says the wallet has trojans?
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

I CPU Mine on my little laptop for a bit of fun and can only dream about numbers you're showing in your screen capture!

I've been mining for a day or two at minergate.com because they've got a cool mining app which is dead simple, they pay right away after you send yourself your coins.
Activity: 276
Merit: 250
I've been playing with both the command-line and GUI version for Dashcoin and they both work fine, with a minor annoyance - they store wallets in different locations!

Despite both dashcoind, simplewallet, and dashcoinwallet (gui) being in the same folder the gui stores the wallet in a folder called "wallets" whereas the command-line tool wants a wallet in the same folder as the executable.

It isn't a huge problem because most would either use the command-line or the gui but not both. I switch from time to time.

Another minor issue is that the gui starts its own dashcoind rather than talking to the one already running.

As I said, none of these are major problems for me but worth mentioning if someone is still developing the gui.

@ ciklop1974

you typed "dashcoin" for your wallet, that means you will have

dashcoin
dashcoin.address.txt
dashcoin.keys

i have the same issue with yours when i tried version 1.0.3.387 mine is version 1.0.2.358

i have updated to dashcoind.exe (1.0.3.387) but still using simplewallet.exe (1.0.2.358) because simplewallet.exe (1.0.3.387) just renames my old wallet files from

wallet.bin to wallet.bin.back
wallet.bin.keys to wallet.bin.keys.back

and simplewallet.exe (1.0.3.387) closes, maybe the new version requires me to create a new wallet rather than using the old wallet.

i'm using windows 7 64bit ....will play around this and make an update.

edit: new wallet automatically refreshes so there is no need for refresh command..my tutorial is for the older version, i will make a new one for the updated version.

That problem is already patched in bytecoin. We're porting the changes to dash ATM.

In this new version only the file .wallet is created.
They are created in the same folder as dashcoind.exe and simplewallet.exe. Smiley

Did you typed exit in the end?

edit: you must type [G] to generate
I know it. But the files are not created. Version 1.0.2 was better.
legendary
@ ciklop1974

you typed "dashcoin" for your wallet, that means you will have

dashcoin
dashcoin.address.txt
dashcoin.keys

i have the same issue with yours when i tried version 1.0.3.387 mine is version 1.0.2.358

i have updated to dashcoind.exe (1.0.3.387) but still using simplewallet.exe (1.0.2.358) because simplewallet.exe (1.0.3.387) just renames my old wallet files from

wallet.bin to wallet.bin.back
wallet.bin.keys to wallet.bin.keys.back

and simplewallet.exe (1.0.3.387) closes, maybe the new version requires me to create a new wallet rather than using the old wallet.

i'm using windows 7 64bit ....will play around this and make an update.

edit: new wallet automatically refreshes so there is no need for refresh command..my tutorial is for the older version, i will make a new one for the updated version.
Activity: 574
They are created in the same folder as dashcoind.exe and simplewallet.exe. Smiley

Did you typed exit in the end?

edit: you must type [G] to generate
tutorial in using CLI (command line interface) wallet

downloading dashcoin wallet will give you two files.

Code:
dashcoind.exe
simplewallet.exe

running dashcoind.exe and simplewallet.exe will generate log files, they contain history of everything that happened in those interfaces including transaction history(simplewallet.log).

Code:
dashcoind.log
simplewallet.log

running dashcoind.exe will let you synchronize to dashcoin network.
running simplewallet.exe will let you generate a wallet name (ex. wallet.bin) and the password for it

after generating the wallet you will have these additional files..always backup these files

Code:
wallet.bin
wallet.bin.address.txt
wallet.bin.keys

using the wallet, these are the basic commands that a typical user needs.

Code:
balance - shows how much dashcoins you have
refresh - refreshes your wallet to update balance, useful if you received or transferred dashcoins (through transactions or mining)
address - shows your address

sending dashcoins will use the transfer command like this

example:
Code:
transfer 0 D8yFneNkLn617zawXhdruwVQf8GWVdtgz4K3UnjqVXWH34hB4VMFU4U7QYzqvXbQUNDpSc4NmdHmT1Rc78wmPwV7VU2VNyF 1000000 

0 - mixing count, 3 is sufficient to have an anonymous transaction

D8yFneN... - address who will receive dashcoins from the sender

1000000 - amount to send  

sending dashcoin to poloniex.com to trade, requires payment id

https://poloniex.com/exchange#xmr_dsh

example:
Code:
transfer 0 D8yFneNkLn617zawXhdruwVQf8GWVdtgz4K3UnjqVXWH34hB4VMFU4U7QYzqvXbQUNDpSc4NmdHmT1Rc78wmPwV7VU2VNyF 1000000 -p 0eb4f7c85779f1344a27c031628f7b4b44971d85cbe81f8a5acf8b437c6f8aea

-p - payment id option

0eb4f7.... - payment id

Something goes wrong as needed. I dont have

wallet.bin
wallet.bin.address.txt
wallet.bin.keys

Activity: 278
Thank you all for the help
legendary
tutorial in using CLI (command line interface) wallet
version 1.0.2.358 only

downloading dashcoin wallet will give you two files.

Code:
dashcoind.exe
simplewallet.exe

running dashcoind.exe and simplewallet.exe will generate log files, they contain history of everything that happened in those interfaces including transaction history(simplewallet.log).

Code:
dashcoind.log
simplewallet.log

running dashcoind.exe will let you synchronize to dashcoin network.
running simplewallet.exe will let you generate a wallet name (ex. wallet.bin) and the password for it

after generating the wallet you will have these additional files..always backup these files

Code:
wallet.bin
wallet.bin.address.txt
wallet.bin.keys

using the wallet, these are the basic commands that a typical user needs.

Code:
balance - shows how much dashcoins you have
refresh - refreshes your wallet to update balance, useful if you received or transferred dashcoins (through transactions or mining)
address - shows your address

sending dashcoins will use the transfer command like this

example:
Code:
transfer 0 D8yFneNkLn617zawXhdruwVQf8GWVdtgz4K3UnjqVXWH34hB4VMFU4U7QYzqvXbQUNDpSc4NmdHmT1Rc78wmPwV7VU2VNyF 1000000 

0 - mixing count, 3 is sufficient to have an anonymous transaction

D8yFneN... - address who will receive dashcoins from the sender

1000000 - amount to send  

sending dashcoin to poloniex.com to trade, requires payment id

https://poloniex.com/exchange#xmr_dsh

example:
Code:
transfer 0 D8yFneNkLn617zawXhdruwVQf8GWVdtgz4K3UnjqVXWH34hB4VMFU4U7QYzqvXbQUNDpSc4NmdHmT1Rc78wmPwV7VU2VNyF 1000000 -p 0eb4f7c85779f1344a27c031628f7b4b44971d85cbe81f8a5acf8b437c6f8aea

-p - payment id option

0eb4f7.... - payment id

Sorry, I meant should have said incoming_transfers instead of refresh. And did you type the balance command?

arielbit, thank you for donating and for taking care of the Spanish translation.
OP has been updated.

Second Community Update will be posted tomorrow.
Activity: 278
Pages:
Jump to: