Pages:
Author

Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote) UPDATE: New source/wallets+GUI - 1.0.10 - page 43. (Read 157860 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
hi! everyone, just started mining few days ago with DSH coin, i use GUI wallet. a bit confused at the beginning but managed to have my dashcoin. ok created two wallet inside the GUI client (or whatever you call it) all works.
somehow i experience crashing of the GUI, and that's the problem now i have trouble to open the the 2nd wallet that i created. pls. help, i tried whatever i think can do unfortunately NO LUCK... i can't open it.
the GUI says wait for the wallet to sync then after it synced enter my password click open wallet  it says after wallet disconnected. whew.... any idea or help appreciated.

try to open those wallets using the CLI wallet, there is a sub directory called "wallets" the files are in there.

i'm using CLI ever since, it is very reliable.

use the older version (version 1.0.2.358) of CLI since the gui wallet was made during the time when wallet files contain 3 files the *.bin, *.address.txt , and *.keys

link for wallet version 1.0.2.358 was in old dashcoin thread

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dsh-dashcoin-cryptonote-automated-source-678232

here

http://sourceforge.net/projects/dashcoin/files/dashcoin-windows.zip/download

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
hi! everyone, just started mining few days ago with DSH coin, i use GUI wallet. a bit confused at the beginning but managed to have my dashcoin. ok created two wallet inside the GUI client (or whatever you call it) all works.
somehow i experience crashing of the GUI, and that's the problem now i have trouble to open the the 2nd wallet that i created. pls. help, i tried whatever i think can do unfortunately NO LUCK... i can't open it.
the GUI says wait for the wallet to sync then after it synced enter my password click open wallet  it says after wallet disconnected. whew.... any idea or help appreciated.
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
What's the status on reduction in units?

Well, the hard part is making sure the exchange and pools are aligned for it. That's the reason for the delay.

And just to be clear, the number of units won't change, there will still be 264 - 1 units. We are just changing the way those units are grouped .
kov
Activity: 492
What's the status on reduction in units?
Activity: 614
Merit: 254
Any link to non gui wallet?

Yes. Links are in the OP. And there is no GUI for the current version yet.

Well its not working properly. I have synced wallet but there is no any dash in my wallet
https://minergate.com/blockchain/dsh/transaction/96fa179afd6de3e2bddaa323f93db75fbe363d99f522afd53f75207ca85aadc1

Are you running dashcoind?
Wich OS are you using?
Which version are you using?

Running wallet from link in the OP.
Windows 7 x64
gui wallet version 1.1.1

EDIT: Dont bother. Gui wallet have bug. It showing me that i am downloaded all blockchain but it is not.
When i run dashcoind.exe its showing 68 days behind and gui wallet showing that is synced.

Run the dashcoin daemon first. Let it completely sync before you run the simple wallet.

Problem solved with this.  Smiley
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
I've been running the GUI on multiple computers and I've never noticed any problems.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0

Well its not working properly. I have synced wallet but there is no any dash in my wallet
https://minergate.com/blockchain/dsh/transaction/96fa179afd6de3e2bddaa323f93db75fbe363d99f522afd53f75207ca85aadc1

Wich OS are you using?

Windows 7 x64
gui wallet version 1.1.1

EDIT: Dont bother. Gui wallet have bug. It showing me that i am downloaded all blockchain but it is not.
When i run dashcoind.exe its showing 68 days behind and gui wallet showing that is synced.

Run the dashcoin daemon first. Let it completely sync before you run the simple wallet.

Wich OS are you using?

Windows 7 x64
gui wallet version 1.1.1

Wich OS are you using?

Blockchain is to big for download. Any plans to resize this?

The blockchain is presently at a little more than 1GB. What do you mean its too big?

Wanted to be lower. Like 300MB or insert chekpoints like PPC.

From the OP:
Dashcoin (DSH) is a cryptocurrency started on July 5, 2014. Dashcoin is a fork of Bytecoin and uses the unique algorithm CryptoNote. The goal with Dashcoin is to create a perfect mirror image of Bytecoin, the first CryptoNote based cryptocurrency, at any given moment of time. Automatically. WITHOUT THE 82% PREMINE.

Having pointed that I ask you what would be the point of having a supposedly  blockchain if we just told people "Trust us, this really is what the chain looked like at block 200000" or "Naah, don't waste your time validating that stuff. Move to block 195000 and don't worry about it." ?

The blockchain is presently at a little more than 1GB. What do you mean its too big?

Wanted to be lower. Like 300MB or insert chekpoints like PPC.

legendary
Really makes it look like 106,524,906,114 DSH are in the hands of just a few.

i wouldn't say "a few" just look at dashcoin previous OP (july 2014): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/dsh-dashcoin-cryptonote-automated-source-678232 ..many people were involved, maybe they turned off their miners or left or sold or holding, but the price justifies that..heck the world of crypto is depressed.

billions and billions are for sale at poloniex.com and dashcoin is very cheap. if you and other people buy and mine there will be more hands that will have dashcoins.

when time comes there will be only millions on exchanges for sale..(just convert 10000:1 for the future)

it is almost a year of mining and trading dashcoins and you are still standing aside, get some!  Wink

how did they steal something that was sold to them?

sold by previous dev and bought by evan duffy dick(instigator)..........it was stolen from dashcoin community.
Activity: 532
Not sure why you keep bringing smooths name in to this. All he did was show support for project by donating some XMR and wishing us luck.

Keep bring his name up?  Unless I'm missing something, I only did that once on my first post.

I can argue with facts and IRC logs and provide detail of technical changes,  the merits vs relevance of community size and tl:dr previous two updates for you. However, I rather ask you a question.

Would you still be in this thread, posting, if Dark coin didn't steal name Dash?  that's what I thought. Now bugger off.

How can you argue the fact you only had 35 votes for the change.  Only 28 of those even wanted a change.  Really makes it look like 106,524,906,114 DSH are in the hands of just a few.  I hate the name dash.  Its horrible but how did they steal something that was sold to them?

To summarize someone that is not to be named, I'm just a concerned crypto investor trying to look out for everyone's well being.  That's all.
legendary

So the fact you are calling it 'Dash' instead of 'Dashcoin' like it always was, proves what I am saying about this being another Monero FUD exercise and ultimately bad for Dashcoin investors.  

-snip-

But quel suprise what do we find instead?  Monero people here taking over the coin and saying 'this is the real Dash!' so in there warped version of reality Dash price will now crash because of this and they have another competitor under their belt - very smart investment strategy for existing DSH holders and totally genuine right?

-snip-

and you Kushedout implying that Dashcoin was always called 'Dash'...  The second CryptoNote coin taken over by Monero devs/investors just in the last month, with the other competitors already FUD'd to death by Smooth and the gang.  

dashcoin was called dash  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000
SaluS - (SLS)
Blah, troll, shill, smooth...

Not sure why you keep bringing smooths name in to this. All he did was show support for project by donating some XMR and wishing us luck.

Blah, troll, shill,  by a noob account with 1 activity, nice.

Shoo fly.

Blah, troll, shill, ignorance...

I can argue with facts and IRC logs and provide detail of technical changes,  the merits vs relevance of community size and tl:dr previous two updates for you. However, I rather ask you a question.

Would you still be in this thread, posting, if Dark coin didn't steal the name Dash?  that's what I thought. Now bugger off.

Pages:
Jump to: