Pages:
Author

Topic: [ DSTM ] Found a fee remover for dstm zm miner - page 10. (Read 5876 times)

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131
If you don't like the price, do not use it. As simple as that.
I dream of owning a Ferrari but don't want to pay that amount of money. Are you saying it is ok to steal the Ferrari?

Djeez I don't understand why the moderators keep these threads open. This forum is about crypto, bitcoins, altcoins.. Not about hacking, cracking, stealing, ......

calling it stealing is very harsh and not even close, if anything he is stealing our hashrate by holding it hostage, cant disable the fee so we are left with no choice but to pay it, and you are missing the point anyways most people bitch because its a continual fee that never stops because the dev's are too greedy, they make money off dumb people like yourself, if anything it would be more like you buying a Ferrari and getting fiat instead but there's an additional catch, you have to pay a monthly fee just to use it, guaranteed you would be bitching about that in a heartbeat but noooooooo when a dev has a fee that never stops people like you come out the woodwork and call people greedy, people in general wouldn't be like this if the dev's were in fact reasonable

btw theres also word going around that dstm has abandoned his miner program, so you can go ahead and give him your money for free and not get anything in return since he no longer supports his program

Operating systems, software packages, etc... They all use a license, right? A license that people need to "renew" every x time. Don't like paying for services/software? Then don't buy it/them.

If a creator (doesnt have to be software) releases something WITH conditions, why use it if you don't agree to those conditions? Did he lie about the fee? Did he hide it?
No. You knew about the fee from day one.

Also a little side note about greed:
Some time ago I released an OPEN source logging script with absolutely NO licenses or conditions: People could do with it what they want. I got questions from people asking me to modify the script to their needs. One of them made 300 USD _per day_ but was too greedy to tip me even one dollar.
Only 1 user had the decency to tip me. Talking about greed.

your compare apples with oranges there bud for the most part, weither it has a license or not is not the point, point is most of these programs and OS's we pay a ONE time fee to have it not a fee that keeps on going, and i never said I dont agree with it i just said they could lower the percentage some, they do need to get something but what there asking currently just isnt worth what we miners get in return, companies like microsoft had to sell LOTS of copies to make there money plus they had to pay taxes and what have you, dev's of miner programs do not, they are getting this money free and clear so dont talk about dev's not being greedy, that being said companies also a more than just one person working on the program or os so updates can regularly get pushed out which is another thing miner dev's LACK, they make more then enough to hire some other people but do they hell no cause there too danm greedy. btw its not greed just cause you did make money on something, you knew how open source is, you have to make it super good and even then getting people to donate is harder than hell, then youve got people that will pick through your code and put it into there paid for miners too, which from what ive herd every miner dev has done at some point or another, the only people that come out on top are these dev's, if anything we kinda get the shaft

"we pay a ONE time fee to have it not a fee that keeps on going" 

You obviously have no experience dealing with software licensing.  That said, you know what, use this hack to remove the fee and take the money you save and use it to pay for English lessons.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
But. You should point a ld_preload against zm or just load it with ld_preload. Then its always interrupting.
I dream of owning a Ferrari but don't want to pay that amount of money. Are you saying it is ok to steal the Ferrari?

Djeez I don't understand why the moderators keep these threads open. This forum is about crypto, bitcoins, altcoins.. Not about hacking, cracking, stealing, ......

calling it stealing is very harsh and not even close, if anything he is stealing our hashrate by holding it hostage, cant disable the fee so we are left with no choice but to pay it, and you are missing the point anyways most people bitch because its a continual fee that never stops because the dev's are too greedy, they make money off dumb people like yourself, if anything it would be more like you buying a Ferrari and getting fiat instead but there's an additional catch, you have to pay a monthly fee just to use it, guaranteed you would be bitching about that in a heartbeat but noooooooo when a dev has a fee that never stops people like you come out the woodwork and call people greedy, people in general wouldn't be like this if the dev's were in fact reasonable

btw theres also word going around that dstm has abandoned his miner program, so you can go ahead and give him your money for free and not get anything in return since he no longer supports his program

Operating systems, software packages, etc... They all use a license, right? A license that people need to "renew" every x time. Don't like paying for services/software? Then don't buy it/them.

If a creator (doesnt have to be software) releases something WITH conditions, why use it if you don't agree to those conditions? Did he lie about the fee? Did he hide it?

Some time ago I released an OPEN source logging script with absolutely NO licenses or conditions: People could do with it what they want. I got questions from people asking me to modify the script to their needs. One of them made 300 USD _per day_ but was too greedy to tip me even one dollar.

your compare apples with oranges there bud for the most part, weither it has a license or not is not the point, point is most of these programs and OS's we pay a ONE time fee to have it not a fee that keeps on going, and i never said I dont agree with it i just said they could lower the percentage some, they do need to get something but what there asking currently just isnt worth what we miners get in return, companies like microsoft had to sell LOTS of copies to make there money plus they had to pay taxes and what have you, dev's of miner programs do not, they are getting this money free and clear so dont talk about dev's not being greedy, that being said companies also a more than just one person working on the program or os so updates can regularly get pushed out which is another thing miner dev's LACK, they make more then enough to hire some other people but do they hell no cause there too danm greedy. btw its not greed just cause you did make money on something, you knew how open source is, you have to make it super good and even then getting people to donate is harder than hell, then youve got people that will pick through your code and put it into there paid for miners too, which from what ive herd every miner dev has done at some point or another, the only people that come out on top are these dev's, if anything we kinda get the shaft

Bullshit
You're greedy and that's why you're stealing.
Wake up kid.
Yeah he fixed this in 0.5.8. There is also a “fix” for that. But. He Will need to give atleast 3-4% more performance. Before switching. And 5.7 and 5.8 is the same. Almost.
Activity: 462
Merit: 258
Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

Activity: 1218
Merit: 534

Activity: 23
Sorry, you are correct. I guess my comment wasn't about this method but the other one posted that was removed and only visible using google cache. I am only posting here since I can't comment on that deleted thread.

So yes, the method posted on this thread is linux only. I guess I had wishful thinking that someone could make this work on windows since the other one seemed to for a guy that knew what he was doing.
if you google "[dstm miner] How to get rid of developer's fee?" the first result, then click the cached version. There's a screenshot on that post showing it working in windows. I'm too new to pm him to ask how he did it Smiley

from the readme file:
myshare is a dev fee rerouter for dstm's zm Equihash miner for Nvidia GPUs.

Supports version up to 0.5.7.

Works for Linux, tested in Ubuntu 16.04
uses glibc version 2.26-0ubuntu2.1

says nothing about working in windows, that and there is no .exe for windows sooooooooo back the assumption that its for linux
if you google "[dstm miner] How to get rid of developer's fee?" the first result, then click the cached version. There's a screenshot on that post showing it working in windows. I'm too new to pm him to ask how he did it Smiley
Can anyone post or send instructions on how to do this with windows?

by the looks of it its for Linux only
Can anyone post or send instructions on how to do this with windows?
This is why we cant have nice things.  Someone always wants to complain about paying for a program that without their existence you would be mining away on Nicehash paying even more fees.  Its a wonder developers even make miners anymore so people can find ways to hack them for free.

AN no there are Other miner that work just as good just not as easy to use with no fee,I don't all ways mine on Nice hash .. i can give you a list of pools i mine so your statement is false ...

Nice things till he fucks you and he will in time ..........Greedy players all ways do .I guess you missed were the DEV said he was thinking about raising the Fee and told us fuck off pretty much ....

an your OK with that ? .

He can't raise the fee on the miner you're currently using, so... so what if he does raise the fee on future versions?  If the next version is substantially better, maybe it'll be worth a fee hike.  As long as you're making more $$ too, what the f*ck do you care?

no it doesn't work that way dude, its still the same program reguardless, only difference is its got some updated code, that doesn't merit a higher fee at all, you don't see companies out there that make programs and set a price just to change it every time they come out with something they consider "substantial".
This is why we cant have nice things.  Someone always wants to complain about paying for a program that without their existence you would be mining away on Nicehash paying even more fees.  Its a wonder developers even make miners anymore so people can find ways to hack them for free.

actually if you pay any attention nicehash uses all the same miners we do for the various algo's, therefore nicehash wouldn't exist either, people wouldn't do these kinda things if dev's were more reasonable with there dev fee's, people are starting to realize that continually paying for something and not getting much in return is just a waste of money, average miner puts out about 40 to 50 dollars per rig to these dev's which do not return much and then think they can make us pay for what they think is fair, just cause you can make something doesn't give you the power to over charge people for it and not put out, we cant have nice things because people in general are too greedy and don't know when to set a limit, sure he set a 2 percent limit people would say, but theres a catch that fee is ongoing and NEVER stops, that would be like paying for a car continually having a monthly fee JUST to use it. I bet youd bitch and complain then hmmm its no different, sure dev's set a fee but they don't know when to make the fee stop cause they want that money that they only deserve a smaller portion of, average miner program goes without updates months at a time, during that time we don't get shit and there the ones that come out on top, not us. dev's are not here to be your friend or the communities friend for that matter, if they were they were, things might be different but fact is its not just the miners fault, its also the developers of said mining programs as well
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
Not sure why u are fighting.
Personally i dont think the miner can be made better.
And dstm got a high payment for his work already... think about be a millionaire within few month....

Wink
0.1 %fee would be still 20k a month....

Fuck off you're the greedy bastard.
Hopefully dstm won't abandon the project.
We'll end up paying much more, you fucker.

well if he does abandon the project it will because he used me and you and got what he wanted it sad you don't see it ..

Owell any way I'm done saying all i need to ..
And dstm got a high payment for his work already... think about be a millionaire within few month....

Wink

Fuck off you're the greedy bastard.
Hopefully dstm won't abandon the project.
We'll end up paying much more, you fucker.
Activity: 32

Wink
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
This is why we cant have nice things.  Someone always wants to complain about paying for a program that without their existence you would be mining away on Nicehash paying even more fees.  Its a wonder developers even make miners anymore so people can find ways to hack them for free.

AN no there are Other miner that work just as good just not as easy to use with no fee,I don't all ways mine on Nice hash .. i can give you a list of pools i mine so your statement is false ...

Nice things till he fucks you and he will in time ..........Greedy players all ways do .I guess you missed were the DEV said he was thinking about raising the Fee and told us fuck off pretty much ....

an your OK with that ? .

He can't raise the fee on the miner you're currently using, so... so what if he does raise the fee on future versions?  If the next version is substantially better, maybe it'll be worth a fee hike.  As long as you're making more $$ too, what the f*ck do you care?

why do you care if i care ? ....I 'm not in the dstm post am I ....I can say whet ever i want can't I ? ....I have this thing about greed and ass holes .... btw i more then likely won't use this either or dstm it's the point of it ....

SO
like i said i won't use cheats either .....
Activity: 182

an your OK with that ? .

He can't raise the fee on the miner you're currently using, so... so what if he does raise the fee on future versions?  If the next version is substantially better, maybe it'll be worth a fee hike.  As long as you're making more $$ too, what the f*ck do you care?
Pages:
Jump to: