Pages:
Author

Topic: DUMP SCRYPT, SCRYPT-N COINS (litecoin, doge etc...) BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!! - page 2. (Read 7237 times)

Activity: 595
Merit: 500
Already dumped those, but thanx for advice. Wink
Activity: 686
It'll be missing in a year or 2. So will be you.

Bitcoin down 0.42%, LTC down 9.11%

This's how coins die.
Activity: 546
Butthurt much? Poor thing. How much did you lose?
Or just have nothing better to do?
Quote again in a year or two. Like i said. 50$ in a 1-2 years.
Oh poor OP with literally no idea how crypto economy works.
But i have to admit that it was amusing to read.
Quote my words for future. Litecoin will hit 50 $ within a year or in worst case 2 years.

Oh poor you with literally no idea how crypto economy works.
Quote my words for future. Litecoin will hit 0.1 $ within a year or in worst case 2 years.

Quoting for future.

Done, let's see what happens.

Well, actually not $0.1, but it'll drop by 50% at least.

So you "slightly" miscalculated before? About by a 5000% ? Allright then. Pro predictions.

That was sarcasm, but looking at these --

http://www.ltc-charts.com/period-charts.php?period=ytd&resolution=day&pair=ltc-usd&market=bitfinex
http://www.ltc-charts.com/period-charts.php?period=ytd&resolution=day&pair=ltc-btc&market=btc-e
https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/v2/pair/ltc/usd/crypto-trade/ytd

One may like to bet on 0.1

BTC 5.4% up, LTC 0.3% up.

Nice progress to $50.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250
What I just totally do not understand: why are the dogecoin devs not doing anything with new features in dogecoin. Like making it a POS coin or whatever? I see other coins moving from POW to POS or creating some functionallity that atracts people to the coin.
Doge was made to be a gag coin. I wouldn't expect any new features unless Litecoin implements them first. 
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Quote my words for future. Litecoin will hit 50 $ within a year or in worst case 2 years.
This.

Litecoin is being secured by its own ASIC hardware.

It will be the 2nd most secure coin on the planet.

I've no idea of the economy... oh my...

And SUDDENLY litecoin reaches $50.... wow an economist predicting the prices to reach off charts in 12 months.
A month ago, the same type of trend line existed for virtually every coin (with the exception to some of the "pump" coins that had only been around for a few weeks at the most). I guess at that point it wouldn't have been cognitively dissonant to assume that every coin (including BTC) was ready to die huh?
litecoin is a sleeping volcano

Yeah, instead of destroying lives, it destroys investors.
why do u people even discuss Litecoin?

such utterly useless coin without any feature whatsoever that has constantly dropped in value... ouch...

You will be surprise if it jumped 2-3x.

LOL yes 2-3x lower again as in previous months? Haha good one:D

Price drop that too at such a high difficulty. I think its due asic manufacturers mining and dumping the coins who don't even care about LTC , and why will they when they already have stacked large amount of money in pre-orders while they are mining the shit out of miners.

Actually the price have been dropping way before ASICs came in action. It started from January this year. Talks about ASIC started from last end of last year (October was the first reference) and Gridseed also released on December. As soon as this news spread (in 1 to 3 months), people have been dumping their coins continuously.

The only practical advantage of Scrypt is lost.

The choice to use scrypt was also partially to avoid giving advantage to video card (GPU), FPGA and ASIC miners over CPU miners. Mining litecoin with a CPU or video card is approximately 1000 times slower than mining bitcoin with the same CPU or video card.

Due to Litecoin's use of the scrypt algorithm, FPGA and ASIC devices made for mining Litecoin are more complicated to create and more expensive to produce than they are for Bitcoin, which uses SHA-256.

But LTC investors still believe in it cause...... they invested, possibly at higher prices or bought Scrypt ASIC.
Activity: 770

such utterly useless coin without any feature whatsoever that has constantly dropped in value... ouch...

Price drop that too at such a high difficulty. I think its due asic manufacturers mining and dumping the coins who don't even care about LTC , and why will they when they already have stacked large amount of money in pre-orders while they are mining the shit out of miners.
Activity: 700
Merit: 520

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1093
litecoin is a sleeping volcano
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

Ah, all coins will die, maybe a few will stay alive Smiley It is more like gambling, you had the color hype, the planet hype, the animal hype, and now you have a lot of ancient coins and all are IPO and i love it  Grin they already gave me nice returns Cheesy
Activity: 700
Merit: 520

All the coins are under threat, even bitcoin.

Scrypt coins are numerous, and most will die.

As far as litecoin goes, it is entrenched as the second coin. I don't see why it won't just do as bitcoin has done after Asics, and get absurdly high difficulty levels.

There are too many interests in it for it to just whither away.

The question is what coin will arrive to knock bitcoin (and litecoin) from their perches?

Clue: Whatever it is, it has not happened yet.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7207539

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7247666
This.

I've no idea of the economy... oh my...

And SUDDENLY litecoin reaches $50.... wow an economist predicting the prices to reach off charts in 12 months.
This.

Limit this mostly to CPU, so only full blown computers can compute it, and one doesn't have to buy special purpose hardware. The hardware will be useless otherwise and after all coins have been mined (unless the incentive to mine is still up and maintained in some way like unlimited coins or high transaction fee), the miner will actually throw it away or sell it to someone else (who may be a cracker who's accumulating firepower for bad mining). This is partially true for GPU hardware, but they have a gaming purpose apart from computational purpose, and probably the miners will themselves use it in gaming. So all in all, prefer 1) CPU only, 2) CPU & GPU, 3) Special purpose hardware.

With new hardware, mining efficiency will increase; the new miners of the new hardware will start accepting transactions of lower transaction fees making the old hardware redundant cause they take more electricity. They will be sold cheap cause of this reason (lower profit margins or even losses).

For an attacker, electricity cost is not of a concern, cause the attack time will be limited; he's going to earn money by making false transactions in blocks he mined.

Yes -- the old hardware is old generation, but that doesn't mean it'll be slower.

New hardware will not focus on higher hash rate, but power consumed per hash rate, thus, hash rate of new hardware may not increase exponentially making the network more vulnerable to attacks with older hardware.

I'm not sure about the architecture of ASIC miners to comment on that. It's not an ARM processor which can be made faster by simply by increasing the clock speed. Modern AMD and Intel processors are not 4xPentium/athlon 64 @6GHZ. So an improvement in architecture does not necessarily mean faster speeds, it may have been done to reduce electricity consumption by half. Look at mobile processors for instance; they are more efficient than their Desktop (per Whetstone and dhrystone score) counterpart but slower.

We just may have a similar trend for ASIC miners. Same consumption in electricity@little less hashing power.

This's still worst for small alternative cryptocurrency using the same hashing algorithm. They're easy to exploit cause of low difficulty.
Activity: 644
I agree, the days of the Scrypt crapcoins are coming to an end. Only a complete fool would be investing in mining equipment of any kind at this point.

Even Litecoin isn't going anywhere, which is not surprising as it offers absolutely nothing over Bitcoin!

Apart from speed, and even then it is hardly fast.

we live in an age where transactions are instant. Cryptocurrencies are actually behind, and until they catch up, they will remain commodities rather than currencies.

Activity: 644
All the coins are under threat, even bitcoin.

Scrypt coins are numerous, and most will die.

As far as litecoin goes, it is entrenched as the second coin. I don't see why it won't just do as bitcoin has done after Asics, and get absurdly high difficulty levels.

There are too many interests in it for it to just whither away.

The question is what coin will arrive to knock bitcoin (and litecoin) from their perches?

Clue: Whatever it is, it has not happened yet.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
This.

Pages:
Jump to: