Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC - page 30. (Read 43440 times)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 16, 2018, 06:18:20 PM
--Do you have plans to support static IPs in a future update?
I can not answer for sure. If there are willing.

--So next week should start shipping, right?
I want to hope the factory will make order on time. So far, we have not received confirmation yet.

--Does the miner support Nicehash or just specific miningpools?
Nicehash too.
forgot to answer one question........

BTW, what is the jumper for ?

legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
June 16, 2018, 05:54:14 PM

I want to hope the factory will make order on time. So far, we have not received confirmation yet.

Nicehash too.

China... search functions used to be better and now I can't leap into wherever "china" showed up but obviously I'm assuming the factory might be in China.  I recall seeing somewhere you said you are in Spain.  Sure would be really nice if the factory is in Spain.  We have all heard the horror stories of what China likes to do with IP (intellectual property). 

By now, it probably doesn't matter... If someone is going to do what you are doing they (i mean bitmain...) could probably already be doing it.  Not a big deal. 

Good luck with your project.  This is sort of like the canary in the coal mine...  A lot of people are watching this and wondering how other recent FPGA ventures will turn out. 

Of course no confirmation from the factory doesn't sound comforting.  Where is the factory?
Activity: 42
Merit: 1
June 16, 2018, 04:27:49 PM

Nicehash too.
Activity: 262
Merit: 101
June 16, 2018, 03:42:50 PM
Does the miner support Nicehash or just specific miningpools?
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
June 16, 2018, 03:38:56 PM
BTW, what is the jumper for ?
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
June 16, 2018, 11:49:25 AM
So next week should start shipping, right? I hope it will come soon and without customs Grin
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
June 16, 2018, 10:01:43 AM
Do you have plans to support static IPs in a future update? (2.3 only does DHCP?)
June 16, 2018, 06:01:41 AM
@dwarfminer
congrats sold out!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I would appreciate it if you write sold out as OP.
Exactly! Thank you for reminding!
Activity: 195
Merit: 15
June 15, 2018, 01:48:55 PM
@dwarfminer
congrats sold out!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I would appreciate it if you write sold out as OP.

BTW, What is the schedule for future shipping? Or are you preparing to write XXX on HP?  Wink Wink Wink
Activity: 92
Merit: 16
June 15, 2018, 01:46:31 PM

Why running so soon?
People get more trust so they buy more.
Scammers getting more money.
And your 2 points are worthless, like anyone can reply to a comment and change the website for the salary they're getting.
Buy more of what ? Shipping stock ?
There are no unit left on the website !!!
It could be that they will start selling batch 2 even before batch 1 hits anybody's home. They might start giving away some tracking numbers too.

Smart thing to do is wait until after shipping and units hit destinations ... then proof of concept... then open up batch 2 to 1st batch orders, with a possible discount on new price ... if proof of concept is there the new price IMO could be 5x-10x current pricing ... at least that is what I would do
Activity: 92
Merit: 16
June 15, 2018, 01:42:48 PM

For people who still think it's a scam :

- no batch 2 yet on the website (which would be clear that it's a scam)
- dwarfminer team still responding on the forum (which there is no point of if it was a scam and the orders are completed so they could absolutely already have run with the money)

I'm just saying that those two points, in particular the last one give a good indication that it might not be a scam

Personnaly, if I was running such a scam I would have already left with the money. Wouldn't you ?

If this card works as intended, they will sell like hot cake on batch2 and they will make even much more money. They probably have a 50% margin on BOM and second batch will be full price so more than $200 of benefit per card for a batch of 25000 => $5 millions profit without even to have to set up a mining farm and taking the risk of a crypto bear market.

In the gold rush the people who were making money were the pickaxe vendors

Why running so soon?
And your 2 points are worthless, like anyone can reply to a comment and change the website for the salary they're getting.

Anyone can utilize a sick dog for money too ... I’m just sayin 😂
June 15, 2018, 12:46:18 PM
VCU1525 can do 12khash with 235w price 3600 USD

This device with only 10w can do 7khash?

Do not say cat until is in the sac...
18 kh/s for 1525.
Do you think the giant N is virtual? Or does the kryptonighte have fundamental differences with v7?  Roll Eyes
June 15, 2018, 11:12:44 AM

Completely different units. This unit has a dedicated AES accelerator, the FPGA does far less job (allegedly) and is far less versatile than a real FPGA.
You wont mine neoscrypt or any other algorithm with it hence the price difference (or you might mine none if in the end it was a scam)

From an old response when the thread was young :

--What chip, or even brand are you using?
It is not Xilinx/Altera. Spartan-III  can get 1.3-1.5 kh/s, it's true. But most part of the resources will be spent on AES implementation.
Activity: 10
June 15, 2018, 11:03:28 AM

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
June 15, 2018, 07:15:10 AM
personnaly , i will order ONLY when we will get some proof and review of this product by members.
i let stupid people who took the risk to give money to scammers, and if its not a scam, i will order....
all over questions about this product are useless because they can give you answers to any questions you asked, it's easy when you know the mining market...

but for the moment, 95% sure it's a scam...
noboby here in the biggest forum in the world, to confirm this product really exists, don't you think it's strange Huh
they already sell tons of cards and nobody to talk about it and share about this "amazing" product Huh

how much people on this forum put an order on it ? how much pieces ?
just to know how much money they took for the moment Huh

to tell you the truth...we have seen a lot of stuff that is REAL over the years never shipped (or at least so late it did not matter)

butterfly labs or for a recent case the sia-tech obelisk miner asic for siacoin (will never ROI out of the box)

thus even if it is real, the way these guys launched it and promoted it....I would still not have anything to do with it

it comes down to this

1) as scammers they know what they are doing

2) as making a product they don't have a clue

so as far as what I think ....I pick 1) Scammers ...mainly due to the fact they work way harder on NOT showing us something

then they would ever do in proving they did have something....

brad
June 15, 2018, 05:11:57 AM
personnaly , i will order ONLY when we will get some proof and review of this product by members.
i let stupid people who took the risk to give money to scammers, and if its not a scam, i will order....

but for the moment, 90% sure it's a scam... noboby here in the biggest forum in the world to confirm this product exists, don't you think it's not strange Huh

Time will tell. We should know in 3-4 days what they are up to but the fact that they are still responding here is to me a pretty good indication that it might not be scam.
They will not put a batch 2 before the batch 1 starts to be received and people show if it legit or not.
Noone would buy batch 2 without proof (batch 1 is another story, if you are ready to take a risk)
Activity: 44
June 15, 2018, 05:03:51 AM
all over questions about this product are useless because they can give you answers to any questions you asked, it's easy when you know the mining market...

but for the moment, 95% sure it's a scam...
noboby here in the biggest forum in the world, to confirm this product really exists, don't you think it's strange Huh
they already sell tons of cards and nobody to talk about it and share about this "amazing" product Huh

Activity: 252
Merit: 8
June 15, 2018, 12:50:30 AM

Why running so soon?
It could be that they will start selling batch 2 even before batch 1 hits anybody's home. They might start giving away some tracking numbers too.
June 15, 2018, 12:31:35 AM

Why running so soon?
Activity: 4
June 14, 2018, 07:36:12 PM
Hello everybody! Because orders continue to arrive by e-mail, we will temporarily hide our videos on youtube. If you have not made a copy yet, you have this chance Wink

--if you use them (it{the thing}) for yourself... why the heck the network speed continue to drop down? no clue of 5k fpga working Cheesy
Sometimes the stupidity of people amazes me.......

me too.....

and here is the other question.
if you plan to use them (like bitmain) for yourself (like you said before), that mean the shipping will be in ... some kind of a december? 2018? 2019???
or later?
Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: