Pages:
Author

Topic: ✪ E-SPORTS PICKS : CSGO/LoL : 420 WINS - 69 LOSSES : MIDDLEMAN SERVICES - page 18. (Read 26549 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
There is a decent methrod of "cashing out" that you can do if you have some $ of btc on the side.

Basically you bet on team A(fav) to win with $/btc, and 'hedge' your bet with betting items on team B(underdog)

That makes sense, gotta pay a decent amount of vig but theres no real risk there.

Basically what I'm asking is, if a gun is "worth" $100, are there people who are actually paying $100 for it, or is it just kind of an arbitrary pricing system to facilitate betting?

Prices for skins under 400$ are based off the steam market; and for RMT, skins are usually sold at 60 ~ 80% of the market's price. High tier knives, however, are a goddamn hassle to deal with (omg rare pattern worth 50% more). Some of these knives can be in the thousands of dollars. However, there are markets for trading, such as the /r/GlobalOffensiveTrade subreddit. Just make sure you find a trusted middleman from Steamrep and be wary of scams.

Example case you just won 300$ of asiimovs from a huge bet (5 asiimovs at 60 each). Lets say We selling for bitcoin here, 45- 50 usd each. You would set up a trade with a person who will agree with the price, find a middleman from steamrep, and you would receive the money in exchange for the skins you won.

edit: magic beat me to it
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
There is a decent methrod of "cashing out" that you can do if you have some $ of btc on the side.

Basically you bet on team A(fav) to win with $/btc, and 'hedge' your bet with betting items on team B(underdog)

That makes sense, gotta pay a decent amount of vig but theres no real risk there.

Basically what I'm asking is, if a gun is "worth" $100, are there people who are actually paying $100 for it, or is it just kind of an arbitrary pricing system to facilitate betting?

A "vig" that you will pay trying to cashout by selling items to someone directly for paypal or w/e will be larger. I'm not super in touch with steam trading right now, but i think that by cashing out people usually lose about 20-30% of item's value. So in your example, a 100$ gun would be like 70-80$ on paypal.
Activity: 210
Merit: 103

These skins that you are betting, do people get them (originally) through game play or do they buy them on steam?  How would you cash them out?

Too much to explain about weapon drops and cases, but I started out beting again a week before this thread was made with an ak red laminate (~5 usd) and worked it up to whatever you see me update with. I believe I bought that item around a year ago from the steam market.

In there a wiki or someplace where I can read up on weapon drops and cases?  Watching these games over the past couple days made me interested in buying the game and playing a bit and I'm curious how to best spend my money.  That's also why I was asking about how to cash out...let's say you had $500 in skins and wanted to convert that to actual money.  Are there people who buy at those prices?

a simple gogle search does so much
http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiveTrade/comments/2konk1/psa_fluxs_guide_to_csgo_trading_and_how_to_do/
http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiveTrade/comments/1t9m2z/psa_cashing_out_advice/
http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/beginners-guide-to-trading-selling.677/

basically if you have paypal / btc to use find a trusted seller and a middleman from steamrep, buy betting skins for money, and use those. If not, you can always resort to the steam market. To cash out, trade people for keys and sell those few at a time to key buyers at a discounted price.

Yeah none of that really answers my questions, but that's ok I'll just look around and figure it out.  Thanks again for the picks, I've enjoyed tailing.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

These skins that you are betting, do people get them (originally) through game play or do they buy them on steam?  How would you cash them out?

Too much to explain about weapon drops and cases, but I started out beting again a week before this thread was made with an ak red laminate (~5 usd) and worked it up to whatever you see me update with. I believe I bought that item around a year ago from the steam market.

In there a wiki or someplace where I can read up on weapon drops and cases?  Watching these games over the past couple days made me interested in buying the game and playing a bit and I'm curious how to best spend my money.  That's also why I was asking about how to cash out...let's say you had $500 in skins and wanted to convert that to actual money.  Are there people who buy at those prices?

a simple gogle search does so much
http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiveTrade/comments/2konk1/psa_fluxs_guide_to_csgo_trading_and_how_to_do/
http://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiveTrade/comments/1t9m2z/psa_cashing_out_advice/
http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/beginners-guide-to-trading-selling.677/

basically if you have paypal / btc to use find a trusted seller and a middleman from steamrep, buy betting skins for money, and use those. If not, you can always resort to the steam market. To cash out, trade people for keys and sell those few at a time to key buyers at a discounted price.
These skins that you are betting, do people get them (originally) through game play or do they buy them on steam?  How would you cash them out?

In there a wiki or someplace where I can read up on weapon drops and cases?  Watching these games over the past couple days made me interested in buying the game and playing a bit and I'm curious how to best spend my money.  That's also why I was asking about how to cash out...let's say you had $500 in skins and wanted to convert that to actual money.  Are there people who buy at those prices?
also, there is speculation of Ignite cheating, I just remembered this and realized that I shouldve skipped. also, the prize pool for RGN is small, and with the odds as they are, a throw may be possible (if they really cheat they wont give 2 shits about throwing). If you havent bet yet, skip.
These skins that you are betting, do people get them (originally) through game play or do they buy them on steam?  How would you cash them out?

Piter vs Mouz?   Shocked Cool Wink

mouz just lost a player and piter has talented players, and with the number of bets that came up I dont want to put the rest of my bankroll on bets in the case that everything goes wrong with all of these factors, its a skip for me. however, id put it at 65-35 60-40 in favor of mouz depending on map picks.

note: volgare v myxmg was cancelled, so I put a small bet on mouz.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
also, with katowice coming up shortly, id advise everyone to get their hands on their betting skins (for lounge) for the event soon.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
small bet on (F.Sid3) vs NiP, consolidation match for lower bracket, neither teams will probably care about the outcome.

Yeah I think it wont be a interesting game to bet on. Not a lot of people care about the outcome of the game. NiP also had lost to the other teams in the lower league last month and aren't upto much good these past few weeks.
small bet on (F.Sid3) vs NiP, consolidation match for lower bracket, neither teams will probably care about the outcome.
Bet for now, might change based on how Elevate performs vs SKDC. Im expecting Elevate to take both their matches tonight.
GPlay upsets Dignitas, unfortunate. Was a close game and they played very well, shouldn't underestimate them again.

NOTE: FenixFire v BackFire is acutally a bo1 on D2, as opposed to a bo3 listed on both hltv AND lounge. this could turn out bad because of misinformation.

Would the change help backfire more?  Is there much of a difference in betting the first map or the series overall?  Sorry for the amateurish questions, but it was a pretty fun sweat this afternoon and I'm looking to put another bet down for this evening and am just trying to get as much information as I can on a subject I am very ignorant on.

Well we all start from somewhere ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
First map bets are listed on nitrogensports, but not on lounge; all the games on lounge are for match victor. However, in this case, there was some misinformation stating that this FF v BF match was a best of 3 (bo3), when in reality the match is a bo1, where only 1 map is played out.

Dust 2 is the most iconic map in counter strike; it has been played to no end and most strats and tactics have been played out numerous times, and there are really no surprises that come to a seasoned player, causing this map to be more based on raw skill and aim over strategy and executions. This makes it easier for underdog teams, especially on a best of 1, to upset the favorite. However, I have placed a fairly large bet on this match assuming a bo3, putting me in a precarious situation. If BackFire are on point im basically fucked. Luckily I'll have a few hours to put some more thought into the matchup now. Doesn't help that I have litle info on both BackFire and Fenix

Also, Orbit look poised to take the match vs x6tence with a 9-6 lead on T side Inferno.

I only bet on Nitro, so I assume it wouldn't be smart to bet on the match line since if there is only one game in the match it'll prob get scratched.

Looks like BF is still listed as almost a 2:1 underdog, if you think that the map change evens up the match a little bit, I guess it would make sense to bet on them and take the odds.  I also see there is a 3.5 line, so if you think the map switch means that it's very likely to be a very close match (from watching the last match I'm guessing all of them are first-to-16?), that bet might have some value.  

probably wont get cancelled, as it was already set to be a bo1 on dust 2, but the wrong information was displayed on lounge and hltv (there was no switch). And i agree on the underdog bet here, it also seems that one of the members for FF did not play with the team the last 2 matches, which could mean communication is potentially a bit off, in addition to dust 2 historically not being a strong map for Fenix.
Pages:
Jump to: