Pages:
Author

Topic: Ebay/Paypal's ridiculous fees - page 12. (Read 80966 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
August 18, 2016, 05:39:26 PM
Ebay fees are henious... at the same time paypal fees are ridiculous.
A while back i sold some btc at ebay, with a lot of scammers there, i lost a few $. I like the chargebacks because for a customer its safe but as a seller, its something not fair at times.
Activity: 2464
Merit: 644
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
August 14, 2016, 01:08:49 AM
You cant fight with company fees actually,the only way to fight it is just leave this company for themselves,dont let them earn money thats all.
I agree with you anyway,these fees are insane,its not fair for us,the customers indeeed...

Ebay and Paypal were the only methods that can be used for online transcations and they took advantage of this situation and charge too much fee. But now with Bitcoin we can say goodbye to them.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
August 08, 2016, 09:30:40 PM
Almost 14% wow that is why i don't use these clowns and go the private route. Can't you do that ?
Activity: 137
Merit: 100
★Nitrogensports.eu★
August 08, 2016, 04:48:46 AM
Sell an item on ebay for $100, actually receive $86

http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

Remind me why there's no good bitcoin auction websites since Bitmit again?

you had to pay 14% fees, which,  i think, is huge amount. There is open bazaar now though which is much better than ebay as you can pay in bitcoins and you don't have to pay fees
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
August 08, 2016, 03:46:05 AM
i see fees like that for first time actually as usually  i paid like 8-10% fees and that's it, strange that you had to pay 15% which is really a lot

If the total sales value is higher, the percentage fee is lower as the fee is fixed value + percentage for most trades.
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 26, 2016, 06:21:35 AM
i see fees like that for first time actually as usually  i paid like 8-10% fees and that's it, strange that you had to pay 15% which is really a lot
Activity: 644
July 25, 2016, 02:04:21 PM
First of all , they are not the top shopping website so they will take low fee and you must read their trade rules and fee structure before doing anything.
Paypal payment sometime really suck as their friend payment option is only limited to  US only.

Would eBay or PayPal accept digital currency, it would be the end. eBay and PayPal is a legal criminal organisation. It's not about the fees, every one can ask as much fee as he want, but no one can open a business without an address or a company license, except eBay and PayPal...
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
July 25, 2016, 11:04:22 AM
First of all , they are not the top shopping website so they will take low fee and you must read their trade rules and fee structure before doing anything.
Paypal payment sometime really suck as their friend payment option is only limited to  US only.
Activity: 896
Merit: 505
July 24, 2016, 12:41:29 PM
Same for me i really got frustrated sometime.i generally recieve payment via paypal but when i am sending money to even to my friend ,i cant do it as it take 30 cent  each time.i am not from US and it is really sucking me.
Previous year i sold a graphic card via ebay i was charged 10%.that time i really got frustrated.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 574
July 11, 2016, 03:20:17 AM
IT is not very strange that ebay and paypoal are putting fees on the price when you buy or sell something because they can have a big risk
When you pay them with the bitcoins the bitcoin can drop so they need to make sure they have a little percentage to win.

I just hope when the Ebay/Paypal accept the bitcoin, the market cap of the bitcoin is big enough, so the price is less volatile.
Activity: 344
July 05, 2016, 09:52:02 AM
IT is not very strange that ebay and paypoal are putting fees on the price when you buy or sell something because they can have a big risk
When you pay them with the bitcoins the bitcoin can drop so they need to make sure they have a little percentage to win.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
July 05, 2016, 04:48:03 AM
Paypal has so many unnecessary fees, therefore i perfer bitcoins as it has no fee
Activity: 336
July 05, 2016, 04:15:30 AM
Ebay and paypal also need to make sure that they are not losing to much because they have more risk then we have because they accept bitcoins and need to make sure that the price
will not drop allot so they will only make lose so they are putting fees on it that is not strange.
Activity: 602
July 04, 2016, 11:38:10 PM
You cant fight with company fees actually,the only way to fight it is just leave this company for themselves,dont let them earn money thats all.
I agree with you anyway,these fees are insane,its not fair for us,the customers indeeed...

These companies have gain much trust among the customers and now they are using this trust to exploit their customers and charge them a lot of fee in different forms and thus gain a lot of profits from these charges.
Activity: 294
July 04, 2016, 10:40:32 AM
Activity: 350
July 04, 2016, 09:19:33 AM
this is not strange that ebay and paypal are puting fees on the the bitcoin when you want to buy something they have a bigger risk than you because
they are accepting all people their ccoins and when the price drops they will have a big lose so fees are not strange for the big companys.
Activity: 630
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io
July 04, 2016, 04:10:42 AM
Im suffering using paypal since back then when i use it for good purposes like buying things online and investing on raveshares and every transaction ive made paypal gives me ridicolous high payments per transaction and i cannot do nothing with it since that is their fucking rules of fees.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
July 03, 2016, 04:29:49 PM
Especially Ebay's fees are high
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
July 03, 2016, 03:20:06 PM
simple. they make no money we get no
products simple as that we cannot batter at them for not
getting a little bit of money for their services.
They are starting to have ridiculous fees though it is getting
way too high.
Activity: 260
June 28, 2016, 11:08:13 AM
They have gotten rid of their listing fees, but now charge a higher final value fee, even on shipping costs now.  Also, you have to pay the PayPal fee on the total sale, not the sale amount after eBay fees.  Its ridiculous how they rob people.

Listing fees are still there on the UK site, and I think you get 100 free auction listings, but BIN you have to pay for. Final value fee is 10% usually.

You're right, they haven't gotten rid of listing fees, they just give you a certain amount of free ones.  Ebays 10% + paypals fees can add up quick though, and after you pay for shipping it makes it harder make decent money.

Coingig was a great bitcoin alternative to eBay also.  They shut down a few months ago too.
I dont think you all know why they are putting that fees on it the price of the bitcoin is not stable so they take a big risk if they just gave you everything you need to
get for the bitcoin. They will only make allot of lose so they put a fee on it to get a nice percentage of the money. I understand completely why they are doing it and you should also.
Pages:
Jump to: