Pages:
Author

Topic: Ebay/Paypal's ridiculous fees - page 7. (Read 80966 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 11, 2016, 03:47:08 AM
I hate both these services and that's why I don't use them either. Sometimes I have to use paypal because bitcoin is not accepting in every online store and paypal somewhat is.
But then I see the paypal fees and just get angry at all the money they take.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 787
Jack of all trades 💯
October 11, 2016, 01:42:02 AM
They are only putting that ridiculous fees on the products and that is only because they take the biggest risk by dont using fees you know lots of people ara not interested to
the company and they dont want to get failliet becuase of the coin,.

That is why many paypal users are adopting bitcoins and forgetting about paypal already because of that fees. But what happened is paypal adopted bitcoin.

I don't know if the articles and news that comes out sudden about paypals partnership with coinbase. I don't know if that is real.

Because I didn't see in my paypal account that there is a portion for bitcoins.

Im thinking  the same way too but  as far as  i know regarding to that news paypal and coinbase dont emerge, the real story here is that  coinbase does create  an account  on  paypal which  is  somehow confusing  about  on what purpose  do these actions have been  made  by coinbase. If  im gonna choose  bitcoin  is too far away better  than paypal.

Im paypal user since back then  and always got confused for their big charges on everytime i do some transaction in that processor, thats why i leaving that one when i know bitcoin since it was flexible processor and fee's are cheapest among those other one, but for coinbase thing well i don't know how they do some transaction with that but i don't usually buy btc using paypal at them.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
October 10, 2016, 11:39:45 PM
They are only putting that ridiculous fees on the products and that is only because they take the biggest risk by dont using fees you know lots of people ara not interested to

That is why many paypal users are adopting bitcoins and forgetting about paypal already because of that fees. But what happened is paypal adopted bitcoin.

I don't know if the articles and news that comes out sudden about paypals partnership with coinbase. I don't know if that is real.

Im thinking  the same way too but  as far as  i know regarding to that news paypal and coinbase dont emerge, the real story here is that  coinbase does create  an account  on  paypal which  is  somehow confusing  about  on what purpose  do these actions have been  made  by coinbase. If  im gonna choose  bitcoin  is too far away better  than paypal.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 531
Metaverse 👾 Cyberweapons
October 10, 2016, 03:15:06 PM
One of the main reasons why I prefer BTC is to save my partner and me from the overfee. In BTC, I can customize how much fee I wish to pay, but I usually find the advised amount of fee fine. Furthermore, I always know that with BTC, the fee I am paying will cause the transaction to be quicker so I see the reason of spending my money on fee.
Activity: 840
Merit: 501
Strength in Numbers
October 10, 2016, 11:07:37 AM

Activity: 52
Merit: 0
October 10, 2016, 10:28:16 AM
Activity: 756
October 10, 2016, 07:31:24 AM
Both of those services have ridiculous fees indeed that's why I refuse to use either of them. Just sometimes I have to use paypal every now and then because most online shops accept paypal but not bitcoin which makes me sad cause paypal is such a bad service.

I might be forced to exchange some of my bitcoins to fiat because the game im trying to buy looks there is no escrow provider able to help, i dont use paypal neither amazon, paypal i had used in the past, as only websites with some reputation are able to use it, amazon i never need anything from there.
Activity: 448
October 10, 2016, 04:20:27 AM
Both of those services have ridiculous fees indeed that's why I refuse to use either of them. Just sometimes I have to use paypal every now and then because most online shops accept paypal but not bitcoin which makes me sad cause paypal is such a bad service.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
October 07, 2016, 06:49:26 AM
Since very long ago I stopped using paypal already because of the service and fees. Ebay I have never really used cause it's not so popular in my country either.
I rather use bitcoin than paypal when possible so much less hassle and fees that it's very beneficial.

Agree with you, bitcoin is  much better than  paypal  when it comes  to fee which could somehow   be more useful instead  of being charge soo much when you use  paypal  to a certain  service.  Ebay is not  popular  in my country too hence i could  buy directly in online shops  without the need of ebay.
Activity: 462
October 07, 2016, 04:18:16 AM
Since very long ago I stopped using paypal already because of the service and fees. Ebay I have never really used cause it's not so popular in my country either.
I rather use bitcoin than paypal when possible so much less hassle and fees that it's very beneficial.
Activity: 896
Merit: 505
October 07, 2016, 01:38:30 AM
This is how the businesses work and this is also why I hate paypal. They force you to pay with paypal in alot of places cause its the only payment method but paypal payment fees are so ridiculous it really stacks up after a while so much lost money.
I dont hate paypal, i just left them for a long time, but sometimes i dont use  something because they accept only fiat, and those who accepts bitcoin will charge an extra.

I do hate paypal actually because they are so bad towards their customers IMO maybe not if you own a business but as a single person they couldn't care less about you and your frozen funds which got frozen for no reason.
Lets be realistic paypal doesnt frozen any accounts for any reason, those accounts which has nothing to relate the real person will have limit things that can be done, and as i know they froze accounts when they see suspicious activty and ask the onwer a proff where the money is coming.

Yes that is true about paypal, I just hate paypal about its extra charges that I had experience with it. I hate it the way when I am able to send my money to bank it takes a lot of days and their promise is that when they are going to process it, that will only take 2-3 days but they are taking it even a week so I hate it and the fee is really high.
Ofcourse it is high but most hated factor is there refund policy because of that most of exchange company has moved away,it is good that they give proper security to buyer but it should be mininmum.
Activity: 756
October 06, 2016, 07:17:04 AM
This is how the businesses work and this is also why I hate paypal. They force you to pay with paypal in alot of places cause its the only payment method but paypal payment fees are so ridiculous it really stacks up after a while so much lost money.
I dont hate paypal, i just left them for a long time, but sometimes i dont use  something because they accept only fiat, and those who accepts bitcoin will charge an extra.

I do hate paypal actually because they are so bad towards their customers IMO maybe not if you own a business but as a single person they couldn't care less about you and your frozen funds which got frozen for no reason.
Lets be realistic paypal doesnt frozen any accounts for any reason, those accounts which has nothing to relate the real person will have limit things that can be done, and as i know they froze accounts when they see suspicious activty and ask the onwer a proff where the money is coming.
October 06, 2016, 06:58:24 AM

legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
October 05, 2016, 10:09:51 PM
It's really disgusting how much they charge for just selling on their damn site. It's 10% Ebay + 2.69  (?) I think for Paypal. This discourages me heavily when I try to sell on ebay because what's the point if I'm going to fork over 100+$ on a $1000 transaction. It makes me turn to craigslist 70% of the time. Ebay is only good if your loss is not higher than in initial purchase (ie. selling a ticket at an exorbitant price). Otherwise the site sucks balls, only reason we use it is because of how easy it is to get your stuff up there in the listings.

I agree on what you have said, ebay does have the advantage  on selling products since you could easily put  up their  but the  fees would really kill you  on the long run in each transaction you would made. Thats why  if  theres a service that would  be the same as  ebay with a  payment form of bitcoin and does  have less  fees then  ebay would be dead for sure.
Activity: 191
Merit: 102
October 05, 2016, 04:44:26 PM
It's really disgusting how much they charge for just selling on their damn site. It's 10% Ebay + 2.69  (?) I think for Paypal. This discourages me heavily when I try to sell on ebay because what's the point if I'm going to fork over 100+$ on a $1000 transaction. It makes me turn to craigslist 70% of the time. Ebay is only good if your loss is not higher than in initial purchase (ie. selling a ticket at an exorbitant price). Otherwise the site sucks balls, only reason we use it is because of how easy it is to get your stuff up there in the listings.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
October 05, 2016, 08:23:26 AM
Ebay and  paypal does have  huge ridiculous fee  in each transaction which would really affect if you have a  business online, same as  others  said. Thats why some  switch to bitcoin because  of  low  fee on  each transfer regarding  on  money transfers.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
October 05, 2016, 06:01:30 AM
Ebay and paypal both have ridiculous fees they take alot of money from your total money and that is really bad for business.
But anyways when selling items in bulk then it might be better to start your own webshop to avoid the fees of ebay completely.
PayPal have stated very recently that they will lower the fees significantly in the coming years as it will be a gradual process.

I don't think it's enough since it doesn't solve the fact that PayPal is still a company that is champion in freezing people's funds for weeks.

This annoyances will bring Bitcoin a lot new people since they get sick and tired from how PayPal is behaving.
Activity: 406
October 05, 2016, 04:33:14 AM
Ebay and paypal both have ridiculous fees they take alot of money from your total money and that is really bad for business.
But anyways when selling items in bulk then it might be better to start your own webshop to avoid the fees of ebay completely.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1171
October 05, 2016, 04:00:54 AM
Cause I never used paypal and ebay before I didn`t know about this high fee`s. I knew there is fee`s, but this is ridiculous as OP say. Now crying over 10k fee for bitcoin transaction seems like a funny thing, I send some bitcoins abroad and fee for more then 150 dollars was around 1 dollar as I remember, and money is on their bank account after 1 hour max.
Now when you talk about it, paypal is service for sending money from one place to another, and for online payments. That is same what we can do with bitcoin, just fees are not so high, and instead of using online service for fiat we can use just bitcoins.
Ebay is a good thing, I would like to see some bitcoin ebay, where we can buy cheap things with nice discounts. That is what attract people, especially girls and womens.
October 05, 2016, 03:50:42 AM
That's a very high fee to sell an item for 100$ and they take 14$ wow because if you'd sell 10 items you'd lose already 140$ against a 1000$ you should've made which is crazy if you ask me.
I don't use any of these services gladly cause I wouldn't be happen with paying that high of a fee.
Pages:
Jump to: