Pages:
Author

Topic: ECCoin (ECC) Takeover by Trusted-Cryptos Team [Griffith] - page 13. (Read 91207 times)

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
i will be looking at this carefully. thank you.

Edit: holy shit this is great. thank you very much. this will help me a ton in many different ways. (i will also try to see if i can think of a fix for this PoS problem)

Trying to get as many devs as possible to form defenses to protect POS coins.
Zeit Dev Rent_A_Ray has mentioned lower the nMaxClockDrift to 10 or 5 minutes. as one thing that needs to be done. You can reach him at [email protected], still waiting for a reply from mint programmer to see if he will join in the efforts.

Cool

legendary
Activity: 1400
There has been some recent events that could affect the security of POS coins.
Their is a group of individuals forming that plan to intentionally attack POS coins.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cleanup-ill-attack-some-coins-i-owned-apexcoin-for-90-blocks-897493
And it looks like they have been successful in attacking Apexcoin with an attack.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/apex/

Don't know if it would be a concern for ECC, but post it so you would know what they are up too.

Cool

i will be looking at this carefully. thank you.

Edit: holy shit this is great. thank you very much. this will help me a ton in many different ways. (i will also try to see if i can think of a fix for this PoS problem)
legendary
There has been some recent events that could affect the security of POS coins.
Their is a group of individuals forming that plan to intentionally attack POS coins.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cleanup-ill-attack-some-coins-i-owned-apexcoin-for-90-blocks-897493
And it looks like they have been successful in attacking Apexcoin with an attack.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/apex/

Don't know if it would be a concern for ECC, but post it so you would know what they are up too.

Cool
legendary
Can you add mirror for Wallet? I think no one from CIS region can download from off. site.

CIS region? where about in the world is that so that we can potentially fix the problem? and yes we can upload the wallets to another website as well. expect them to be up somewhere else within 24 hours.
Activity: 118
Merit: 100
Can you add mirror for Wallet? I think no one from CIS region can download from off. site.
legendary
Hi

I can't build the 2.2.0 daemon on my ubuntu. I get following error:
obj/main.o: In function `std::map, std::allocator > >::insert(std::pair const&)':
/usr/include/c++/4.8/bits/stl_map.h:595: undefined reference to `ConfirmedBlocksWaitingOnDonate'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [eccoind] Error 1

Thanks for the help

Athuros

you are building QT-gui or the daemon?

if it is the daemon then it is more than likely because i forgot to update the makefiles for those

I tried to build the daemon

alright i will go and fix the makefiles. they are all missing the linking of donation.o in that list of object files

Thanks for your fix. There is still a little cosmetic bug. In the getinfo repsonse version is still v2.1.0.0

Athuros

to fix this. before recompiling make clean. so basically go back into your ECCoin src folder.

(assuming ur on linux)

make clean -f makefile.unix

then remake:

make -f makefile.unix

doing that will fix the version error
legendary
ok guys. the starting coins available to mine are listed on

http://www.primetimepool.net/index.html

to be honest i suck at web design. sooo.... even making that was kinda of a challenge for me and i will have others look at it and clean it up over the next few days while we are in beta phase. if you want to help test the system connect your miners to etiher the scrypt or x11 ports (or a supported coin) and lets see if everything works the way it should. i would love if you all could at least look at the website and tell me what functionality you would like to see on the website and report anything that is unclear or misspelled or whatever.

PLEASE NOTE: due to the fact that we are doing beta testing on a system i wrote from pretty much scratch. i can guess that you will be paid, but i cannot guarantee it until after i say the system is out of beta. (probably 1 week from today). the whole point of the beta is to find blocks to see if they distribute correctly and evenly to the users who helped mine them. i cannot guarentee pay because this may not do what it was supposed to do.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Hi

obj/main.o: In function `std::map, std::allocator > >::insert(std::pair const&)':
/usr/include/c++/4.8/bits/stl_map.h:595: undefined reference to `ConfirmedBlocksWaitingOnDonate'

Thanks for the help

Athuros

if it is the daemon then it is more than likely because i forgot to update the makefiles for those

alright i will go and fix the makefiles. they are all missing the linking of donation.o in that list of object files

Thanks for your fix. There is still a little cosmetic bug. In the getinfo repsonse version is still v2.1.0.0

Athuros
legendary
Hi

Thanks for the help

Athuros

Hi

Thanks for the help

Athuros

legendary
Hi

Thanks for the help

Athuros

Hi

Thanks for the help

Athuros
legendary
Angry
swisscex has dropped ecc/ltc  trading  Sad  Huh

any news on any new trade sites
its time to get ecc back into the satoshi market

agree ?  Kiss

i just found that they closed it this morning without notice. we will be looking for another exchange to support ECCcoin trading. in the mean time there is allcoin to trade on.
Activity: 257
Merit: 250
[insert trending meme] 人
 Angry
swisscex has dropped ecc/ltc  trading  Sad  Huh

any news on any new trade sites
its time to get ecc back into the satoshi market

agree ?  Kiss
legendary
Hello,

The best way to find the checkpoints is in the source code. This is the link to the file, it starts at Line 28  https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/blob/master/src/checkpoints.cpp .

**The getcheckpoint command is not activated in the wallet code.

Thanks.

Kiklo
legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
Question for Dev,

In some earlier posts , it was mentioned that checkpoints were added.

But when I run getcheckpoint it says,
Welcome to the ECCoin RPC console.
Use up and down arrows to navigate history, and Ctrl-L to clear screen.
Type help for an overview of available commands.
getcheckpoint
{
"synccheckpoint" : "a60ac43c88dbc44b826cf315352a8a7b373d2af8b6e1c4c4a0638859c5e9ecd1",
"height" : 0,
"timestamp" : "2014-03-02 07:11:47 UTC"
}

It looks like no checkpoints since the original block. So is getcheckpoint command not reporting the updated checkpoints , or is there another way to show the updated checkpoints?

Thanks.
 Cool

Hello,

The best way to find the checkpoints is in the source code. This is the link to the file, it starts at Line 28  https://github.com/Greg-Griffith/ECCoin/blob/master/src/checkpoints.cpp .

**The getcheckpoint command is not activated in the wallet code.
legendary
Question for Dev,

In some earlier posts , it was mentioned that checkpoints were added.

But when I run getcheckpoint it says,
Welcome to the ECCoin RPC console.
Use up and down arrows to navigate history, and Ctrl-L to clear screen.
Type help for an overview of available commands.
getcheckpoint
{
"synccheckpoint" : "a60ac43c88dbc44b826cf315352a8a7b373d2af8b6e1c4c4a0638859c5e9ecd1",
"height" : 0,
"timestamp" : "2014-03-02 07:11:47 UTC"
}

It looks like no checkpoints since the original block. So is getcheckpoint command not reporting the updated checkpoints , or is there another way to show the updated checkpoints?

Thanks.
 Cool

Activity: 629
Merit: 500
Ponderously ruminative
Purses v2.2.0.0 are full  signal Number of 0 can not be synchronized Huh

Hi huige007

Use the download linked from here. mdtspain has already provided a blockchain complete to December 2014.

That should fix your sync problems Smiley

If you are having translation problems just say so here and we'll try to post instructions that translate more easily Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003

I don't understand what you are trying to say/ask. Please explain so we can help you out
Activity: 887
Merit: 253
Pages:
Jump to: