Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Totalitarianism - page 25. (Read 345738 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
April 02, 2016, 12:15:18 PM

1) Work to limit debt (easier said then done).

Debt is already taken in your name without your consent. It's called national debt, just look at your countries debt, and you will see, regardless of what country you live in.

Actually, in at least one sense that is not true.  Government debt (financed by the Fed) was never meant to be paid off!  If they DO pay the debt down, they, in essence, have to withdraw FRNs from the economy, inviting DEFLATION, which no/few banksters want.

If you are concerned about the Debt (which I am), try gold!  The antidote for debt.  It is NO ONE's liability.  Once you have bought gold with your FRNs, you have already been paid!
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
April 02, 2016, 12:13:42 PM
Below are the strategies I am pursuing to survive Economic Totalitarianism

2) Avoid substantial property investments in cities with large numbers of impoverished or uneducated residents.
3) Own a small amount of gold and bitcoin.

I would instead suggest following Martin Armstrong and investing in the US stock market when he gives the go signal. Also buying corporate bonds as he is shouting now to do. Bitcoin and gold probably haven't bottomed yet. You are probably premature. Armstrong continues to hit every prediction exactly. I don't understand the skepticism.

4) Prioritize the education of children especially skills that facilitate independence from the state. For me this means Chinese lessons and coding lessons for all my children.

English will be the language of international business because we need a common language and it is the defacto default. Also the coding geeks are driving the global economy and we demand fluent English speakers. I don't know why anyone would want to adopt the Communist/conformist culture and language. Encouraging them to marry a Chinese man? I love my kids and are proud of them but I'd prefer not to have kids with an Asian again, because of the inferior IQ (at the right tail) and conformance to authority genes (there is a study where Asian babies don't have a strong gag reflex to right off having their nose covered, although my daughter seems to have in large part not inherited that or the filipinos may not carry that same trait). And I started off in life being anti-racist, and still am but I am also pragmatic about statistical facts.

5) Establish a strong moral foundation in your household (religion helps here).

With boys I'd prefer not to instill this religion delusion (but then that sort of makes it impossible to enforce on the girls if the men in the family also don't subscribe to the delusion), but with girls in the USA I can understand it is necessary to have an alternative structure to the their indoctrination via the media and public schools because females are typically incapable of long-range discernment on social indoctrination.

I grew an atheist even though my grandparents wanted me to be a Baptist. Around 2006 I tried becoming a Christian. It destroyed my life because instead of taking responsibility for myself, I blamed everything on sin and God and entirely lost my moral compass (yes religion is an excuse to have no moral compass because we all will sin is what the Bible says). My life has been improving since I regained my rationality.

Having said that, I don't spew venom against those who believe in a God. I can't falsify it.

I do not dispute the fact that gold and bitcoin might be premature but they both essentially lack counterparty risks (especially gold). This is appealing to me even if they underperform the US stock market over the short or even medium term. I view both of these more as mechanisms of wealth preservation rather than investments.   

Chinese is useful because it allows one to market to and interact with what will become the largest global economy. I agree it should be prioritized below English or coding.

Why do you think Asians have  inferior IQ (at the right tail)? I have not looked into it in depth but the studies I have seen show that East Asians (Japanese, Chinese, Koreans) overall have a very high IQ.

If you cannot falsify something then it is an error to call it a delusion for the term delusion implies logical or empirical falsifiability. I have written my thoughts on religion in Atheism and Health. I agree that not all religions are equally rational or equally healthy. Men are also indoctrinated via the media and public schools.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
April 02, 2016, 11:48:34 AM

Debt is already taken in your name without your consent. It's called national debt, just look at your countries debt, and you will see, regardless of what country you live in.
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
April 02, 2016, 10:16:15 AM

2) Avoid substantial property investments in cities with large numbers of impoverished or uneducated residents.

I would instead suggest following Martin Armstrong and investing in the US stock market when he gives the go signal. Also buying corporate bonds as he is shouting now to do. Bitcoin and gold probably haven't bottomed yet. You are probably premature. Armstrong continues to hit every prediction exactly. I don't understand the skepticism.

4) Prioritize the education of children especially skills that facilitate independence from the state. For me this means Chinese lessons and coding lessons for all my children.

English will be the language of international business because we need a common language and it is the defacto default. Also the coding geeks are driving the global economy and we demand fluent English speakers. I don't know why anyone would want to adopt the Communist/conformist culture and language. Encouraging them to marry a Chinese man? I love my kids and are proud of them but I'd prefer not to have kids with an Asian again, because of the inferior IQ (at the right tail) and conformance to authority genes (there is a study where Asian babies don't have a strong gag reflex to fight off having their nose covered, although my daughter seems to have in large part not inherited that or the filipinos may not carry that same trait). And I started off in life being anti-racist, and still am but I am also pragmatic about statistical facts.

With boys I'd prefer not to instill this religion delusion (but then that sort of makes it impossible to enforce on the girls if the men in the family also don't subscribe to the delusion), but with girls in the USA I can understand it is necessary to have an alternative structure to the their indoctrination via the media and public schools because females are typically incapable of long-range discernment on social indoctrination.

I grew up an atheist even though my grandparents wanted me to be a Baptist. Around 2006 I tried becoming a nondenominational Christian. It destroyed my life because instead of taking responsibility for myself, I blamed everything on sin and God and entirely lost my moral compass (yes religion is an excuse to have no moral compass because we all will sin is what the Bible says). My life has been improving since I regained my rationality.

Having said that, I don't spew venom against those who believe in a God. I can't falsify it.
legendary
April 01, 2016, 11:54:52 PM
EDIT: Your five suggestions are all good.  Our (one) kid is trilingual (Spanish & French), but fuggitaboutit teaching her Mandarin, or *shudder* coding...

Staying out of debt is (properly) at No. 1 on your list.

May large cities on the coasts in the USA have Chinese school which is essentially 2-4 hour Saturday school.

There are options now for teaching your children coding for parents who like me are coding illiterate. Below is the one I am using.

https://www.codingwithkids.com/#!/
legendary
April 01, 2016, 11:45:57 PM

This thread is actually in honor of CoinCube (who started the very popular "Economic Devastation" thread).

Smiley

But, that thread wanders into difficult philosophical terrain, and I am interested in hearing opinions (practical!) re what we can do about "Economic Totalitarianism":

Ha ha you hit the nail on the head with this one.

I standby my prior statement that a separate thread for practical solutions was a great and needed idea  Smiley

Smiley

I have been reviewing your thread, CC.  I have not been contributing.  Instead, I run off like a scaredy-cat.  

Just be thankful I am not screaming when I flee...

I note that in the past day or two (well as of the last I visited this afternoon) that Mighty TPTB has not chipped in any remarks re Orch OR or quantum consciousness...  Maybe you've found a subject he not an expert on.

Carry on then.  Maybe Mon or Tues I'll buy some gold.

EDIT: Your five suggestions are all good.  Our (one) kid is trilingual (Spanish & French), but fuggitaboutit teaching her Mandarin, or *shudder* coding...

Staying out of debt is (properly) at No. 1 on your list.
legendary
April 01, 2016, 11:45:06 PM

legendary
April 01, 2016, 11:04:25 PM

This thread is actually in honor of CoinCube (who started the very popular "Economic Devastation" thread).

Smiley

But, that thread wanders into difficult philosophical terrain, and I am interested in hearing opinions (practical!) re what we can do about "Economic Totalitarianism":

Ha ha you hit the nail on the head with this one.

I standby my prior statement that a separate thread for practical solutions was a great and needed idea  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
April 01, 2016, 11:01:30 PM

trollercoaster's link reminds us (Americans and others NOT from Europe) that there is relatively little time to go and see Europe as tourists before it changes completely.

Some 10 years ago our daughter was studying for a semester in France.  We went to visit her in Paris, and things had really changed in just the five or so years before that.

France is/was on the way to becoming a Muslim Majority by 2040 or so (year might be wrong, but you get the idea).  So get you & your kids or grandkids over there before Europe as we know it disappears forever.

I have been trying to get relatives to leave Europe, it's like they have their heads in the sand.

I probably should have visited, but it's really dropped off from my list of toursit destinations.
legendary
April 01, 2016, 10:47:33 PM

trollercoaster's link reminds us (Americans and others NOT from Europe) that there is relatively little time to go and see Europe as tourists before it changes completely.

Some 10 years ago our daughter was studying for a semester in France.  We went to visit her in Paris, and things had really changed in just the five or so years before that.

France is/was on the way to becoming a Muslim Majority by 2040 or so (year might be wrong, but you get the idea).  So get you & your kids or grandkids over there before Europe as we know it disappears forever.
legendary
March 31, 2016, 01:19:53 AM

galdur

I am extremely concerned about the various mishaps that could happen that would wreck our financial system, or even drive us into a totalitarian state.

There are already so many Swans up there flying that we can't even label many of them "Black", because we already know about them...  Yet, it is usually the Black Swans that hit the hardest, as they are considered so unlikely and unpredictable (by Taleb's definition).

These are scary times, and LOTS can go wrong.  Knowing this is one of the reasons I joined bitcointalk and bought BTC.  Gold too.

"Financial Tai Chi"
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
March 30, 2016, 03:49:12 PM
Yellen Outsources U.S. Monetary Policy to the Financial Markets

The Federal Reserve looks to have outsourced monetary policy to the financial markets -- and that may not necessarily be bad.
Fed Chair Janet Yellen told the Economic Club of New York on Tuesday that policy makers had scaled back the number of interest rate increases they expect to carry out this year after investors did the same.
She argued that the downgrading of rate expectations in the market had led to lower bond yields, providing the economy with needed support in the face of weaker growth overseas. The Fed then followed suit this month by reducing its anticipated rate hikes in 2016 to two from four quarter-percentage point moves projected in December.....more

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-03-30/yellen-outsources-u-s-monetary-policy-to-the-financial-markets
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
March 30, 2016, 03:47:01 PM
2007 All Over Again, Part 4: “We Are Outsourcing Our Monetary Policy”

by John Rubino on March 30, 2016

In that deservedly-famous 2006 CNBC debate between Peter Schiff and economist Arthur Laffer (in which the latter manages to be both arrogant and wrong about literally everything), Laffer celebrates the fact that “we are outsourcing our monetary policy to China” (minute 5:17). much more...

http://dollarcollapse.com/monetary-policy-2/2007-all-over-again-part-4-we-are-outsourcing-our-monetary-policy/
legendary
March 30, 2016, 12:37:28 PM

I heard on CNBS [sic] today that Apple is trying to find out how the FBI cracked its way into the infamous San Bernardino iPhone (used by the terrorist).  And then plug that security hole.

Apparently Apple is going to up the stakes by strengthening their encryption even more.  They are also looking at stronger cyber-defenses of their iCloud.

If (and a "Big If") the above is true, AAPL is beginning to look more like a country (or an independent multinational taht at least under some circumstances can act as it so chooses).  Which in the case of privacy is OK with me.
March 30, 2016, 02:00:00 AM

Armstrong comes out with a piece getting a LOT of notice:

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/north_america/when-will-trump-be-assassinated/

It is typical of The-Powers-That-Be to assassinate serious threats to their power.  This one is getting a lot of notice, especially at Zero Hedge.

Should Trump be taken out, we ought not be surprised if there is a lot of violence thereafter...  

Astroturf is their modus operandi. See the Tedx talk YouTube by Sharyl Attkisson:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-03-28/top-german-journalist-admits-mainstream-media-completely-fake-we-all-lie-cia

Snowden Sums Up The Presidential Campaign With Just One Tweet
March 27, 2016, 03:13:13 PM
TPTB will shut down this joke of a coin network in one hour if they think Bitcoin a threat.

TPTB created Bitcoin. Have you not seen what Larry Summers is up to:

They won't kill their masterplan to undermine existing financial systems with Bitcoin to drive the world towards eliminating physical cash.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
March 27, 2016, 01:39:45 AM
Foundries getting gag orders is not a realistic problem.  It is difficult to enforce a U.S. court order on a Taiwan company.  If you have their cooperation, it doesn't matter anyhow because it's easy to read the chip, and see if it contains deviations from the masks.  It is very open to review.
Any thoughts about this?

From https://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2013/09/surreptitiously.html
Basically, you can tamper with a logic gate to be either stuck-on or stuck-off by changing the doping of one transistor. This sort of sabotage is undetectable by functional testing or optical inspection. And it can be done at mask generation -- very late in the design process -- since it does not require adding circuits, changing the circuit layout, or anything else. All this makes it really hard to detect.
Activity: 208
Merit: 103
March 26, 2016, 10:40:43 AM
Stepping aside from the conversation for a moment:

New Tech Shows Why You Can't Trust Anything You See on the News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKkuWX406q4&feature=youtu.be

"...Our goal is to animate the facial expressions of the target video by a source actor and re-render the manipulated output video in a photo-realistic fashion..."
http://www.graphics.stanford.edu/~niessner/thies2016face.html

Pages:
Jump to: