Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Totalitarianism - page 78. (Read 345738 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
August 22, 2015, 10:41:31 PM

TPTB & username18333

I do not hold gold to trade it.  "Paper gold" is worth less to me than the real thing.  So for me to monkey around with the GLD (etc.) is a non-starter.  I have plenty of paper investments (stocks, bonds, etc.; that are really electrons in other peoples' computers).

My gold's role is to help me imitate the Old Rich Families in Europe: pass it down through the generations.

But, however, my wife has put the boot down: No More Gold!  Which means no more...  So, if all the other assets go up (dubious), then my gold %-age holdings go down.  If gold goes WAY UP (say to $5000 in real 2015 dollars), yeah, OK, I will sell some.  Some.

Rest easy (TPTB) that my gold is a small portion of my overall holdings, I thought I had explained that earlier.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Knowledge could but approximate existence.
August 22, 2015, 10:37:34 PM
With respect, TPTB, there's no way I am selling my gold.  5000 years + suggests a prudent holding is just smart.

Humans are attracted to the physical properties of gold, and rhetoric (e.g., that which convinces one to hoard the immaterial) could not supplant those properties.
August 22, 2015, 10:28:11 PM

I know the hardware is compromised but not to the degree you are thinking.

Quote from: Maxine Cheung link=http://www.techspot.com/news/40246-intels-sandy-bridge-processors-slated-for-early-2011.html
With Intel anti-theft technology built into Sandy Bridge, Allen said users can set it up so that if their laptop gets lost or stolen, it can be shut down remotely. The microprocessor also comes with enhanced recovery and patching capabilities.

The "NWO" (TPTB_need_war) [i.e., plutocracy] could engineer remote shutdown for "users" (Cheung) but not [for] themselves‽

(And the "field test" is over.)
(Additions original to outermost citation.)
Activity: 420
Merit: 262
August 22, 2015, 10:27:24 PM
I am not pushing CC. It was just a request based on a desire to conserve my time. He responded indicating that it is not necessary for me to defend my prior work. I assume that means he won't let it run amok there while I am gone.

Ahem. Gold was useless when bronze slabs were money in the earlier times. Please don't get fooled by the gold promoters. They want you to believe gold was perennial.

Marriage to an investment is the sign of irrationality. You can get twice as much gold for your money in Spring.

If you are truly using gold as a hedge, then you should reduce it to standard advice which is about 1% of LIQUID networth, meaning don't count any real estate.

Then you can buy more on the low when it has dropped to a lower % of liquid networth.

Every asset should be rebalanced when it rises in price. That is good portfolio management.

That is why holding all gold as physical is not wise. Some should be held as paper gold so you can trade it, at least while there is no danger yet in the USA of confiscation until at least 2018.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
August 22, 2015, 10:18:15 PM

With respect, TPTB, there's no way I am selling my gold.  5000 years + suggests a prudent holding is just smart.

I am less able to predict the future than you are.  You are an able and very smart programmer and observer.  Which is great, most of the points you raise re the Knowledge Age seem about right.

But, it may not happen.  No one knows.  Diversification.

But, I keep an eye on what you and M.A. write, because there appears to be truth there.

TPTB!  Please don't push CC to close his thread!  His thread runs excellent interference for mine, helps keep things almost on track around here...

Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
August 22, 2015, 06:06:25 PM
MT & OROBTC, you should stop with the gold delusion and sell on this bounce while you still have the chance.

There is no suppression of the gold price. All that nonsense.

The intangible world is going to obliterate the tangible world in terms of relative value.
Activity: 268
Merit: 256
August 22, 2015, 04:28:44 PM
"The only way to win is to bankrupt the totalitarianism."

No. Ripley proposes an elegant solution:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCbfMkh940Q
Unfortunately, collateral damage would void the result.
If you think I am joking, you have yet to fully comprehend the problem.

That which I have been assessing for a couple of years is beginning to inform debate:
http://www.firstrebuttal.com/the-feds-fatal-flaw-a-predictable-end/
"The monetary system enacted in 1913 (and all fiat monetary systems),
issuing currency backed by interest bearing indenture, was fatally flawed due to a
requirement for its very survival to create an ever-increasing stock of money,
without also providing the means for perfect investment,
resulting in a system where debt ultimately consumes all profits and labour
over time. A system only a banker could love. Because such a system is predicated on
devaluation (by its requirement for perpetual growth in money stock) and because that
sealed its fate, the system's end was perfectly predictable upon its inception."[1]
http://www.salientpartners.com/epsilontheory/post/2015/03/16/troy-will-burn-the-big-deal-about-big-data
"Today a handful of hedge funds use Big Data to identify investor behavioral patterns
so that certain investors can be crushed. Today Big Data is primarily an instrument of
social information gathering, with a powerful but punctuated impact on those individuals on
the receiving end of a drone strike or a targeted trade. Tomorrow a handful of governments
will influence aggregate political behaviors by triggering small communications that
Big Data tells them will be voluntarily magnified by individual citizens, snowballing into
outsized, long-lasting, and untraceable "popular" actions. Tomorrow a handful of hedge funds
will influence aggregate market behaviors by triggering small trades that Big Data tells
them will be voluntarily magnified by individual traders, snowballing into outsized, l
ong-lasting, and untraceable "market" actions. Tomorrow Big Data will be primarily an
instrument of social control, with a powerful and ubiquitous impact on all citizens and all
investors."

I *think* I finally figured out *what* to do. That still leaves many things
to be solved including the *when* and *how*.

I will mention that I see early 2013 differently from MA. The key event was the cleavage
of MIC-space from Bank-space and People-space, evidenced by the NSA's (correct) belief
that it could lie to Congress without penalty. Mr Snowden's response moved him personally,
and thus People-space, into TPTB-space. TPTB-space moves between all three other spaces.

Thus the event that plays out later this year may be MIC-space crushing Bank-space.
If that happens the result could be the first war in history where the Bankers do
not emerge as victors. To be fair though, if Bank-space implodes, MIC-space will get sucked in.

Timing the response is difficult. Too soon and the cure is worse than the disease.
I will need some programming and math work done if I decide to do this. But if I
don't do this someone else will. Time for the US economy has almost run out.

[1]@OROBTC - if you haven't read this already, it is worth a read.
http://www.levyinstitute.org/files/download.php?file=wp309.pdf&pubid=157
August 22, 2015, 11:56:50 AM
Completed the network design portion of the white paper. There are 3 separate networks in my design compared to only one (afaik) in Bitcoin.

The DoS and Sybil attack resistance is much superior in my design so we can avoid the heuristic hacks that Maxwell put in Bitcoin.

In short everything is much better than Bitcoin at every aspect of the design. Bitcoin killer on the way...

Btw, we should remember Maxwell's excellent research on the Supreme Court decisions which asserted that privacy of money is essential to civil liberty.

The government regulation of crypto-currency is on the march.

P.S. If I seem moody or curt, perhaps it is because I've only eaten 2 egg yolks 40 hours into a fast which I intend to continue for week or weeks under the theory that ketogenesis will eat the bad prions which are sending chemicals to my brain to cause the brain to stop feeding itself glucose so the prions can get more glucose. Apparently the prions can't eat ketones but the brain can even it has been programmed by the prions to self-starve glucose. I need to get 100% healthy so I can code at my full capability.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
August 21, 2015, 09:58:55 PM
Mircea Popescu is an overconfident idiot. This applies to solutions to the coming totalitarianism. Follow him at your peril.

lol
August 21, 2015, 08:29:58 PM
Mircea Popescu is an overconfident idiot. This applies to solutions to the coming totalitarianism. Follow him at your peril.
August 21, 2015, 06:17:23 PM
Mega threads can be banned if they subsume the forum into a groupthink. So keep that in mind when posting in this thread. Redundant arguments should be avoided.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
August 21, 2015, 04:21:34 PM
For satellites future!
August 21, 2015, 03:55:49 PM
It is trolling to stalk someone and reply to everyone of their posts (in multiple threads e.g. this one, Martin Armstrong, and Economic Devastation; and always within seconds after I post!) and usually when I am not speaking to that person nor is he trying to reasonably engage in discussion but rather Hitler force his concept of life over and over and over and over on multiple threads (never any other points from him, just the same point). And to post the same redundant point-of-view that is entirely inconsistent with how virtually everyone else in the world views the purpose of life.

1. You post most often to those threads, hence you receive these replies most often.

2. You receive the posts as identical because they have all been (as your description would indicate) wholly incomprehensible to you.

3. Yours is an argumentum ad populum.

Quote from: Epicurus (341‒270 BCE)
I have never wished to cater to the crowd; for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know.
August 21, 2015, 03:48:26 PM
[...]

[...]

Quote from: iamback a.k.a. AnonyMint
Financeability of Knowledge

As explained in the “Economy of Knowledge” and “Energy of Knowledge” sections, knowledge doesn't exist now if it isn't dynamically adaptable in the future. The only systems in nature which can do this, are those that are composed of autonomous agents without top-down control, e.g. ant colonies, the neurons and synapses of the human brain, free markets, and unregulated social networks.

[...]

[...]
(Colorization mine.)

Some aspects of the brain, of thought etc are hierarchical, some are not.

Quote from: Carole L. Crumley. “Heterarchy and the Analysis of Complex Societies.” 2004. 3. Web. 20 Apr. 2015.
Heterarchy may be defined as the relation of elements to one another when they are unranked or when they possess the potential for being ranked in a number of different ways.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
August 21, 2015, 03:39:35 PM

Bravo! .  Grin

Was debating whether to read this or to keep watching Mad max--think I made the right choice. When you talk about micro payments (Monero, no?  Sad), I was think of how a site like soundcloud could benefit from penny (or fraction of a penny) listen fees--they only play 15 second adds every half hour or so, but as more manufacturing moves directly to the consumer, it would make more sense to replace that meager sum with micropayents--and since so much of their best content are covers--this would allow the original artist to gain the lion share while those who tweak their work would also benefit and help the original work to stay fresh. The profit division would be content originator, content distributor/centralizer, and sometimes, content  editor. It's mind boggling simple and the efficiency gains are ridiculous.
Pages:
Jump to: