Pages:
Author

Topic: Economic Totalitarianism - page 95. (Read 345738 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 262
August 01, 2015, 03:26:34 PM
Does anyone know this "300%" asset Casey is referring to? He says it isn't silver. And what is this tax strategy he is referring to?

https://www.caseyresearch.com/cm/how-to-survive-a-real-currency-collapse

Today, most Americans know absolutely nothing about, let alone own, this incredibly valuable asset. This has nothing to do with gold coins, silver, collectibles, or real estate of any kind, yet it could be the single most important step you take to preserve your wealth.

That’s why I’d like to tell you about another form of currency that retains its value like gold does, only, it’s not as expensive (it, too, has retained its value through all of history’s worst crises).

I’m talking, of course, about silver.

Americans are finally starting to wake up to the fact that silver is real money… and one of the few forms of protection against reckless and irresponsible government spending.

Did you know, for example, that after the banking collapse in 2008 investors purchased 20-times more Silver Eagle coins than Gold Eagles?

And get this: Last year (2014) was a record year for Silver Eagle coins sales. The U.S. Mint sold more Silver Eagles in 2014 than in any year prior. Over the past 5 years, the sales of Silver Eagles have outpaced Gold Eagles by 300%.

And here’s the best thing about silver…

Should the “you-know-what” hit the fan… silver is going to be much more practical than gold for day-to-day purchases. You see, because silver is far less valuable, it is actually far more useful than gold for buying small, day-to-day items during a crisis.

You could buy canned goods with one silver coin at the grocery store. Then you could buy diapers at the drugstore with another silver coin.

You can’t do that with gold.

It’s also safer to carry silver during a crisis. There’s a saying that “gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen.” You don’t want to look like a king during a monetary crisis.

That’s why silver will be absolutely essential for day-to-day life during a currency crisis.

Yes, gold is the ultimate store of wealth… just make sure you own some silver too.

That’s why my firm has done a ton of research on this precious metal. We have found great ways to buy and hold the metal personally… to have it stored in a secure location in the United States and overseas.

We recently found what might be the single greatest tax loophole in America—ever.

I’m talking about way to essentially (and legally) remove yourself from the federal and state tax code, without leaving America—AND exempt yourself from paying taxes on dividends, interest, and capital gains, too.

No, I’m not talking about giving up your citizenship, or anything as drastic as that.

But still, this course of action is certainly not for everyone. It requires a major change in lifestyle. But it is a very real option.

The reality is, there’s no telling how bad things are going to get as the government continues its gross overreach upon the American public. This is an option every American, at the very least, should be aware of. I personally think it will make sense for a lot of people.

Several of my friends and colleagues have already taken advantage of this strategy. So have some of America’s richest investors and retirees including billionaire John Paulson and Nicholas Prouty, who runs private equity firm Putnam Bridge.

I’m seriously considering it too as an option down the road.

I’ve even read in the New York Times that the tax savings could add up to at least in the six figures every single year, depending on your income.

I don’t want to say any more about it than that, here in this letter. The truth is, the fewer people who know about this, the better.
August 01, 2015, 04:50:31 AM
Engineering is attention to detail:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZ2z42pWBbc

And pride in seeing others use the creation (listen to the lead developer express his admiration):

https://youtu.be/uZ2z42pWBbc?t=1871
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Knowledge could but approximate existence.
August 01, 2015, 12:41:16 AM
Your nestmann link taught me something I did not know but makes perfect sense (blue from the link):

One anonymous ex-IRS attorney says:

Almost every large firm or corporation has a person inside the IRS. It’s a revolving door, with the top two or three management layers all from big accounting and law firms, and this is why they won’t work big billion-dollar cases criminally. Private bar attorneys are, in effect, controlling the IRS. It’s a type of corruption – that’s the word used by one IRS agent I’m in touch with whose case was shut down by higher ups without cause.

THAT makes perfect sense.  Companies with their own good ol boyz inside the machine.

Quote from: Plato, _Euthyphro_, 380 BCE
Soc. We shall know better, my good friend, in a little while. The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the [capital] or [money] is beloved by the [1‱] because it is [money], or [money] because it is beloved of the [1‱].
(Germaneness mine.)

(Hopefully, the classical proliferation of plutocratic government will become apparent before it becomes conspicuous. Should it, that shackle whereby one is bound thereto, centrally-distributed money, might be repudiated.)
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
August 01, 2015, 12:36:01 AM

Girls, girls, please...  Take it to another thread...  "The rest of us" will thank you.  Perhaps the "How Many Angels?" one...  Tongue

TPTB

Your nestmann link taught me something I did not know but makes perfect sense (blue from the link):

One anonymous ex-IRS attorney says:

Almost every large firm or corporation has a person inside the IRS. It’s a revolving door, with the top two or three management layers all from big accounting and law firms, and this is why they won’t work big billion-dollar cases criminally. Private bar attorneys are, in effect, controlling the IRS. It’s a type of corruption – that’s the word used by one IRS agent I’m in touch with whose case was shut down by higher ups without cause.

THAT makes perfect sense.  Companies with their own good ol boyz inside the machine.

TPTB's link from before (and source of above snip):

http://www.nestmann.com/why-the-irs-goes-after-the-minnows-and-ignores-the-whales#.VbxLLPlVhHw
August 01, 2015, 12:28:23 AM
Again increases in degrees-of-freedom doesn't have to be selfish even if it is physical. For example, if remove that obstacle that makes us all walk further than we need to.

Despite the harem his god had permitted him, Solomon is known to have pursued women his god would have him not have pursued. (I.e., maximization [in this case, of one's reproductive output] does not, necessarily, have a finite limit but could be a behavioral analog of a polynomial function.)
August 01, 2015, 12:25:20 AM
Everyone enjoins a better outcome.

Any (at least, physical) thing that someone else has is something I don't have. One doesn't see what it has, it sees what it could have (as your appeals imply).

Again increases in degrees-of-freedom doesn't have to be selfish even if it is physical. For example, if remove that obstacle that makes us all walk further than we need to.
August 01, 2015, 12:14:25 AM
Everyone enjoins a better outcome.

Any (at least, physical) thing that someone else has is something I don't have. One doesn't see what it has, it sees what it could have (as your appeals imply).

Quote from: Hesiod (ca. 750‒650 BCE), _Works and Days_, 700 BCE 
[380] More hands mean more work and more increase. If your heart within you desires wealth, do these things and work with work upon work. When the Pleiades, daughters of Atlas, are rising,1 begin your harvest, and your ploughing when they are going to set.2 [385] Forty nights and days they are hidden and appear again as the year moves round, when first you sharpen your sickle. This is the law of the plains, and of those who live near the sea, [390] and who inhabit rich country, the glens and hollows far from the tossing sea,—strip to sow and strip to plough and strip to reap, if you wish to get in all Demeter's fruits in due season, and that each kind may grow in its season.

(Note: your message is nothing new.)
August 01, 2015, 12:12:19 AM
Actually go read and learn before you reply. The Inverse Commons doesn't award winnership to any one party. Everyone enjoins a better outcome. And the winnings are decentralized, diversified. You have an entirely wrong and oversimplistic conceptualization. The degrees-of-freedom are being increased for everyone, that is what the win is.
August 01, 2015, 12:06:21 AM
Nonsense. Study again the concept of the Inverse Commons. The entire point is every one wins (degrees-of-freedom and entropy progresses towards maximum).

What you miss is that if someone else is "win[ning]" (TPTB_need_war) that means, to nature, that one is not "THE fittest" and, thus, has "lost" the game of survival. (Under natural selection, the reduction of a population of one merely means that the refinement of that population is optimal, thus, it [such selection] shall embed that end within populations [as has been observed in human tyranny].)
August 01, 2015, 12:04:09 AM
Maximal production is that production which is minimal for all others

Nonsense. Study again the concept of the Inverse Commons. The entire point is every one wins (degrees-of-freedom and entropy progresses towards maximum).
August 01, 2015, 12:01:09 AM
The Inverse Commons is a natural law that not only maintains order, it fosters maximum productivity. See the video I added from Linus Torvalds.

Maximal production is that production which is minimal for all others, for the loss of capital to another is more egregious than the loss of capital from oneself. (Thought: "survival of the fittest" as it contrasts with "survival of a fittest.")
July 31, 2015, 11:41:46 PM
The political strategy is to make politics (collectivized resource appropriation) less relevant so people are more in tune with what benefits them, i.e. Welcome to the Knowledge Age.

Where there is law, there is politics. Will your "Knowledge Age" (TPTB_need_war) maintain "law and order?"

The Inverse Commons is a natural law that not only maintains order, it fosters maximum productivity. See the video I added from Linus Torvalds.
July 31, 2015, 11:39:59 PM
The political strategy is to make politics (collectivized resource appropriation) less relevant so people are more in tune with what benefits them, i.e. Welcome to the Knowledge Age.

Where there is law, there is politics. Will your "Knowledge Age" (TPTB_need_war) maintain "law and order?"
July 31, 2015, 11:35:28 PM
You're missing my point.

Trust me, you are missing the point.

Facebook is used by a lot of users and the governments monitoring those users. I'm saying private networks won't work until there is a political/social will to move to those networks.

No, no, no. You'll never get there if you expect to teach people to prefer what they don't prefer. Never. You broke the fundamental rule of marketing.

To put it simple: either your network has to be better: easier to use and more efficient and more profitable...

Exactly. People have to want to use it because they like it better, makes them more productive, improves their profitability, gives them ways to do things which they are currently prevented from doing, etc..

That is why I said it all about doing the code to make that a reality. Not about politics.

And yes, making it incredibly easy-to-use. Now go study again my marketing of CoolPage. Who knows ease of use? And who knows what people want?

I am talking too much.

Politics is the art of convincing people of what they really want. Why you are conflating marketing into this is beyond me.  So make it better or use politics to get people to want it. But remember, that if the politically powerful want to control something, they aren't afraid, or above, using politics to get it.  So since there isn't a political strategy guiding any of this, I'll leave it alone--I was initially asking if there was one and where do i find it, but that got lost in the conversation.  Tongue You could have just said "no" or "not to my knowledge."

Some people refer to this transformation as an Inverse Commons:

http://www.catb.org/esr/writings/magic-cauldron/magic-cauldron-5.html

Somewhere in the following video Linus explains for example how the technology of decentralized version control eliminates the politics over whom gets commit rights:

https://youtu.be/4XpnKHJAok8?t=488 (haha)

https://youtu.be/4XpnKHJAok8?t=1114 ("most people are morons")  <------ Edit: this one and the next one apply to my point

https://youtu.be/4XpnKHJAok8?t=1648 ("most of you are incompetent", "there are some few who are outstanding", "hey that person is smarter than I am")
July 31, 2015, 11:24:12 PM
Politics is the art of convincing people of what they really want.

Quote from: Oda Nobunaga (1534‒82 CE)
If the cuckoo does not sing, kill it.

Quote from: Gaius Julius Caesar Germanicus (17‒41 CE)
I don’t care if they love me so long as they fear me.

(I’m convinced‼  Roll Eyes )
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
July 31, 2015, 11:18:20 PM
You're missing my point.

Trust me, you are missing the point.

Facebook is used by a lot of users and the governments monitoring those users. I'm saying private networks won't work until there is a political/social will to move to those networks.

No, no, no. You'll never get there if you expect to teach people to prefer what they don't prefer. Never. You broke the fundamental rule of marketing.

To put it simple: either your network has to be better: easier to use and more efficient and more profitable...

Exactly. People have to want to use it because they like it better, makes them more productive, improves their profitability, gives them ways to do things which they are currently prevented from doing, etc..

That is why I said it all about doing the code to make that a reality. Not about politics.

And yes, making it incredibly easy-to-use. Now go study again my marketing of CoolPage. Who knows ease of use? And who knows what people want?

I am talking too much.

Politics is the art of convincing people of what they really want. Why you are conflating marketing into this is beyond me.  So make it better or use politics to get people to want it. But remember, that if the politically powerful want to control something, they aren't afraid, or above, using politics to get it.  So since there isn't a political strategy guiding any of this, I'll leave it alone--I was initially asking if there was one and where do i find it, but that got lost in the conversation.  Tongue You could have just said "no" or "not to my knowledge."
July 31, 2015, 09:25:30 PM
...but there will always be bigger fish for them to harass.

Turning a list of millions of people over to the various tax agencies around the world for priorities audits is pretty easy way for them to harass people who are supporting the movements.

http://www.nestmann.com/why-the-irs-goes-after-the-minnows-and-ignores-the-whales

Death by a 1000 paper cuts.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
July 31, 2015, 09:06:00 PM
I created this account only for discussion in these threads, I don't intend to make it easy for anyone to track me, but I do take steps to hide my identity on here.
I think the three letter agencies will find me any way if it was truly in their interest, but there will always be bigger fish for them to harass.
July 31, 2015, 08:41:09 PM
I will email him today, I would definately purchase the report if it included cryptos.

If you don't use an anonymous email address, then you will have identified your forum account to certain three letter agencies. That is if your forum account was ever anonymous from them any way, which is unlikely given Tor isn't anonymous and I doubt you were using it any way (because for one thing this forum charges you Bitcoin if you try to signup a new account over Tor, which then provides another means to trace you...but I digress).
Pages:
Jump to: