Pages:
Author

Topic: Egad. 81,000 + Transactions Unconfirmed. Again. Ugh! - page 11. (Read 8826 times)

legendary
Activity: 950
Merit: 1000
there are a lot of problems in the network. I encountered one issue of the tx size expansion with one input and one output, whose size is 3.5k byte, insane.   
Activity: 2408
Merit: 564
I didn't about this but it looks like this problem has been always in the network. I knew it because when I had some transactions a while ago it has delay but I don't really take it very hard because I know after a few more minutes or hours my transaction will be confirmed. And upon checking my transaction is still on the queue.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823

As I write there is another huge number of transactions in limbo.

Time to solve this problem, guys (lead developers).  Shape-up and fix this.

I grow somewhat disenchanted w/ BTC, even w/ paying higher fee (when I can) or w/ acceleration.

They already have a solution. It is called Segwit. Thanks to politics and self interests of the people on top of the food chain it will never be activated. What you should be doing is tell the miners to shape up and make a move. Segwit or Bitcoin Unlimited? It is time to make their pick. Maybe they have other plans and will drag this stale mate for years.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004
The number of unconfirmed transactions reached 91k and is still growing. I never seen something like this, it's brutal.
But it happens every time when bitcoin price is soaring, the higher the price will be the higher number of unconfirmed transaction we will see.

So far this situation confirms one fact - Bitcoin is great store value asset, but mediocre payment system/currency.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010
https://www.bitcoin.com/
Oh no not again. Embarrassed
I just hope my send isn't one of those unconfirmed transactions.
I sent a $0.46 fee to send just $50 and that almost bare minimum blockchain.info told me I can send it and get it sent within 60 minutes.
Last time this happened it took 24 hours to get atleast 1 confirmation with the same amount sent as this one.
I thought they were getting this problem fixed with raising the transaction's miner fee before hand? Undecided
The amount you sent would not cause a problem, the size could be. If your transaction was made up of many inputs then the fee you added would not be enough.
Even with a single input transaction i would have doubled that fee.
Activity: 227
Merit: 100

I grow somewhat disenchanted w/ BTC, even w/ paying higher fee (when I can) or w/ acceleration.

Bitcoin scaling is imminent, we need to implement the new feature, no matter SegWit, BU or 8 MB, only scaling can solve the huge number of transactions issue. Slow speed and high transaction fees kill bitcoin's larger adoption.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Anytime BTC unconfirmed transactions are more 10,000 ,
I use LTC or Eth or Doge until it drops back down.

Cool
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
Oh no not again. Embarrassed
I just hope my send isn't one of those unconfirmed transactions.
I sent a $0.46 fee to send just $50 and that almost bare minimum blockchain.info told me I can send it and get it sent within 60 minutes.
Last time this happened it took 24 hours to get atleast 1 confirmation with the same amount sent as this one.
I thought they were getting this problem fixed with raising the transaction's miner fee before hand? Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

Pages:
Jump to: