Pages:
Author

Topic: Egad. 81,000 + Transactions Unconfirmed. Again. Ugh! - page 9. (Read 8826 times)

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
One of those transaction is mine.  I have an unconfirmed transaction for 24 hours, funny that even a 31k satoshi transaction fee is not enough now in sending a 0.015  BTC.  I wonder when will the developer fix this issue, when will they act together as one to fix the problem.  Are miners intentionally setting the transaction fee they pick up that high?
Obviously not. Because I intentionally put added a transaction fee of almost 50% worth of the sent amount towards it. So that is not the reasoning behind with which they choose to send depending on the fee amount put along with the sent amount for the transaction.
I did it as a test to see if it did but my findings show it definitely is not! Lips sealed

Does this mean that dev really need a tweak on the block size of Bitcoin to enable more transaction to be accommodated or activate segwit to enable offchain transactions for faster transfer?  If it is not the miner, definitely it is the block size, is it?
Activity: 798
Merit: 501
One of those transaction is mine.  I have an unconfirmed transaction for 24 hours, funny that even a 31k satoshi transaction fee is not enough now in sending a 0.015  BTC.  I wonder when will the developer fix this issue, when will they act together as one to fix the problem.  Are miners intentionally setting the transaction fee they pick up that high?
Obviously not. Because I intentionally put added a transaction fee of almost 50% worth of the sent amount towards it. So that is not the reasoning behind with which they choose to send depending on the fee amount put along with the sent amount for the transaction.
I did it as a test to see if it did but my findings show it definitely is not! Lips sealed
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
The enourmous amount of unconfirmed transactions is NOT acceptable, i think the devs have realized that they should do something,

but guess what, it seems they don´t care. Maby BTC was the first and original one, but wont be the one which will be used in the end ...

The fees are way to high AND the transactions take way to long to confirm!
Ok now. I just sent a $1 transaction and put $0.46 as a miners fee for the transaction to confirm in 10 minutes as they said at the bottom of the screen like it said it would after sending it.
60 minutes later nothing has been confirmed yet.
The thing was sent with 87 sat/B.
So what the hell now do these people have to say about sending enough for the miners fee to get it to confirm properly
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
with increasingly heavy demand on bitcoin more and more people are joining the network and its a good sign for us because more people means more opportunities and more opportunities means  better and improved lifestyle. so to make the network lag free our developers should really make a strong change in the system to make the network work smoothly.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
Anytime BTC unconfirmed transactions are more 10,000 ,
I use LTC or Eth or Doge until it drops back down.

So exactly what are you using BTC for that the others won't work?

- buy a game on steam
- pay for my VPN subscription  
- add money to my Microsoft account
- recharge my mobile
- buy something from OpenBazaar
- pay for lots of other small services
- buy giftcards that you seem to be so fund of.
- transfer money to someone else through bitcoin so that he can sell it easily all the way on the other side of the word and there is noone accepting altcoins for fiat there.

and many more that i can not think of right now (since the above are things that i have done but there are more), and none of them are possible with any of the altcoins. specially not with ETH Cheesy

I think you are missing the point at the moment your BTC Transfers is taking days, and may time out of the mempool , requiring you to resend.

bitpay.com converts BTC to a Debit card , which you can use to pay your stuff with NO WAIT.
- buy a game on steam
- recharge my mobile

As for your silly reference here:  transfer money to someone else through bitcoin so that he can sell it easily all the way on the other side of the word and there is noone accepting altcoins for fiat there.

If anyone is so stupid they can't convert LTC to BTC on an exchange and then cash out to Fiat from the exchange , They are too stupid to use Crypto
If BTC Transfers are not working , then you can't transfer BTC, Genius.  Tongue
Better mail a check to those poor posers.
Or use moneygram at walmart, it is faster than BTC : https://www.walmart.com/cp/online-money-transfers/1089406

Cool
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1032
All I know is that I know nothing.

- buy a game on steam
- recharge my mobile
- buy giftcards that you seem to be so fund of.
- transfer money to someone else through bitcoin so that he can sell it easily all the way on the other side of the word and there is noone accepting altcoins for fiat there.

and many more that i can not think of right now (since the above are things that i have done but there are more), and none of them are possible with any of the altcoins. specially not with ETH Cheesy
legendary
I can't buy with gift cards or them shitcoins you talk of that I buy or sell with BTC. What exactly? Has nothing to do with you I'm afraid.

No offense, considering those other coins are currently transferable and BTC is not,  you may want to reevaluate your definition of Shitcoin.

So what you are saying is you are doing something illegal, in that case you should be using Dash or Monero.

BTC transactions are traceable.  Cheesy

Cool
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

This pretty much defeats the purpose of having a cryptocurrency that is fast, cheap and reliable to use. Basically goes against everything bitcoin stands for.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544

As I write there is another huge number of transactions in limbo.

Time to solve this problem, guys (lead developers).  Shape-up and fix this.

I grow somewhat disenchanted w/ BTC, even w/ paying higher fee (when I can) or w/ acceleration.

Up to now there is no consensus as to how they will increase the blocksize. Some miners decided to use Block unlimited so they can mine properly but this king of method has many flaws. Its better that all miners should agree to adjust the blocksize to 8 mb but there are only 24% out of the total miner population that are into this.
Activity: 434
Merit: 251
physics, mathematics and engineering
The enourmous amount of unconfirmed transactions is NOT acceptable, i think the devs have realized that they should do something,

but guess what, it seems they don´t care. Maby BTC was the first and original one, but wont be the one which will be used in the end ...

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
It's pointless to complain each time mempools are stacked, because it's a certainty that it will happen again, again, again and again. Nothing will be done until the egos of certain pools are being put aside, where they start signalling support for Segwit. It's either to include a proper fee according to the situation so your transaction gets confirmed within a block or two perhaps three, or simply don't complain.
legendary
Activity: 952

Cool

I would to if there was actually any use for any of the above coins changing for fiat.

Be aware , when converting from Fiat to Crypto, you can use LTC or ETH and then after they arrive at the exchange convert to BTC on the exchange and then to FIAT, and if you need to send out to another exchange , convert back to LTC or ETh.  Save money on transaction fees also.

Cool

FYI:
If you are buying something retail , you are better off using a credit card or a gift card.  Smiley
When BTC is not overloaded, buy the gift cards with BTC that way no waiting when BTC is overloaded.  

I can't buy with gift cards or them shitcoins you talk of that I buy or sell with BTC. What exactly? Has nothing to do with you I'm afraid.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502

Cool

I would to if there was actually any use for any of the above coins changing for fiat.

Be aware , when converting from Fiat to Crypto, you can use LTC or ETH and then after they arrive at the exchange convert to BTC on the exchange and then to FIAT, and if you need to send out to another exchange , convert back to LTC or ETh.  Save money on transaction fees also.

Cool

FYI:
If you are buying something retail , you are better off using a credit card or a gift card.  Smiley
When BTC is not overloaded, buy the gift cards with BTC that way no waiting when BTC is overloaded.  
As suggested its good to use gift cards for commercial purchase right now, if the confirmation delay is a big issue. With the current price increase lot of sell order transactions might be there. This could have increased to a number above 80000.
legendary

Cool

Cool

FYI:
legendary
Activity: 952

Cool

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
we need to start making topics talking about solutions and how to force those solutions on miners.
That's the problem: we (the users) can't force miners to do anything! Even worse: we do the exact opposite: we compete on higher fees, and since most wallets use "dynamic fees" now, we all pay more and we're still waiting! Miners now get 10% of the block reward as fees, and it's growing, without processing more transactions.
Bitcoin can't grow without more transactions.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
The number of unconfirmed transactions reached 91k and is still growing. I never seen something like this, it's brutal.
But it happens every time when bitcoin price is soaring, the higher the price will be the higher number of unconfirmed transaction we will see.

So far this situation confirms one fact - Bitcoin is great store value asset, but mediocre payment system/currency.
I was able to see that one on which the unconfirmed transaction raises to 90k+ which is really high and anytime I saw this spam I eventually not making any transactions related on transferring bitcoins because I know even I will put high tx fee I would still need to wait for longer.How can this problem would be solved in longer runs.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1005
beware of your keys.
i guess the big activity of laundering the fund, because the way to remove the trace is to make a lot of unrelated transaction. hope this is gonna be solved within a couple of days.
Oh no not again. Embarrassed
I just hope my send isn't one of those unconfirmed transactions.
I sent a $0.46 fee to send just $50 and that almost bare minimum blockchain.info told me I can send it and get it sent within 60 minutes.
Last time this happened it took 24 hours to get atleast 1 confirmation with the same amount sent as this one.
I thought they were getting this problem fixed with raising the transaction's miner fee before hand? Undecided
The amount you sent would not cause a problem, the size could be. If your transaction was made up of many inputs then the fee you added would not be enough.
Even with a single input transaction i would have doubled that fee.
It did have 61 sat/B listed on the transaction from the 64 sat/B on the other transaction I did.
So yes I agree I should of added more to transaction fee so to get it to confirm in an appropriate timely manner.
I also wanted to pay the absolute bare minimum to do it though. Undecided
This is where the failure and doubtfulness comes into play with not knowing when these backlogs of confirmations will come into just wanting to get it sent within 24-48 hours before the rejection on the blockchain might occur.
Pages:
Jump to: