Pages:
Author

Topic: Egad. 81,000 + Transactions Unconfirmed. Again. Ugh! - page 7. (Read 8826 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217
Because the core team are selfish greedy pigs and think you are stupid as they try to ram their agenda down your throat instead of simply increasing the block size.

Their intentions are very questionable. There is a chance that they are trying to obstruct the popular adoption of Bitcoin by arguing against the Block size increase. In future, if the Block size remains at 1 MB, then there will be huge delays in confirming the transactions. So obviously people will dump Bitcoin and move to some other crypto-currency. Perhaps that is what these people want.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
I dont get why they just dont make block size 5MB or something now?

HD's have gone up since 2013 x3 or 5 in size, and cost about the same?

Satoshi had 33Mb blocks.

1MB is 1984 much.

why why why?

I mean this thing is supposed to run on fees from blocks,

I know the spam issue, but some spam is ok

Because the core team are selfish greedy pigs and think you are stupid as they try to ram their agenda down your throat instead of simply increasing the block size.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
We are looking at close to 100,000 unconfirmed at this point, these are crazy numbers!
With the price of bitcoin rising we are seeing the amount of unconfirmed transaction piling up at the moment i think this is the worst thing that is with bitcoin. The core developers are not making any changes with the increased usage and if it continues like this it will hurt bitcoin without any doubt.

Please stop posting in the forum then search for the threads about the scaling debate of Bitcoin. For your information the Core developers have released an upgrade with Segwit that allows more transactions to be allowed in a block. But for this to happen the miners must upgrade to v 0.13.2 to activate Segwit. It is now in the miners hands and not the Core developers.

Hmm,
unless you have not been paying attention the miners are refusing to allow the BTC core dev to STEAL their future transaction fees.

So segwit has been dead ever since it was offered, so the ball is back in BTC Core Hands ,

BTC Core can Update the Blasted BlockSize and move on, or we all agree BTC Core should be FIRED.
Because they are not doing shit to fix the transactions issues.

Cool
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
We are looking at close to 100,000 unconfirmed at this point, these are crazy numbers!
With the price of bitcoin rising we are seeing the amount of unconfirmed transaction piling up at the moment i think this is the worst thing that is with bitcoin. The core developers are not making any changes with the increased usage and if it continues like this it will hurt bitcoin without any doubt.

Please stop posting in the forum then search for the threads about the scaling debate of Bitcoin. For your information the Core developers have released an upgrade with Segwit that allows more transactions to be allowed in a block. But for this to happen the miners must upgrade to v 0.13.2 to activate Segwit. It is now in the miners hands and not the Core developers.

Activity: 291
Merit: 250
legendary
What about Bitcoin 2.0 ?

I mean tons of new fintech unsing the Bitcoin blockchain for implementing new services and new ways of doing things.. Imo THIS is the real revolution that gives value to BTC (fiat value/adoption/replacing old tech).

I will still be a BTC node, whatever diskspace it may cost me, and I know it's not true for everyone.

IMO, Bitcoin is a revolution as big as the event of the Internet, and I trust the community, especially those not doing it for profit, to lead BTC.

Have a nice life everyone !

p.s. I'm not really aware about SegWit or BU..  I left BTC news/reading for about 2 years for now..  I still often buy some with extra money Wink

It is hard to believe you are not aware of what is going on with the present issues concerning Segwit and Bitcoin Unlimited. As a Bitcoin node operator and a supporter you should make it your responsibility to have your say. You are an active part of the network.

Now that you are aware, are you for Segwit or BU?
legendary
Activity: 1002
Bitcoin
Noise &  Drama

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IT4s-6T__k

This is a good way of resuming my thinking !

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1018
Cashback 15%
Never pay a higher fee man it never fixes anything you just give them extra money actually. Well in a case like this anyway. I do agree they do need to get their stuff together Bitcoin is becoming quite a thing in the world so yeah needs to be faster but also I'm sure Bitcoin never meant to get this far or maybe they did and if they did it would be more confusing as to why they let it get to that kind of number.
Its not really a good advice at all but you do still have some points because even you put up high tx fee as of now confirmation times wont really be the same as usual and  you will still need to wait a little longer compared before but still im doing that behavior.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Never pay a higher fee man it never fixes anything you just give them extra money actually. Well in a case like this anyway. I do agree they do need to get their stuff together Bitcoin is becoming quite a thing in the world so yeah needs to be faster but also I'm sure Bitcoin never meant to get this far or maybe they did and if they did it would be more confusing as to why they let it get to that kind of number.
legendary
Bitcoin
why why why?

sighash scaling attack. There's no point in increasing the blocksize without solving that attack vector, the results are much worse than higher fees.

TY Carlton Banks,

your reply poke my curiosity and I've read some more about Segwit/BU stuff..
Good work, thanks for your time, keep up the good work !
legendary
Bitcoin
What about Bitcoin 2.0 ?

I mean tons of new fintech unsing the Bitcoin blockchain for implementing new services and new ways of doing things.. Imo THIS is the real revolution that gives value to BTC (fiat value/adoption/replacing old tech).

I will still be a BTC node, whatever diskspace it may cost me, and I know it's not true for everyone.

IMO, Bitcoin is a revolution as big as the event of the Internet, and I trust the community, especially those not doing it for profit, to lead BTC.

Have a nice life everyone !

p.s. I'm not really aware about SegWit or BU..  I left BTC news/reading for about 2 years for now..  I still often buy some with extra money Wink

legendary
This is not new anymore and as the years goes by bitcoin transactions are increasing which causes for this many unconfirmed transactions on the network which causes the delay.

It may not be new anymore, but 81,000 is the biggest lag I have ever noticed since I started collecting Bitcoins. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but we need to analyze the reasons behind this.

I have read many comments here that are from people who use Bitcoin who are still unaware of the situation why the unconfirmed transactions issue keeps recurring. There is a need to either activate Segwit or to hard fork to Bitcoin Unlimited or other implementations that increases the block size. Whenever this issue arises it will all go back to the scalability debate. To complicate matters, some Bitcoin users are saying that there is someone spamming the network.
legendary
Merit: 1001
Highest I have seen is about 120,000 pending txs from nodes that have restrictions.

In addition, during times when the btc price is increasing the mempool increases.
Whether that increase is due to the price or the price is due to the mempool size is debatable.

Do you happen to remember when that was? It's interesting to figure out whether or not it was a peak in usage or a spam attack that resulted in such (what I consider to be) an insanely high number. If I look at the current situation, then I think it's purely the result of a peak in the usage due to the price. The majority of the people don't pay a single bit of attention on how the network is doing when transacting.

Yes, the largest was in September 2015 and it was actually around 180,000+ pending.
I assume it was mostly spam attacks at the time, I do not have the data now to determine otherwise.
Could have been no fee attacks which took 2-3 days to be dropped.

That was the time (2015) when I began to see unusual random spikes in the mempool.
Some seemed natural, others like the 180,000+ txs did not.

Edit: Here is a picture of mempool data graphed from Statoshi

Find more data at Statoshi's Node - http://statoshi.info/dashboard/db/transactions
Set the date range on the top right.
legendary
Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074
why why why?

sighash scaling attack. There's no point in increasing the blocksize without solving that attack vector, the results are much worse than higher fees.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
I dont get why they just dont make block size 5MB or something now?

HD's have gone up since 2013 x3 or 5 in size, and cost about the same?

Satoshi had 33Mb blocks.

1MB is 1984 much.

why why why?

I mean this thing is supposed to run on fees from blocks,

I know the spam issue, but some spam is ok
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Highest I have seen is about 120,000 pending txs from nodes that have restrictions.

In addition, during times when the btc price is increasing the mempool increases.
Whether that increase is due to the price or the price is due to the mempool size is debatable.

Do you happen to remember when that was? It's interesting to figure out whether or not it was a peak in usage or a spam attack that resulted in such (what I consider to be) an insanely high number. If I look at the current situation, then I think it's purely the result of a peak in the usage due to the price. The majority of the people don't pay a single bit of attention on how the network is doing when transacting.
legendary
Merit: 1001
This is not new anymore and as the years goes by bitcoin transactions are increasing which causes for this many unconfirmed transactions on the network which causes the delay.

It may not be new anymore, but 81,000 is the biggest lag I have ever noticed since I started collecting Bitcoins. I am not a conspiracy theorist, but we need to analyze the reasons behind this.

It just depends on what node you look at as every node has a different number of transactions 'stuck' in their mempool. Reason could be more usage in a very short time due to the higher price, spam attack in order to make people panic, or a combination of both. In case of a spam attack it's highly likely that it is coming from the alternative sides such as BU as they want to make Bitcoin look bad because it can't handle that many transactions.
This has to be a spam attack, has there ever even been a backlog of 81k transactions in the past?
Could be a good thing in the end, if this means that it will be followed by a solution faster.

It all depends on the node of the pool/explorer that you use as reference since there is no general mempool. Each node can decide to not accept transactions with a low fee in their mempool. It's just how you set up your node. If I browse through various block explorers that offer charts of their mempool, then it shows that what we are experiencing today is somewhat of an all time high. Right now one of these explorers has over 100K of unconfirmed transactions in its mempool.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

It just depends on what node you look at as every node has a different number of transactions 'stuck' in their mempool. Reason could be more usage in a very short time due to the higher price, spam attack in order to make people panic, or a combination of both. In case of a spam attack it's highly likely that it is coming from the alternative sides such as BU as they want to make Bitcoin look bad because it can't handle that many transactions.
This has to be a spam attack, has there ever even been a backlog of 81k transactions in the past?
Could be a good thing in the end, if this means that it will be followed by a solution faster.

It all depends on the node of the pool/explorer that you use as reference since there is no general mempool. Each node can decide to not accept transactions with a low fee in their mempool. It's just how you set up your node. If I browse through various block explorers that offer charts of their mempool, then it shows that what we are experiencing today is somewhat of an all time high. Right now one of these explorers has over 100K of unconfirmed transactions in its mempool.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

Pages:
Jump to: