Pages:
Author

Topic: Electric cigarette yes/no/maybe? - page 45. (Read 67533 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
July 29, 2017, 01:38:29 PM
I haven't smoke them but i could try them if it's that easy.
Activity: 630
Merit: 263
July 29, 2017, 09:32:44 AM
Well I really like the electric cigarette or the vape. Because it is less dangerous to cigarette. And the flavor is so delicious. If you can appreciate the flavor it is really good and it comes with different flavors.
Why do you think that electronic cigarettes are less harmful than regular cigarettes? You personally conducted the study? Maybe you know what it consists of vapor that you inhale? I guess you're just a victim of advertising. Smoking is harmful and the electronic cigarette is no exception.
Activity: 209
Merit: 100
July 29, 2017, 09:21:14 AM
Its an upgrade  Cool I'll try to describe my experience:

I switched around 4-5? years ago. Bought a pack of cigs just before buying my first e-cig, just in case, ended up never touching that pack.

To be fair, I was kinda negatively disposed towards regular cigarettes at the time. At some point they had started making me drowsy, I also wasn't a fan of the whistling coming from my lungs when I exhaled deeply.

I had been cutting down the nicotine/tar content of the cigs, I used to smoke marlboro red's(1.2mg), by the time I switched to e-cig I was smoking silver phillip morris(0.1mg). All though, I started doing that way before I even heard of e-cigs, just happened to be a lucky coincidence which I think helped me transition.

Anyways, the first e-cig I got was a piece of shit (didn't know it at the time), came with 18mg/ml juice that was really nice though.

Smoking e-cigs is somewhat different, you don't get the instant gratification as you do with the first inhale of regular cigs, rather you get that 30-60 seconds later. To get closer to the regular smoking experience though, I got myself 100% PG juice which has a harsher "throat hit", that successfully masked the lack of instant nicotine delivery for me.

After that it was a month of bliss, literally. I guess this depends on your body chemistry but on most people, smoking has a mild depressing effect, mostly from the various monoamine oxidase inhibitors naturally found in tobacco. Take that away and substitute with more nicotine = smiles all day, at least for me. This didn't last forever though, the effect wore off in a month of two, I'm guessing due to my body chemistry adapting. I think I still ended up more cheerful on e-cigs than I was on regular cigarettes though.

Some other improvements I noticed were increase of stamina, no more canker sores, no more wheezing and a better sense of smell. Those came slower though, I think it was around a year before I fully got rid of my wheeze.

After that I got more into researching e-cigs and their juices, started building my coils and mixing my own juices.

Fast forward to today - I still build my own coils, I find the prebuilt atomizers sold locally to be kinda shitty. I don't mix juices anymore though, mostly because I get "vapers tongue" really easily - its when you can't really taste the flavor of your e-juice after a while. Its not permanent of course, wears off in a day or two and you can vape a different flavor meanwhile but I just got so used to flavorless vaping that that's what I decided to do - vape unflavored liquid. Hella cheap too, 1L of unflavored PG costs ~€40 and lasts me for a year.

Also, 99% of the bad things you hear about e-liquids are about some chemical in the flavorings. Truth is, most chemicals used to flavor e-juices are merely food grade and usually not extensively tested for inhalation. Ironically, the safest chemicals to flavor your liquid with are tobacco flavored ones because those have been tested, for decades, in cigars.

I think I should also note that I never intended to quit. I just like the activity and the nicotine too much. All though, e-cigs certainly seem to have a lower physical addiction, I don't get nearly as uncomfortable on a long flight as I used to.

Also, e-cigs are certainly not for everyone. Around 20% of the population is mildly allergic to either VG or PG, results in temporary wheezing and shortness of breath. Severe cases are very rare but not unheard of. I've also heard of a handful of cases of people getting popcorn lung which is permanent lung damage from bad juices containing dangerous flavor sweeteners. Also, there is a huge disparity of nicotine tolerance depending on age and species. Children are 12 times more vulnerable to nicotine poisoning than non smoking adults, cats/dogs up to 100 times more vulnerable so definitely a good idea to keep that stuff out of reach because unlike cigarettes, e-juices don't taste that bad.

Anyways, that's just my story. Whether that encouraged or frightened you, you can't find out what it'll really be like unless you try, if you want to try  Cheesy

If you don't mind me asking, have you tried the new Philip Morris IQOS cigarette that they have started selling in various countries around the world?  I don't know any smokers, so would be interested in your opinion of that!
Activity: 840
Merit: 268
July 29, 2017, 09:20:47 AM
Well I really like the electric cigarette or the vape. Because it is less dangerous to cigarette. And the flavor is so delicious. If you can appreciate the flavor it is really good and it comes with different flavors.
Activity: 30
July 29, 2017, 09:17:10 AM
i was smoking 20 years and now i am vaping 2 and half years. my experience is vaping is better than smoking.

Congratulations! I admire you, you're officially my idol!
July 29, 2017, 09:08:29 AM
Well, for one thing, I legitimately enjoy it. It's not a high or a stress relief, I just like the taste of my menthols, and I like sitting down and smoking, and I like watching my smoke dance off through the air in little curls and twists. It's pretty.

I also always carry a perfume to cover the smell, a toothbrush, and a jacket I wear to smoke to keep some of the stank of my clothes.

Ohhh yeaah, I know exactly what you're going through! Been there for a few years. But trust me, when all that hide things over, you'll be smiling every time you remember this days.
July 29, 2017, 08:58:03 AM
Electric cigarettes, tobako , or cigarettes are bad to your health. So stop it because you can get disease like lung cancer or cancer to the throat . Many people everyear died because of the cigarettes. Dont become routine taking cigarettes just make sure you are busy to other things so you cant take cigarettes. Goodluck I hope you will stop cigarettes .

You are 100% right and thank you!
Activity: 448
July 27, 2017, 10:47:16 PM
Ya me too. I am a smoker i agree your opini , not sure someone can stop smoking with electric cigaretes..maybe someday i will tried..
Activity: 182
July 27, 2017, 02:58:07 PM
i was smoking 20 years and now i am vaping 2 and half years. my experience is vaping is better than smoking.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
July 27, 2017, 02:54:41 PM
I like to smoke cigars on occasions. But any cigarette, electronic or not is not a good idea to make a habit out of.
Activity: 364
Merit: 105
July 27, 2017, 12:06:15 PM
I do not smoke electronic cigarettes, because they are no less harmful than ordinary cigarettes. It is better to completely quit smoking and lead a healthy lifestyle.
Activity: 173
July 26, 2017, 09:53:57 PM
You mean vaping?
Activity: 462
July 26, 2017, 09:33:13 PM
 Shocked Electric cigarette??...No!!.... Because, Any Cigarettes are Not Healthy For me Embarrassed
Activity: 19
July 26, 2017, 09:16:52 PM
Maybe when i feel too nervous.
Activity: 518
July 26, 2017, 07:54:09 PM
e-cig or vape, maybe not. to the e-cig users. do you experienced sometime your vape drip tip burnt. what if it burnt when you using it. then your mouth be burn to.. i just want to say that vape is dangerous.

That's true, Something happened in our area that was the situation, exploding the electric cigarettes while using it, so I can not recommend using electric cigarettes, its more dangerous.
Activity: 20
July 26, 2017, 04:09:05 PM
Just a trendy stuff, big NO.
Activity: 29
July 26, 2017, 11:29:40 AM
No bro e-cigarette is more dangerous than ordinary cigarette.
Activity: 16
July 23, 2017, 09:51:58 AM
e-cig or vape, maybe not. to the e-cig users. do you experienced sometime your vape drip tip burnt. what if it burnt when you using it. then your mouth be burn to.. i just want to say that vape is dangerous.
Activity: 239
July 23, 2017, 09:09:19 AM
I'm not an electric cigarette because electric cigarettes are not good for health and contain many chemicals that are not good for the body
Even though it is electric cigarette or the traditional cigarette, I would definitely go against the use of it because of how it can affect not just the user of it but everyone around him or her and second hand smoke is deadlier than first hand so cigarette users should stop using them.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Orient
July 20, 2017, 08:27:41 AM
I'm not an electric cigarette because electric cigarettes are not good for health and contain many chemicals that are not good for the body
Pages:
Jump to: