Pages:
Author

Topic: Electric cigarette yes/no/maybe? - page 46. (Read 67533 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
🌟 eSports ICO: 01/11/2017 🌟
July 20, 2017, 08:12:54 AM
I think that this is also harmful to the body just a fashion novelty. Any smoking can not benefit and you need to throw completely without any electronic cigarettes.
Activity: 304
Merit: 100
www.daxico.com
July 20, 2017, 08:03:29 AM
I personal think that it's bullshit, but there is a few stories of people who was smoking for 10 years and with electric cigarette stop smoked. I'm a smoker and i would like to stop that's why i need your advice.
No, i do not like electronic cigarettes, my chest feels congested when i am near the users of electronic cigarette, its smoke makes the pain and shortness of breath.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
July 20, 2017, 02:46:10 AM
Electronic  cigarette are the BEST...I think electric cigarettes are for people who wants to quit smoking. It is really difficult to quit smoking but one way to quit it if you really really want to is just to turn to electric cigarettes instead of tobacco.
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
einc.io
July 05, 2017, 02:07:34 AM
If you can not leave smoking electronic cigarette makes sense I think.
Activity: 756
Merit: 105
Trphy.io
July 04, 2017, 11:07:48 PM
I will vote no because whatever it is still cigarette name while I am not a smoker and probably will never smoke
Activity: 8
July 04, 2017, 09:28:55 PM
Well, for one thing, I legitimately enjoy it. It's not a high or a stress relief, I just like the taste of my menthols, and I like sitting down and smoking, and I like watching my smoke dance off through the air in little curls and twists. It's pretty.

I also always carry a perfume to cover the smell, a toothbrush, and a jacket I wear to smoke to keep some of the stank of my clothes.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
July 04, 2017, 09:05:20 PM
Electric cigarettes, tobako , or cigarettes are bad to your health. So stop it because you can get disease like lung cancer or cancer to the throat . Many people everyear died because of the cigarettes. Dont become routine taking cigarettes just make sure you are busy to other things so you cant take cigarettes. Goodluck I hope you will stop cigarettes .
Activity: 268
Merit: 10
July 04, 2017, 07:35:05 PM
It's good to hear so many success stories!!!!  How does one kick the E-cig habit?

I think the wisest thing that someone could do if they want to quit smoking is just to stop.
Activity: 14
July 04, 2017, 06:47:27 PM
It's good to hear so many success stories!!!!  How does one kick the E-cig habit?
Activity: 30
July 04, 2017, 06:43:18 PM
It's hard to stop smoking but I think electric cigarette helps but I'm not sure if e-cigar have bad side effects. but if you really want to stop just take some candy if you thinking about smoking.

I'll have your suggestion in mind, thanks for your advice.
July 04, 2017, 06:39:51 PM
Hi, I am not a smoker but I have an opinion about smoke which is based on some psychology's articles that I have read. So, I believe that smoking and all the other addictive substances are used because some of us are weak personalities and we can not solve our problems with other and more healthy ways. Thus, I will suggest you to believe in your self and find something that make you happy. Throw away cigarettes and electric cigarette you do not need them. I wish the better for you. I hope try!

Thanks a lot! You just made my day. I already gets a few great tips so i'll definitly try them first! Grin
July 04, 2017, 06:35:38 PM
No cigarette is the best option  Smiley  

I could not agree more Cheesy
July 04, 2017, 06:33:00 PM
I don't actually smoke but i know someone who does. She's been smoking like half of her life but eventually she stopped for some reason. She attempted to stop like three times. The first two failed but the third one was, i'd say, successful. Since the third attempt, she hasn't smoked nor did a single Puff and she doesn't look for it anymore. Although it's too early to tell since it has only been 3 yrs but i think she's doing great.

Don't worry it's not too early to tell if she didn't smoke for 3 years. That is a success and she'll never come back to that piece of sh*t.
July 04, 2017, 06:26:17 PM
Electric cigarettes may have less chemicals than cigarettes do but its still bad for your health. I dont know why people say that E-cigarettes have no negative effects on your body because what i know is that it contains nicotine and other chemicals that when inhaled often can bring out serious medical conditions. Not only that but it doesnt prove that e-cigarettes help smokers to quit. In fact it just makes them more addicted to it ( because of its different flavors and such). That's why i strongly suggest to all the smokers out there who wants to quit smoking that e-cigarettes doesnt help in the slightest. Just search for different things to do that may help you forget about smoking

I appreciate your opinion, but do you really think that the smoke of e-cig is worst then the smoke of regular cigar?
July 04, 2017, 06:20:29 PM
I personal think that it's bullshit, but there is a few stories of people who was smoking for 10 years and with electric cigarette stop smoked. I'm a smoker and i would like to stop that's why i need your advice.
I don't smoke and don't think i will smoke again for smokers are liable to die young( WHO). One's you start smoking it is not easy to stop the habits, but with determination you should be able to stop the smoking habits. If you usually smoke in the morning, afternoon and evening and actually you want to stop the smoking habits just start by reducing the number of cigarettes you consume per day and gradually you will stop. But all depends on your determination. 

Thanks a lot, i will definitely try this, i never tought of this befor.
July 04, 2017, 06:07:28 PM
I stopped to smoke regular cigarette and I do not intend to smoke any other type of cigarette.

Congratulations, i hope one day i'll say same thing for myself
July 04, 2017, 06:02:48 PM
I actually did stop my smoking addiction to tobacco, when i discovered e cigarette. But a new addiction rose and its smoking vapor. Trust me if you really want to stop smoking anything just have another hobby, like going to the gym, or boxing.

Oh.. I tried with hobbies, i realy did. I was playing basketball, it didn't help, after that i tried with running and i failed again. I tried gym too, but i was always too lazy for it, and boxing was never my thing. The thing is, stress on work and everything that happened throught the day make me smoke more...
July 04, 2017, 05:54:08 PM
E-cigs may not contain real smoke, but they can still do a number on your lungs. “They do cause an inflammation,” Edelman says. “It would be similar to smoking, only less

Yes, I read about it. The scientists are still not sure is it good or bad for you. but hey how much chemical compounds is in one cigarette? I doubt that e-cigs could do worst to your lungs then cigar
July 04, 2017, 05:47:13 PM
I will not tell my whole story and will make it short . Was smoking red marlboro my wife got pregnant  so I had to stop smoking . Bought myself  a vape starter kit 3-4 months now and I am very happy that I did . The best thing is I no longer hear voices from my chest I can run much longer without the need to stop Cheesy . Overall it was really good for me . I am now planing to buy the more advanced kit .

Thanks for sharing your story, after this comments, i'm thinking of buying one for myself too.
July 04, 2017, 05:39:20 PM
Its an upgrade  Cool I'll try to describe my experience:

I switched around 4-5? years ago. Bought a pack of cigs just before buying my first e-cig, just in case, ended up never touching that pack.

To be fair, I was kinda negatively disposed towards regular cigarettes at the time. At some point they had started making me drowsy, I also wasn't a fan of the whistling coming from my lungs when I exhaled deeply.

I had been cutting down the nicotine/tar content of the cigs, I used to smoke marlboro red's(1.2mg), by the time I switched to e-cig I was smoking silver phillip morris(0.1mg). All though, I started doing that way before I even heard of e-cigs, just happened to be a lucky coincidence which I think helped me transition.

Anyways, the first e-cig I got was a piece of shit (didn't know it at the time), came with 18mg/ml juice that was really nice though.

Smoking e-cigs is somewhat different, you don't get the instant gratification as you do with the first inhale of regular cigs, rather you get that 30-60 seconds later. To get closer to the regular smoking experience though, I got myself 100% PG juice which has a harsher "throat hit", that successfully masked the lack of instant nicotine delivery for me.

After that it was a month of bliss, literally. I guess this depends on your body chemistry but on most people, smoking has a mild depressing effect, mostly from the various monoamine oxidase inhibitors naturally found in tobacco. Take that away and substitute with more nicotine = smiles all day, at least for me. This didn't last forever though, the effect wore off in a month of two, I'm guessing due to my body chemistry adapting. I think I still ended up more cheerful on e-cigs than I was on regular cigarettes though.

Some other improvements I noticed were increase of stamina, no more canker sores, no more wheezing and a better sense of smell. Those came slower though, I think it was around a year before I fully got rid of my wheeze.

After that I got more into researching e-cigs and their juices, started building my coils and mixing my own juices.

Fast forward to today - I still build my own coils, I find the prebuilt atomizers sold locally to be kinda shitty. I don't mix juices anymore though, mostly because I get "vapers tongue" really easily - its when you can't really taste the flavor of your e-juice after a while. Its not permanent of course, wears off in a day or two and you can vape a different flavor meanwhile but I just got so used to flavorless vaping that that's what I decided to do - vape unflavored liquid. Hella cheap too, 1L of unflavored PG costs ~€40 and lasts me for a year.

Also, 99% of the bad things you hear about e-liquids are about some chemical in the flavorings. Truth is, most chemicals used to flavor e-juices are merely food grade and usually not extensively tested for inhalation. Ironically, the safest chemicals to flavor your liquid with are tobacco flavored ones because those have been tested, for decades, in cigars.

I think I should also note that I never intended to quit. I just like the activity and the nicotine too much. All though, e-cigs certainly seem to have a lower physical addiction, I don't get nearly as uncomfortable on a long flight as I used to.

Also, e-cigs are certainly not for everyone. Around 20% of the population is mildly allergic to either VG or PG, results in temporary wheezing and shortness of breath. Severe cases are very rare but not unheard of. I've also heard of a handful of cases of people getting popcorn lung which is permanent lung damage from bad juices containing dangerous flavor sweeteners. Also, there is a huge disparity of nicotine tolerance depending on age and species. Children are 12 times more vulnerable to nicotine poisoning than non smoking adults, cats/dogs up to 100 times more vulnerable so definitely a good idea to keep that stuff out of reach because unlike cigarettes, e-juices don't taste that bad.

Anyways, that's just my story. Whether that encouraged or frightened you, you can't find out what it'll really be like unless you try, if you want to try  Cheesy

Thanks a lot man, you help with your story. Who knows maybe i'll try and get lucky too.
Pages:
Jump to: