Pages:
Author

Topic: Energi [NRG] Cryptocurrency for World Adoption | PoS | MN | No-ICO or Premine | - page 3. (Read 44131 times)

Activity: 61
Merit: 0
Cointelegraph and Decrypt are some my sources of information for crypto news. I still stand firm on my opinions on NFT within the context of art work. There are many applications that are effectively a digital contract to prove ownership that are in development and look forward to that space.

Does a Energi dragon NFT come with any perks? If you think of the BAYC NFT collection, Yuga Labs offered additional perks and even hosted a warehouse party in Brooklyn.
Activity: 17
To understand NFT utilization you need to read this. As far as newsletter goes the biggest announcement will be in terms of GMI.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/nft-space-bridges-passions-for-tennis-legend-maria-sharapova

As far as Open Sea Moat goes, you can consider a users switching cost to GMI here, which is 0 , all he has to do is just switch platforms in seconds and the benefits of GIi are absent on Open Sea
1. 24/7 support
2. Security of Assets against thefts
3. Farming yields
4. Buy side liquidity decreasing the spread between the NFT offer price and floor price
4. Prevention of Wash trading
5. NFT Launchpad for artists and nft communities that protects them against scams and rug pulls.
That makes a lot more sense now. Slick looking website with a lot of information. I haven't quite understood the value of NFTs in the context of artwork; where there's an assumed intrinsic resale value (and market) to grow your portfolio. Minting your own artwork and collecting royalties from resales is where the money is at. Will GMI allow minting of our own collections? NFTs have been around for a while, first NFT was minted in 2014, and I'm glad Energi is jumping on the bandwagon and hopefully that will boost adoption.

OpenSea has been in the headlines a lot these days and have some pending legal cases; specially: a former executive, Nate Chastain, for wire fraud and money laundering. Having an OpenSea account appears to be a requirement to participate and have the ability to receive GMI. Any moral challenges? Are we assuming people who are into NFTs have likely already had an OpenSea account for several years and it's moot to them.

Have you considered sending out newsletters to your current users. I'm signed up and think the last one I got was from April of 2021. As a mechanism to reach the users across all social platforms; can't rely only on a small few.
Positivity; that's an ambitious goal to pursue and wish you fortitude in your efforts.

Airdrop? Is there another earndrop lined up for NRG? The first one from 2019 must have boosted adoption.
There are over 80K air drop subscribers from Open sea. I would not be surprised if it reached to 100k. Besides I am a man of positivity as our primitive biology makes our species much prone to negativity.
Awareness is the first step to adoption.

Speaking of awareness what is "GMI"? I did a quick google search and didn't come up with much related to crypto; there's the GamiFi (GMI) coin or the Bankless DeFi Innovation Index (GMI). Is this about a future Energi development that we're going to learn about one day?
As Peter Lynch says "Stay away form the companies making headlines as their value and future earnings are already priced in" Wink
The lack of sell pressure is probably from the coin being at an all time low; most people either got out in time, bought in at the low price or lastly holding on for dear life in hopes of some value returning. I can certainly agree on the need for an increase in demand. The supply side is an automatic engine that keeps printing money (minting coins) without demand. The low market cap is not a strong point and not something that is going to attract new users; #777 on CMC. Just my opinion; might just work out. Stacking for sure; just not sure what it’s building towards.

Maybe the team could work on marketing and can’t just rely on organic marketing. Energi is never in the crypto news, nothing recent on youtube, even the paid content has stopped. You need to know about Energi to know where to find it and then maybe read about it. I’ve seen other crypto projects all over my news feed, social media, etc. to the point where it bothers me so much that I need to learn more about it. As someone who’s aware of the project I’m not having it pop up on my socials or news feeds.

I just did a quick Google search of "Energi Crypto", went to the 'news tab' and only two links were relevant to the project;
  • PR Newswire with the $50M GEM investment
  • CaptainAltcoin price predictions
Still staying with the project.

I have been following the twitter spaces and there has been a great built up of good organic partnerships. The great part has been the fact that there has been no sell pressure for Energi. The only thing that is needed an increase in demand. There is a great upside here as the marketcap is extremely lower than any other tokens i know. The demand uptake come to fruition with the launch of GMI. I remember Li LU buying a footwear company when all investors ran away from it and sold it. Li lu found no reservation regarding the management of the business. I find the same with the management- they are actively focusing on marketing which is evident from their twitter spaces and Airdrop subscribers reaching to almost 80 thousand. Fun fact: Li Lu became a millionaire using his college scholarship to invest in the foot wear company. All he did was patiently wait for over 5 years. I have bought Energi around 2.50 and I am still stacking it! Plus i get to enter the NFT market riding on the backs of GMI. Good luck for your future.

"The most important quality for an investor is temperament, not intellect. You need a temperament that neither derives great pleasure from being with the crowd or against the crowd."

- Warren Buffett
This space has died down. I'm sure this will get a response from a moderator but not seeing much activity from others.

Discord has been blocked on my work device and probably for the good as that's a heavily censored community.

Hoping the hodlers who bought in at $2+ value are surviving and able to float the VPS fees! I'm personally struggling and nowhere close to breaking even on my dollar-cost-average.

Replying to my own message from just about two months ago. This used to be an active community where users could interact and engage with each other. I'm no person to stand up a community but do miss the conversations even as colorful as they might have been; here to me trying. Community moderators have always been quick to jump on here and then there's the "fear" of that new user with no history that most users have shared their discomfort about.

I'm going to start sharing my high level details of the health of my investment and I'm curios how others have made the most and using their long term gains. Never truly sharing the exact details as that's too much risk; never commenting about market price as that's out of the control of most people; never speculating about the future value either. ROI has generally been good for this project and will decrease overtime as the coin is inflationary and the same rewards will have to be spread over more users. Overall an investment was needed to have Energi to generate any yield from.
Comparing AMEX to Energi is both bold and brazen. For both our sakes and with a heavy bias hope to say come back in five years; this space will either be mothballed or see the upside... I look forward to the day when NRG can be used everywhere.

Lack of reports on funds stolen. Not quite true and when people dare to mention it there's a strong knee jerk reaction and heavy censorship on social platforms.  Good for them as no one will be able to verify and this simply will be labeled as FUD; an objective term liberally used.

What are your thoughts on the masternode count dropping? Indeed more collateral is locked but the MN count has dropped from a peak of ~1400ish to below 900. It was above 1000 several months ago.

I'd say welcome to this space Chanak but...

Survival of the fittest I guess, I have seen a lot if users point that they were moving to staking. At least I did not face the disappointing staking delegation of matic, yeah my collateral was stuck for 2 months as the delegator did not even do necessary signings , matic did not even have punishment in place for inactive actors, plus I had to wait for alike a month to get my collateral and the fees i paid was so much higher that i never went back. On the other hand it was during the same time i got more into energi and the support was there all the time to help me, I am not even a tech nerd and can still run linux commands, that is just crazy. Grin. I am now doing both masternode and staking and getting best of both world. The support is still there and i can DM them anytime as compared to matic , yeah this is great. Just need to have patience in certain investments, I have experienced that before so i have gone through the whole process (buying a utility company for 98 then watching it go down to 58, I bought more as I had became a buffet student by then, currently the utility company sits at 250). The major reason i have faith in Energi is the capital allocation focus of company that increases adoption.
Comparing AMEX to Energi is both bold and brazen. For both our sakes and with a heavy bias hope to say come back in five years; this space will either be mothballed or see the upside... I look forward to the day when NRG can be used everywhere.

Lack of reports on funds stolen. Not quite true and when people dare to mention it there's a strong knee jerk reaction and heavy censorship on social platforms.  Good for them as no one will be able to verify and this simply will be labeled as FUD; an objective term liberally used.

What are your thoughts on the masternode count dropping? Indeed more collateral is locked but the MN count has dropped from a peak of ~1400ish to below 900. It was above 1000 several months ago.

I'd say welcome to this space Chanak but...
Crypto space has the following type of crowd- speculators, network users, Investors. Why am i bringing this out, because speculators always follow the ticker, investors always follow fundamentals and seldom look at the ticker. The whole world is well versed with Warren Buffet the richest investor and to this day he is not fan of his money making skills, instead he is a fan of anything that brings him knowledge, patience and gratitude. Lets illustrate with one of his many examples.  Buffet purchased AMERICAN EXPRESS FOR $35 ( he valued the business at $150 million). Stock fell to $11 within just 1 year that’s staggering loss of 60%. But did he care? Why? Because he believed in the management and the business model of the business. People will question my acumen and  ask me how it relates to ENERGI. How?? Here is how. I bring in analogies because our species understands it in a better way through analogies and metaphors rather than figures and numbers.
1. AMERICAN EXPRESS was the only banking organization that was not blocked by Roosevelt Because it’s travelers checks were used everywhere ( a sound business model in 30’s compounded by its credit card operations in 80’s) .
Energi was unaffected by regulations because it never went into ICO madness so it survived 2018 regulatory issues ( a forward thinking by its creators somehow projects like XRP did not take into consideration ). 2. AMEX credit Business model just compounded over the years despite  the company getting scammed by its subsidiary for over millions of dollars which plunged the stock downward more than 70%. In short the company created more value to its utilization over the years .
How would you feel as an investor when your $80 million investment reduces to $28 million within 1 year.
1. Sell off and move on?
2. Buy more?
3. Forget it?
4. Complain about it?
5. Have the courage to hold it ? Buffet recently admitted that his total investment in AMERICAN express was $80 million and currently it was valued around $3 billion. Over 400% returns. BULL MARKETS DONT MAKE VALUE INVESTORS RATHER THEY ARE FORGED In BEAR MARKETS > the fundamentals of Energi still stay strong. The blockchain has become a pioneer in decentralized security governance making it one of the only few blockchains which is till to date not been hacked or have reports of funds being stolen. Another pioneering event was the complete eradication of chainsplits from the blockchain, through the Asgard hard fork and based on this tech you can already see future works being laid in the road map for instant transactions within seconds. The team's focus has be exclusively on higher capital returns on every $ invested. A result of which we see the organization is global and has over 100+ employees working round the clock. The Masternodes system is ever strong with over 29 million energi which was around 20 million energi  last year. Energi is still the only project that does not have a lock in period of your collateral for staking while most other cyrptos have a lock in period of over 30 days or even a month. I mean I can go on and on but I feel that as the Buddha says you can only argue with wise devoid of emotions and the one that approaches the path of rationality. FYI one of the very few buyers of Energi at $2.5
This space has died down. I'm sure this will get a response from a moderator but not seeing much activity from others.

Discord has been blocked on my work device and probably for the good as that's a heavily censored community.

Hoping the hodlers who bought in at $2+ value are surviving and able to float the VPS fees! I'm personally struggling and nowhere close to breaking even on my dollar-cost-average.
Cross posting in both Bitcointalk and Reddit in hopes of reaching more people

Is anyone else struggling with launching new masternodes? Really hoping to hear from other users and not just moderators. I've successfully run a MN on a VPS for the past two years till space requirements were increased again. I've destroyed many VPS servers in the past week and spent several hours with support walking through every step and still not successful.

The wiki page has always been my go to resource and then reach out to Support when I'm stuck and now I'm out of resources... I've not been able to earn any rewards for a week now.
Activity: 98
Merit: 1
Announcement

$1M NRG BUYBACK WITHIN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS Energi is officially announcing its plan to buy back NRG within the next six months for a sum of 1 Million USD worth of NRG.

Click for Details.

https://medium.com/energi/1m-nrg-buyback-within-the-next-six-months-1ac1295b1516

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Announcement:

ENERGI SECURES $50M INVESTMENT!

We are super excited to bring GEM into Energi, they are a powerful partner and will provide us enormous support for our upcoming NFT ecosystem!

https://finance.yahoo.com/.../energi-secures-50-million...
Activity: 11
Energi Dollar - USDE and Wrapped Energi - WNRG are now on CoinGecko.
Activity: 8
I am not familiar with the platform you refer to but it certainly is unfortunate and one of the main reasons why we do not support third party services. There is a set system in place to help recover stolen funds and proof of ownership of the affected wallet is vitally important. It is not that is was 'allowed' as you stated, moreso the fact that without being able to prove you are the owner of the address in question then an unscrupulous person could attempt to have any wallet frozen for a number of reasons.

I'd prefer to not expand on that one. You're peers are the not the friendliest and anything that seems strange is automatically labeled as FUD...

I'm sure there a lot more people out there who would appreciate help recovering their stolen funds despite learning their lesson with third party services. However that's outside of my scope and just happy to be done. I remember the owner of the platform having issues reporting NRG stolen; all third hand information without truly knowing the details.

I'm glad you got your ticket sorted out in spite of the time and adversity. I am sure that more and more people will be interested in the security of the crypto world, unfortunately there will be many who will realise it too late. It is surely a big challenge for global adoption. Energi will always remain in the fight against cybercrime.
I am not familiar with the platform you refer to but it certainly is unfortunate and one of the main reasons why we do not support third party services. There is a set system in place to help recover stolen funds and proof of ownership of the affected wallet is vitally important. It is not that is was 'allowed' as you stated, moreso the fact that without being able to prove you are the owner of the address in question then an unscrupulous person could attempt to have any wallet frozen for a number of reasons.

I'd prefer to not expand on that one. You're peers are the not the friendliest and anything that seems strange is automatically labeled as FUD...

I'm sure there a lot more people out there who would appreciate help recovering their stolen funds despite learning their lesson with third party services. However that's outside of my scope and just happy to be done. I remember the owner of the platform having issues reporting NRG stolen; all third hand information without truly knowing the details.
Pages:
Jump to: