Pages:
Author

Topic: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements - page 13. (Read 41211 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 12
September 20, 2018, 09:19:49 AM
Welcome step.  Will ensure good posts.
May I smell  Grin next action for the high ranked members who did not earn even a single merit despite posting hundreds of posts during the period after the merit system was introduced.
The forum will be cleansed to a large extant then.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 09:15:35 AM
Perhaps the introduction of merit for newcomers and caught us by surprise, but this necessary decision. For a "LIVE" user (not a spammer) it will not be difficult to get it with proper activity and useful posts. For spammers and bots this will be a problem. And if this does not help-may introduce even more stringent requirements for obtaining merita or
associate user activity with the number of merit.....and even as it was written earlier - can ban also bounty. And then the most valuable users will remain.
Activity: 658
Merit: 851
September 20, 2018, 09:14:56 AM
Most of the people who feel they got fucked here are bounty hunters.  
And what are bounty hunters here for ? Money !!!
And there is a lot to make here whether it's in airdrops, social media campaigns, signature campaigns, translation campaigns...
And Theymos is not asking you to pay for this service, he could but he is not. All he's asking for is 1 merit, just 1... which means 1 good post. That's nothing for what you get out of all this. You should be thankful for the opportunity, instead of complaining, saying how it's unfair and all...
You get to make hundreds of dollars for only one good post !

Activity: 251
Merit: 2
The future ain't what it used to be
September 20, 2018, 08:47:30 AM
What? You're missing the entire point of the forum. Newcomers only come here because they mistakenly _think_ they can make a living spamming here. But they're wrong. They were always wrong. The recent changes were made to deter them from flooding the forum with useless posts so it can maintain its original intention as a place for communication.

Nobody's _forcing_ _anybody_ to spam. That's a ridiculous mindset to think they have to keep spamming the forum.
you are very naive. you think that such a measure someone will stop. read my appeal. above you will see a link. the rules of the signature compel create spam.

Nobody's compelling anybody to spam. They're supposed to write decent posts. Because they refuse to do that and insist on spamming new rules have been implemented. Signature campaigns should obviously now be taken away from Jr Members. Your appeal doesn't mean jack shit bud.

total 61 merits. not a very good prospect, right? Wink

By the way, in the couple hours since you were bitching about my merits, I've accrued 12 more  Tongue
it's probably because you write the right things, but I do not. right?)

We have a saying in Russia according to which a well-fed man finds it difficult to understand a starving one.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
September 20, 2018, 08:41:25 AM
It makes more sense to continue the Merit system. You need to present better before replacing the existing system.
Activity: 107
September 20, 2018, 07:55:39 AM
What? You're missing the entire point of the forum. Newcomers only come here because they mistakenly _think_ they can make a living spamming here. But they're wrong. They were always wrong. The recent changes were made to deter them from flooding the forum with useless posts so it can maintain its original intention as a place for communication.

Nobody's _forcing_ _anybody_ to spam. That's a ridiculous mindset to think they have to keep spamming the forum.
you are very naive. you think that such a measure someone will stop. read my appeal. above you will see a link. the rules of the signature compel create spam.

Nobody's compelling anybody to spam. They're supposed to write decent posts. Because they refuse to do that and insist on spamming new rules have been implemented. Signature campaigns should obviously now be taken away from Jr Members. Your appeal doesn't mean jack shit bud.

By the way, in the couple hours since you were bitching about my merits, I've accrued 12 more  Tongue

Not all new comers are abusing the rights or spamming the system. The admins need to be considerate and rules should be imposed on new intakes.

You both should stop this your thing as well.... I believe we are all matured and just trying to say our minds...

#peace
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 7986
September 20, 2018, 07:44:45 AM

Activity: 107
September 20, 2018, 07:39:07 AM
Well the restriction is fair enough in order to reduce spamming and posting of garbages in the forum . But what will be done when any user can just buy or get merit from merited users.

Isn't that a flaw ? .... should that be the case, many users will prefer to buy merits since it is just 1 only 1 merit required to move up.

I will suggest that maybe per certain number of posts merit can be given by the forum Admins.

E.g 50 posts & activities = 1 merit
100 posts & activities = 2 merits  and so on...
copper member
Activity: 420
September 20, 2018, 07:25:37 AM
I think this is a good initiative taken by our administrator to reduce spam posts but am not so happy about the way it was implemented. When the merit system was first implemented, no account was demoted, people were rather given the required merit to be able to reach that rank. So am surprised the second phase of the merit system is being unfair to the existing members by demoting us all to newbies. At least one merit for us all won't be bad. Obtaining merit is not always about making good posts. Awarding merit is a subjective decision which can be biased anyway. Please administrator consider us and restore our ranks so that this new development in the forum will start from new members.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
September 20, 2018, 07:23:23 AM
We have, however, been affected, being reduced to Newbie Sad. Through this forum and our ANN thread we have been communicating with our community, providing links, placing photos etc - now we're not able to do that anymore.
Read this:

Many of these limitations can be eliminated with a copper membership. In particular, you can set a signature at Member level if you wear a copper membership.
September 20, 2018, 07:18:58 AM

I'll admit its harder for Newbs to get merits than higher ranking ones, but 95% of all Newbs just post senseless trash, which ruins its for the actual 5% who might actually have something interesting to say. Sorry but we're sick of the forum's quality being watered down by opportunistic spam artists.
you understand why this happens. it's all at the money. earlier this was a forum for communication. now for earnings. and newcomers are forced to spam because of the terms of the forum and campaigns

legendary
September 20, 2018, 07:09:08 AM

I'll admit its harder for Newbs to get merits than higher ranking ones, but 95% of all Newbs just post senseless trash, which ruins its for the actual 5% who might actually have something interesting to say. Sorry but we're sick of the forum's quality being watered down by opportunistic spam artists.
you understand why this happens. it's all at the money. earlier this was a forum for communication. now for earnings. and newcomers are forced to spam because of the terms of the forum and campaigns

September 20, 2018, 06:54:43 AM
How about the cancellation of Merit, which were accrued upon its introduction?

I read 1,061 for nutildah, and 2 for you.  That's about 530.5 to 1, but who's counting?

Of course, you feel disinclined to support such a system in which you hardly have established any stake or to bash others for their merit status when you hardly have established any of such yourself either, for that matter.
I see 336 merits. the rest is the age of the account and the amount of flooding. I think you did a lot of useful things, but you do not need to be arrogant. you do not know me and also understand that the situation is now unfair

Activity: 252
September 20, 2018, 06:50:07 AM
looks like merits are priced at 14$/QTY, as of current market situation   Shocked

https://i.imgur.com/vBEOfwH.png

Just a TG snap from one of bounty group(with removed names ....sorry guys!! I don't want you to be his next customer!!! Wink)

A thought (which may hurt newbies and alike  Roll Eyes), should the qualifying requirement be increased to +5 merits??
whatttttt,14 usd for 1 merit,I thinks this person must ban forever,merit for trading, i allways search 1 merit but i can't 1 merit from anyone,I think I have to try my best to get merit from admin but i see 14 usd for 1 merit,I fell disapointed,why merit for trading? because when it haven't control from admin,I think bitcointalk should build system checking merit,anyone get merit from source merit shoul check again by admin,it is not fair for everyone when they buy merit,bitcointalk shoulf build system ratio between merit/all posts to determine who reputation, 1 merit/1000 post diffrent 1 merit /50 post,this ratio high-artice quality higher
Activity: 238
September 20, 2018, 06:32:13 AM
I know that there were been a lot of spam and many useless posts here in the forum for the last months and for that the rules were been applied.
but for months i was trying hardly to get at least one merit, i subscribed to the twitter audit and helped people here to auditing their account and i was helping people by replying to their posts with my experiences in this field and till now i couldn't bring any merit even one, the merit system is complicated and really i don't know how to get at least one.
copper member
Activity: 267
Merit: 1
September 20, 2018, 06:22:49 AM
I was Jr member at Forum, now I became Demoted and Newbie. I have no regrets in this. Because love the forum. The moderator will do the best for the forum. I also want to improve the forum better than ever. 
Activity: 268
September 20, 2018, 05:54:24 AM

BitcoiNote team fully support anything that contributes to improving the quality of the forum and helps fight spam.

We have, however, been affected, being reduced to Newbie Sad. Through this forum and our ANN thread we have been communicating with our community, providing links, placing photos etc - now we're not able to do that anymore.

Obviously, we have other social media channels to share info but we have always treated Bitcointalk forum as one of the most important ones, as the one to give the fullest information on all changes and updates regarding our coin. (except for our website). We have treated this way of sharing information as natural and didn't expect (or ask) for any merit. Having received none, we went from Jr. Member to Newbie, despite almost 9 months of activity and 249 posts. Cry

We haven't spammed or scammed yet now, we will have to find a new way to communicate with our Bitcointalk community.

We would assume that our BitcoiNote's account isn't the only altcoin's account that has been affected by the new rules. Seems like perhaps targeting the ANN thread and rising coins threads wasn't necessarily the aim of the admins though...

legendary
September 20, 2018, 05:29:38 AM

legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
September 20, 2018, 05:28:55 AM

I read 1,061 for nutildah, and 2 for you.  That's about 530.5 to 1, but who's counting?

Of course, you feel disinclined to support such a system in which you hardly have established any stake or to bash others for their merit status when you hardly have established any of such yourself either, for that matter.
September 20, 2018, 04:50:11 AM

Pages:
Jump to: