Pages:
Author

Topic: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements - page 9. (Read 41211 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 172
September 24, 2018, 01:16:36 AM
Couldn't resist.

No, we are not here to throwing bones Grin

then why with me, why go back to the newbie, is there something wrong with me or the engine error  Huh
I saw the activities of the old people, commented a little but they got on the move faster   Roll Eyes  Shocked
I just look at your post history. Most of the post you're posted in the ANN threads and its filled with bounty reports and annoying big images. So its quite obvious why you didn't receive any merit.

Old people have the higher engine capacity like V12 but seem like the error is in your engine. It's time to change the engine or the entire vehicle before you're going to hit by some of the old member or mod Grin

If you're considering about the modifications, Read this manual and then you can move fast like the oldies.
Activity: 135
Merit: 0
September 24, 2018, 01:02:30 AM
then why with me, why go back to the newbie, is there something wrong with me or the engine error  Huh
I saw the activities of the old people, commented a little but they got on the move faster   Roll Eyes  Shocked
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
September 24, 2018, 12:17:58 AM
Couldn't resist.

The meme would be more funny if you were not serious.   Tongue
copper member
Activity: 97
Merit: 2
September 23, 2018, 10:26:05 PM
Couldn't resist.

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
September 23, 2018, 06:18:01 PM
<...> Well, a message with zero words is really minimalistic indeed. I wonder if there are other gifs with zero words which which have got merited. <...>
Here’s an example: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31165706. It’s jpg, but serves the purpose, and it got 14 sMerits. The referenced thread is rather prolific with these, but it is a rather particular ecosystem.
Activity: 62
September 23, 2018, 06:05:23 PM
good move to have minimum 1 merit to be abble to upgrade from newbie to Jr, but if you just have to post a message like this to earn a merit, it's not so difficult...   Cheesy

@the Phamarcist:
First as a joke, but you'll agree that given the difficulty of collecting merits on local boards, your donation is a little inappropriate...

Well, a message with zero words is really minimalistic indeed. I wonder if there are other gifs with zero words which which have got merited. We may discover that saying something is possibly NOT the best strategy to raise in rank Smiley If confirmed, that could be a terrific discovery for all those shitposters who cannot write in English but they do post nevertheless in abbundance. Suddenly they may chose to adopt this strategy which doesn't require being able to communicate with words and sentences.
Let's get ready for a tsumani of GIFs on the forum - Lol Cheesy
Activity: 420
Merit: 182
September 23, 2018, 04:36:14 PM
How to create a list of every demoted ex-junior member that received exactly 1 merit AFTER Theymos announced the new newbie restriction rules...
So be carefull, this list WILL receive false-positives, but my gut feeling tells me that at least 50% of the resulting users have abused the system...

So indirectly you are saying that who ever receive 1 Merit is subject to be suspicious ?   Grin

Well, apply some common sense, here: people who received no merit couldn't possibly be accused of abuse...  Grin

Let's see where the data takes us before making any pitched arguments, though.
Activity: 1002
Merit: 254
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
September 23, 2018, 02:41:57 PM
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
September 23, 2018, 05:54:26 AM
This is a right step in action to cleanse the forum of some of the numerous irrelevant post but seriously i don't think this will solve the situation fully as already some folks have started abusing the merit system as reported by LoyceV. I know this forum has a system where it rates the relevancy of post so what if we can use this system to automatically delete post that are irrelevant to topic under discussion. For instance if a comment is not more than 50% relevant then such a topic or comment should be automatically deleted by the system.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1157
September 23, 2018, 05:00:02 AM
After reading a great article on Medium, by Sebastian Wurst--a computer scientist turned digital health researcher turned digital strategist, thinking about #startups, #blockchain, #ai, and #digitalhealth--I would like to begin a thread about the 30 questions across 7 dimensions that he uses to assess an ICO thus providing a simple framework for ICO due diligence.

As a Newbie  (reformed shitposter! Smiley), I do not know where to begin with such a discussion or whether the validity of such a discussion is warranted here. If such a discussion is warranted and, as the work belongs to Sebastian Wurst, I will do my utmost to ensure that his intellectual property is properly recognized in the forum.

Please help!
Anything about ICOs should ideally be started in the Altcoin Discussion threads. If you want to discuss its wider implication to bitcoin ecosystem, you could also use the Bitcoin Discussion page.
Activity: 238
September 23, 2018, 04:42:07 AM
After reading a great article on Medium, by Sebastian Wurst--a computer scientist turned digital health researcher turned digital strategist, thinking about #startups, #blockchain, #ai, and #digitalhealth--I would like to begin a thread about the 30 questions across 7 dimensions that he uses to assess an ICO thus providing a simple framework for ICO due diligence.

As a Newbie  (reformed shitposter! Smiley), I do not know where to begin with such a discussion or whether the validity of such a discussion is warranted here. If such a discussion is warranted and, as the work belongs to Sebastian Wurst, I will do my utmost to ensure that his intellectual property is properly recognized in the forum.

Please help!
Activity: 1022
Merit: 69
September 23, 2018, 04:01:05 AM
YEAH !
Finally, I feel better!  ;-^=

Huh Posts:   3389 Huh an 1 Merit. this is really crazy.
I checked you post history and could not stand it. all these pictures. i did not try to read something you posted.

and I cant see the post that you got the merit for.

This is not a problem.
For example, if you are using firefox:

1. In Firefox’s browser address bar, type about:config and press Enter.

2. In the search bar below the address bar, scroll down and search for permissions.default.image

3. Double click on the row and hange the integer value to 2

source:
https://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/64881/how-to-disable-images-in-firefox/

September 23, 2018, 03:18:45 AM
This change is require because people are using multiple account for bounty. Also the threads get spamming. also People not hesitate to full people and promote scam project. If the trust get negative they make new accounts and can become Jr. member easily so they can spam or scam again. Because of that people already loose money. Which reduce trust on crypto community. Now I think the scam project will reduce in nos. So this new rule is healthier for crypto community.  
Activity: 33
Merit: 3
September 23, 2018, 02:51:40 AM
I am glad my Diamond Membership did not expire before these changes were implemented.

My single merit means I will never again be a newbie  Cool

In all seriousness, the amount of merit begging in this thread is hilarious, as is the number of spammers who have found themselves no longer able to earn money from posting nonsense around here.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
September 23, 2018, 02:46:51 AM
<...>and I cant see the post that you got the merit for.
This is the post: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.34358688
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113
September 23, 2018, 02:23:51 AM
YEAH !
Finally, I feel better!  ;-^=

Huh Posts:   3389 Huh an 1 Merit. this is really crazy.
I checked you post history and could not stand it. all these pictures. i did not try to read something you posted.

and I cant see the post that you got the merit for.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 69
September 23, 2018, 02:20:54 AM
YEAH !
Finally, I feel better!  ^

Activity: 364
Merit: 4
September 23, 2018, 12:49:25 AM
I think the new rules is so strict. It is quite hard to get merits to become higher level.
September 22, 2018, 07:37:47 PM
I see I have been demoted back to Newbie. Yes, I believe that I have been guilty of building quote pyramids and the like with hundreds of SM links as a bounty hunter. However, I will endeavor to change my ways and provide a better contribution to keep the forum for what it was originally intended. I regret that my introduction to BTT was by ICO bounty recruiters and unfortunately I accepted this as the norm.

You are honest  and like many others you were here to make coin via ICO bounty.

It is refreshing to see some honesty thanks as you saved me checking 20 pages of  your posts.

Thank you for your response. I feel honored receiving a response from a Legend.

I have to admit, that this industry is an exciting one to be part of.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
September 22, 2018, 05:49:28 PM
Due to new rules (the rank system), there were Bitcointalk users, on the one hand, saying this is a good thing and then, on the other hand, applauding those who did a protest. Those Who think this means nothing clearly, as it will no longer change things. My own opinion; I think it was built to improve the quality of the platform. When I registered to this platform I saw there was a new rank system so I was thinking how can I get merit, I thought it would be difficult! But nothing was like what I thought, it is not difficult if you make quality topics and threads. I have opened quality topics and I've written quality comments. I don't blame anybody, so no offence intended, but some users only make unnecessary comments to gain activity or they complete their weekly comments in the signature campaign which they have to do. They are actually contributing spamming comments, available on every language (English, Russian, Turkish etc.). All of these comments for me appear to be spam and a waste of valuable space. I feel uncomfortable seeing them, there is also a multi-account usage, there are users who control 10 or 15 accounts, I think that a solution should be found for the multi accounts to limit their spamming capability and decrease worthless or ineffective content.
Pages:
Jump to: