Pages:
Author

Topic: Enhanced newbie restrictions & requirements - page 16. (Read 41495 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
www.cryptodesign.cc
September 19, 2018, 07:37:58 AM
I fully support the changes you've made, and think that t has been a bit overdue (lol, spoken as a Newbie hehehe).
I have been on the Bitcointalk forums for a while now, but rarely posted anything because I thought I didnt have anything constructive or informative to say regarding certain topics (it was probably covered by a more senior member account or some information people could find on Discord or just plain googling), and I'm really really against posting something in the likes of:
"nice project, going places, will watch closely etc. etc.",
as that kind of post has nothing to say, nothing informative or constructive about it, and made just so you have a higher post count and activity count.
I am happy to pay for a Copper Membership, as I have used the forums for information and education for nearly a year now as a member, and a few years as a guest, and can say the fee is symbolic (in my point of view) and such a small price to pay for what I get from the forums; Also, very much deserved by the admins and moderators of the forums.
Again, I fully support this change and am looking forward to earning my right to post and take part in this amazing community that we are

Agree fully.
Also agree with "Copper Membership" and i asume that there will be silver and gold in the future.
Restrictions are needed to enhance quality of posts that exists on this forum.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
September 19, 2018, 06:38:33 AM
Dear Sir,

Today I was a sad when wake up and now am not longer Jr Member. All my hard tasks of copypasting are now for nothing  Huh I demand a justice be enforced in the short terms so my important works may be reinstituted. If you except, than thank you for your wide decision. If you fail to excerpt, may plague of a giant spiders pax the house holds of your future generators for all of eternity.

Thank you,

BountyMan69
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
September 19, 2018, 06:21:09 AM
Another example of proper English of a high ranked member:
Thats realy good News about !

Thanks for that , hopefully this will be reduce a little the Spam !  

But i guess a lot of Crying Babies coming now and want a pacifier !  LOL   Cheesy

Realy awesome work theymos , and there is now more hope for a clean  Forum !
I wander does theymos has a plan what to do with that kind of the forum's problem?
Activity: 294
Merit: 9
September 19, 2018, 05:46:39 AM
Wo! Wo! How many did notice that within less than 2 days there have been more than 9K views and 600+ post on this topic ?
To be honest i hope this new requirement will help newbies to learn from the forum and contribute to the community in order to earn at least 1 Merit to be a Jr. Member. Although as someone mentioned that account farming is a great issue as purchasing 1 Merit is just like a piece of cake.

I hope in near future forum administrators will also come up with new requirements in the marketplace section as it's full of scammers/peoples bumping in less than 24 hours as well as multiple misleading topics.
Activity: 73
Merit: 13
September 19, 2018, 03:52:56 AM
I fully support the changes you've made, and think that t has been a bit overdue (lol, spoken as a Newbie hehehe).
I have been on the Bitcointalk forums for a while now, but rarely posted anything because I thought I didnt have anything constructive or informative to say regarding certain topics (it was probably covered by a more senior member account or some information people could find on Discord or just plain googling), and I'm really really against posting something in the likes of:
"nice project, going places, will watch closely etc. etc.",
as that kind of post has nothing to say, nothing informative or constructive about it, and made just so you have a higher post count and activity count.
I am happy to pay for a Copper Membership, as I have used the forums for information and education for nearly a year now as a member, and a few years as a guest, and can say the fee is symbolic (in my point of view) and such a small price to pay for what I get from the forums; Also, very much deserved by the admins and moderators of the forums.
Again, I fully support this change and am looking forward to earning my right to post and take part in this amazing community that we are
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
September 19, 2018, 02:12:17 AM
If people are making good posts but are still struggling to get merit, then that's a problem with the merit system and should be fixed on my end.

Without a doubt I agree in some point that getting merits even though you are making good quality post is too hard for the most of us here. In my opinion, there are reasons why a certain person doesn't receive any merits because:

1. He is not that famous here in the forum, I mean based on what I observed on this forum, most of the members that gets merits are those who have higher reputation in this forum, well I guess that can't be help since they are really making good quality post, but I think getting merits depends on how much we appreciated that certain person, if we know that he is making good quality post, let's say for example we read someone's post but his name is not familiar to us yet the quality is good, we will have a second thought if we are going to give him a merit, unlike when we are in the situation that we see a post from a very famous people here, and automatically we give them merits without hesitating.

2. His post has always been buried in the previous thread because of the spamming post made by the shit posters, making it hard to be find.
3. Most of the merited posts are in this thread, if I'm not mistaken, I rarely see post on the other threads like Bitcoin Discussion, Economy and Altcoin Discussion that has been merited by someone. I know you'll say that there is a lot of spammers in those threads, but there are some who are making good quality post too.

Again, this is just my opinion. Smiley

That's right, but not all the hard limits for newbies will solve the spam problem here. Why admins don't receive priority preferences for posts from members who have been rated, may be shown first or will be preferred on page 1 or page 2, and the following pages will still be displayed Posts from newbies.
I am also a newbie, and so lucky when i got 1 merit of try hard in my posts, but obviously this puts a label on all the newbie, and management is creating a big limits for newbies that they're trying to contribute this forum.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 100
September 19, 2018, 01:57:00 AM
Day by day bitcointalk.org Forum becoming more stable and secure... For extra flexibility, security forum admin changes its rules... Such kind of rule is Merit system. Merit system reduces the scamming activities, more scammers involve themselves in unfit garbages Post which make forum badly.By newbie restrictions and requirements rule by theymos will reduce scamming, cheating. As a result forum will be more stable, secure and safety. I deeply support this moderation.. I salute the perfect man '' Theymos"".

Supor idea generate by theymos sir... Merit systems > remove scamming >more security >more stable
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 46
Id Telegram : @dam_six
September 18, 2018, 11:45:41 PM
thnks for Admins because my accounct change to Cooper Member.

and special thnks for @saptamunggaran AKA BittrenX AKA Sapta to help with this problem. : https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/sapta-347141

im Youtuber for ICO and you can see here for my Chanel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2r4_BtmIYTn6DjTZsQjRA/videos
Activity: 1582
Merit: 759
September 18, 2018, 11:09:30 PM
The good news about it being 1 merit point is that this is actually sort of revealing alt accounts of abusing higher ranked members.
Activity: 280
Merit: 6
September 18, 2018, 11:08:59 PM
The new policy is really good, it helps reduce spam and has many quality posts
I agree that the quality of the forum will improve, as evidenced by the fact that the members have actively participated in the Meta thread, but I think when things stabilize, they may be the same.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083
September 18, 2018, 10:16:55 PM
I've now removed my bounty participants who got demoted to newbie rank in my bounty campaign. (Social media & Signature)

Their stakes prior to the  rank demotion will not be forfeited. They will get their respective rewards upon bounty distribution. They can come back anytime once they ranked up within the bounty period.
Activity: 78
Merit: 0
September 18, 2018, 09:51:01 PM
No Such, it was not addressed to you. Thanks for your replies. Now I am feeling like a drama Queen, tbh. Need to sleep. Thanks to all that took some of their time to reply to me in a respectful way.
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
September 18, 2018, 09:44:19 PM
~

If that was addressed to me - you clearly didn't read my thread. Try again.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 3282
September 18, 2018, 09:37:52 PM
I read that one member was working during 6 months on a signature bounty for nothing (he now must beg for his job being considered).

If a bounty manager chooses to deny stakes, then they are incompetent and scammed a bunch of Newbies/Jr. Members. They can fairly easily determine who was wearing the signature before the new merit requirement:

P.S. I copied all of the signatures and personal texts before wiping them from the demoted users. If bounty managers need info about this, send me a PM like "Please send me a list of all demoted users who had '_______' in their signature".

If a bounty manager pays nothing, I would highly recommend making a Scam Accusation.
September 18, 2018, 09:22:34 PM
Sorry for the bla-bla.

"Bla-bla", this is an abbreviation so that there is no wall of text. Nothing personal Smiley

Datum is a good project. Keeps on the market at this difficult time and the team is actively working Cool

Completelly out of topic, I know very well the project and one of his founders. I was one of the first 100 members on its old slack. Legit project, indeed. Good luck.
Activity: 588
Merit: 199
September 18, 2018, 09:18:28 PM
Sorry for the bla-bla.
"Bla-bla", this is an abbreviation so that there is no wall of text. Nothing personal Smiley

Datum - interesting, I invested in their ico, sold already, anyway.
Datum is a good project. Keeps on the market at this difficult time and the team is actively working Cool
Activity: 91
September 18, 2018, 09:17:47 PM
This new regulation has opened a new business opportunity for people with merit. Some will begin to sell theirs and I feel some of those happy in first place actually have hidden agenda. With time, every hidden thing will be made manifest in the open.
Activity: 166
September 18, 2018, 09:16:44 PM
To be sincere, the new merit system is very good. But how are we sure this would not lead into buying and selling of merit by members.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
September 18, 2018, 09:16:36 PM
I just hope that with this new regulation, the bitcoin forum will be cleaner than spam and back to being as useful as it once was
I miss a bitcoin forum that is free from spam, I fully support this policy
September 18, 2018, 09:16:13 PM
OMG, and bla bla bla

When you come to another country, a good habit is that you live by the rules of that country.
When you come to the forum, it is very good to live in the ecosystem of this forum.
What is the problem, man?)

The forum was not built around the bounty and signatures. Moreover, the main idea and the core of the forum revolves around bitcoin, not alts and shit-ico.
Can you set the right priorities?

The ability to read from you was not taken away. Do not like the forum, the Internet is full of them, but a little smaller in size, but you'll find something that you like Wink

Agree. I read that sugestion toward other members also. I agree with it at 100%.

Sorry for the bla-bla.

Datum - interesting, I invested in their ico, sold already, anyway.
Pages:
Jump to: