Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 36. (Read 360500 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
February 28, 2014, 08:53:27 AM
It's only been 2 months since the coin launch. RPC needs a rebranding to gain recognition among the Ron Paul community. We also need a deal with DailyPaul or some other prominent libertarian website to accept donations in RPC. After that's done, I think the value will shoot up.

The problem is the devs don't seem to care about any of that. That shouldn't matter though - Satoshi Nakamoto's absence didn't stop Bitcoin from reaching the moon. Instead of depending on the devs, we want an active community that's loud about RonPaulCoin and its similarities to gold (scarcity). There are many many people who are supporters of Crypto and Ron Paul, but have never even heard about RPC. We need to change that by letting them know, and for that we need (among other things) a professional website/logo design.

There is no point having an active community without LEADERSHIP.

No leader = no active community.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
February 28, 2014, 07:20:24 AM
It's only been 2 months since the coin launch. RPC needs a rebranding to gain recognition among the Ron Paul community. We also need a deal with DailyPaul or some other prominent libertarian website to accept donations in RPC. After that's done, I think the value will shoot up.

The problem is the devs don't seem to care about any of that. That shouldn't matter though - Satoshi Nakamoto's absence didn't stop Bitcoin from reaching the moon. Instead of depending on the devs, we want an active community that's loud about RonPaulCoin and its similarities to gold (scarcity). There are many many people who are supporters of Crypto and Ron Paul, but have never even heard about RPC. We need to change that by letting them know, and for that we need (among other things) a professional website/logo design.
legendary
Activity: 1106
The future is bright with DigiByte.
February 28, 2014, 06:44:24 AM
What is happening to this coin? Is it already dead? No move upward at all!!!! I did not sell all my coins. I wish I had done.
February 28, 2014, 05:56:57 AM
Every vote counts. It's time to have a poll on the new logo. Devs, are you here? The community is a bit silent lately, but I think the reports of RPC's death have been greatly exagerrated Smiley.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 26, 2014, 06:18:51 PM

It does seems simular to something ....  but it's great you put effort into it!  .. .i'm sorry.... we could just change KFC into RPC... Wink

I think it's great you're quoting the Kentucky Fried Chicken logo. You see, KFC has millions of customers. When people look at their logo, they're thinking "oh, KFC".

But when they look at this:

or this:

they're thinking "oh, a gold coin". That's part of the reason RPC is losing value. It's not appealing enough.

I want RPC to be simplistic and modern. RPC is not a gold coin, it's a cryptocurrency - one of the most important technological and social advancements of the 21th century. In my opinion the coin design should not be trying to mimic gold's look. RPC is not an actual gold coin, it's a brand.

Yes, it's the Ron Paul Revolution face. I don't know who has the rights to this image, I put it there because it looks good.
I decided to put the word "GOLD" on the coin, because I feel that cryptocurrencies ultimately stem from gold, given that both share a deflationary nature and both exist in a limited supply.

Please provide critique.

I want the dev to switch to your logo.
It looks great!

I am sorry, i do appreciate everyone investing time in this, but i think those designs are hideious.
legendary
February 26, 2014, 04:03:00 PM
It's taking about 10 minutes 1 hour to find a block. Huh Huh
how it is possible with gravity well?

Coin doesn't have gravity well.

It has a modified version of KGW, main problem is Difficulty retarget time is 1 day.......hence when diff drops the hash-rate surge to the moon and when diff goes back up, hash-rate plummets back to earth
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
February 26, 2014, 03:59:04 PM

It does seems simular to something ....  but it's great you put effort into it!  .. .i'm sorry.... we could just change KFC into RPC... Wink

I think it's great you're quoting the Kentucky Fried Chicken logo. You see, KFC has millions of customers. When people look at their logo, they're thinking "oh, KFC".

or this:

they're thinking "oh, a gold coin". That's part of the reason RPC is losing value. It's not appealing enough.

I want RPC to be simplistic and modern. RPC is not a gold coin, it's a cryptocurrency - one of the most important technological and social advancements of the 21th century. In my opinion the coin design should not be trying to mimic gold's look. RPC is not an actual gold coin, it's a brand.

Yes, it's the Ron Paul Revolution face. I don't know who has the rights to this image, I put it there because it looks good.
I decided to put the word "GOLD" on the coin, because I feel that cryptocurrencies ultimately stem from gold, given that both share a deflationary nature and both exist in a limited supply.

Please provide critique.

I want the dev to switch to your logo.
It looks great!
Activity: 224
February 26, 2014, 03:53:08 PM
I thought that fork was for implementing KGW because we have problems with difficulty jumps. hmm bad information..
Activity: 308
February 26, 2014, 03:01:56 PM

Coin doesn't have gravity well.
Activity: 224
February 26, 2014, 03:01:14 PM
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
February 26, 2014, 01:04:50 PM
0.0061     Cry Cry Cry
safe from pump-n-dump...

It's safe from multipools... but it's not safe from pump n dump. Those people buy at low value and push the value up. They are not the miners... but they need volume to do so.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
February 26, 2014, 06:13:06 AM
Finally dead.
Activity: 6
February 26, 2014, 04:26:05 AM
0.0061     Cry Cry Cry
safe from pump-n-dump...
Activity: 321
February 26, 2014, 02:34:36 AM
Hey at least it slows the inflation rate.

legendary
February 26, 2014, 01:56:02 AM
legendary
Activity: 1526
the grandpa of cryptos
February 26, 2014, 12:33:07 AM
hard to mine, better do SUN coin for few days
legendary
February 26, 2014, 12:04:25 AM

Please provide critique.

That's a nice face.

Agree with BTC4ever...... Liberty , Property, not sure about Life but would prefer Sound Money.
Activity: 321
February 25, 2014, 08:19:51 PM
@trebuszek.   I like your design and agree with your logic.  I would vote for it over any I have seen thus far.

I do question a bit the Peace * Gold * Love.

Instead I favor:  Life * Liberty * Property.

Many people personally identify with the "Revolution" logo from the 2008 and 2012 campaigns.  I would prefer that we incorporate it as well.
February 25, 2014, 06:43:53 PM
http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID34737/images/kfc_logo_file_www_ComVort.png

http://i.imgur.com/WkmbJ3V.jpg

or this:
http://i.imgur.com/RX5n9ox.png

http://i.imgur.com/LpU2o2B.png

Please provide critique.
Pages:
Jump to: