Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 69. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 24, 2014, 11:54:11 AM
Can anyone quickly explain to me the following -

What will hitting the fork actually do. Reduce or increase difficulty?

And how will it effect price when RPC is in short supply anyway?
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
January 24, 2014, 11:51:10 AM
Fitty to go!

Also the fatal flaw with sites like CoinWarz is that they're only taking into account the exchange rate at that particular moment in time.  A coin with a temporarily depressed price may fall way down the charts.
Activity: 224
Shitcoin Maximalist
January 24, 2014, 11:40:41 AM
I guess it's in everyone's interest to get this chain moving again.  Wink

Also, just because doesn't say its profitable to mine, that doesn't mean it isn't. Hashcows has its own proprietary switching algorithm that often identifies profit others are missing. I don't think the switch to RPC was a manual action, but more a function of the increase in RPC price.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
January 24, 2014, 11:36:38 AM
hashco eats them up. 20 blocks found within less than 2 hours. (1GH)
If they stay it´s only 2.5h to go
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
January 24, 2014, 11:13:18 AM
Come mine RPC with us over at hashcows (I know you all don't like multipools but we give every user the option to keep any coin they farm by simply un-checking a box, even recommenced it)

So if you would like we are currently farming RPC and would love to move the network toward the new fork, please coin  us at

[Suspicious link removed][/b][/size]

Over 1 GH of hashing power
Keep you're RPC!!!
What's your motivation for farming it right now? Its not currently the most profitable?
Greatful! Just curious? =)
maybe some remorce  Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 24, 2014, 11:06:28 AM
Come mine RPC with us over at hashcows (I know you all don't like multipools but we give every user the option to keep any coin they farm by simply un-checking a box, even recommenced it)

So if you would like we are currently farming RPC and would love to move the network toward the new fork, please coin  us at

Keep you're RPC!!!
What's your motivation for farming it right now? Its not currently the most profitable?
Greatful! Just curious? =)
Activity: 392
January 24, 2014, 10:59:51 AM

So if you would like we are currently farming RPC and would love to move the network toward the new fork, please coin  us at

Keep you're RPC!!!
wow what a speed now...  14 coins hashed in 1h 12min

fork is coming closer and closer

tnx hashco[dot]ws
Activity: 196
January 24, 2014, 10:52:23 AM

Only 127 blocks to go!

Requesting everyone add your mining support to RonPaulCoin!

LET'S MINE OUR WAY TO BLOCK # 13650 !!!

100 Blocks to go folks.

By my uneducated mathemetizing that is about 74 hours at current hash rate. So by monday we should be at the fork.
Maybe Cryptsy will attract some miners. 

60 blocks now!
Activity: 126
KlondikeCoin - Get Real Gold !
January 24, 2014, 10:35:46 AM

mysticdoge I like that coin too but you are injuring it's reputation by spamming other coins threads with it. Please edit, maybe you copied the wrong link.

I just noticed this and i think he mean't to post a link to his poll thread unrelated to KDC. I have pm'd him asking him to change the links so it  doesn't make us look bad!

Thanks.

was mistake, sorry. Have corrected it Smiley
January 24, 2014, 10:29:34 AM
My understanding is the block time is how long it aims to take by adjusting difficulty based on hash time. If hash time does not change, then (prefork) the difficulty would be changed to set the block time to the correct time. So it has this relationship in the most basic sense Hash/difficulty= block time.
Post fork this is no longer true, it will take multiple adjustments to meet the correct block time due to 11% limit.
I'm new to all this though so I could be 100% completely wrong

Activity: 224
Shitcoin Maximalist
January 24, 2014, 10:27:56 AM
http://hashco.ws

What he said. ^  Grin

Activity: 420
January 24, 2014, 10:21:24 AM
What is the relationship between difficulty and block find time? Right now it's almost 30 minutes for a block - i was supposed to be 1-2 min.

The whole point of this fork was to balance and bring the block time back to normal. I do not fully understand the relationship between block find time, difficulty, and hashrate.

Isn't block time supposed to remain relatively constant? Would it remain relatively constant at 60-90 sec spot after the for no matter the difficulty and hash rate?

If someone can explain this, I would appreciate it.

Also, after the fork, it would take a good amount of time at least 24 hours for the difficulty to decrease significantly.
Activity: 98
January 24, 2014, 09:54:52 AM
So assuming max 11% retarget diff should be just under 70 once it hits. 

Probably will take a few more retargets before hashrates start to significantly recover.
Activity: 84
January 24, 2014, 09:34:40 AM

mysticdoge I like that coin too but you are injuring it's reputation by spamming other coins threads with it. Please edit, maybe you copied the wrong link.

I just noticed this and i think he mean't to post a link to his poll thread unrelated to KDC. I have pm'd him asking him to change the links so it  doesn't make us look bad!

Thanks.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 683
Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big
January 24, 2014, 09:24:32 AM

http://hashco.ws

Keep you're RPC!!!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 24, 2014, 09:04:54 AM
I contacted these guys too.

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/

If a few of you whales contact and say I'd like to donate 100 bucks or so but I will only send via RPC they would probably implement it pretty quick.

January 24, 2014, 08:46:07 AM
I contacted campaign for liberty to see if they might look into accepting donations in rpc. Maybe if everyone does it they will take it seriously or do a story.

http://www.campaignforliberty.org/contact-us/

In case anyone wonders what Ron Paul is about I found this on http://www.ronpaulchannel.com

Paulian Platform
The Ten Principles of Liberty

1.) Rights belong to individuals, not groups; they derive from our nature and can neither be granted nor taken away by government.

2.) All peaceful, voluntary economic and social associations are permitted; consent is the basis of the social and economic order.

3.) Justly acquired property is privately owned by individuals and voluntary groups, and this ownership cannot be arbitrarily voided by governments.

4.) Government may not redistribute private wealth or grant special privileges to any individual or group.

5.) Individuals are responsible for their own actions; government cannot and should not protect us from ourselves.

6.) Government may not claim the monopoly over a people’s money and governments must never engage in official counterfeiting, even in the name of macroeconomic stability.

7.) Aggressive wars, even when called preventative, and even when they pertain only to trade relations, are forbidden.

8.) Jury nullification, that is, the right of jurors to judge the law as well as the facts, is a right of the people and the courtroom norm.

9.) All forms of involuntary servitude are prohibited, not only slavery but also conscription, forced association, and forced welfare distribution.

10.) Government must obey the law that it expects other people to obey and thereby must never use force to mold behavior, manipulate social outcomes, manage the economy, or tell other countries how to behave.

From Ron Paul’s book, “Liberty Defined”
January 24, 2014, 08:21:27 AM
Not sure how you guys got 100+ rpc but I'm jealous. I'm guessing you didn't mine them unless you have deep blue or something.

Not sure how the dumb and dumber image was offensive unless it's Jim Carry's anti-gun crap spewing that bothers you. If this is offensive you are in the wrong forum.

We need to lively up a bit around here. Go look in the doge thread, people are having a blast.
January 24, 2014, 07:57:58 AM
FIRST NORTH AMERICAN Pool
URL: rpc.cryptotycoons.com

Please sign up and give it a try!!
.5% fees!
withdrawal fees are 0.0001 RPC
DDOS protection
over 3.0 Ths bandwidth!
Enterprise Hardware!
I'm also the owner of the official forum at ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com and many other pools which you can see at cryptotycoons.com!

This is one of the oldest, most trusted pools for this coin =)
Come join it!!! =D
Activity: 17
January 24, 2014, 07:51:18 AM
Blocks still taking a while... an hour or two.

Except between 13527 and 13535, which were all solved in a 17 minute stretch.

Could have been a statistical fluke, I suppose...

Hashcows (a multipool) was on-board for a few minutes at a time on 5 different occasions within the last 5 or 6 hours with about 1 Gh/s, finding 27 blocks just by themselves.  Funny how the multipools that got us in this predicament are helping us get out of it faster.
Pages:
Jump to: