Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 66. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 296
Merit: 250
January 25, 2014, 03:26:41 AM
Thanks for that. It made me locate the exact location of the "ignore" button. Haven't used it yet, not that desperate Wink
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
January 25, 2014, 03:06:32 AM
Forking dead coins should be forbidden. It made my smart sell-out (because the coin should have died) not being so smart now just by cheat (ressurection of dead coin). Its the same like if you inheritaged a house, repaired it, and someone ressurected your grandma and made your investment totally foolish...

The problem of altcoins is that even dead coin is still alive. If there will be 1000 (un)dead crappy coins, there will be no chance to make them worth by absolute 0 price because its always possible that someone will try to ressurect them and make a quick money. It will have negative impact on healthy coins because the value will be wasted up to these (un)dead coins. Like at the mooncrap coin.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
January 25, 2014, 02:47:02 AM
Checkpoints are now being pushed. And all is well. Fork should be good.

2014-01-25 06:44:28 Committing 28 changed transactions to coin database...
2014-01-25 06:44:28 SetBestChain: new best=37e0244528d6c495ffd79efe26880f5380b92
39abb32f69af346bb556902e6f8  height=13632  log2_work=50.127665  tx=40750  date=2
014-01-25 06:43:44 progress=0.999876
2014-01-25 06:44:28 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED
2014-01-25 06:44:29 getblocks -1 to 00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
00000000000000000000 limit 500
2014-01-25 06:44:29 ProcessSyncCheckpoint: sync-checkpoint at 6e1921f1b1946d5aa5
7b685a206fb334b45b4b2fe8c8b4471476277ddfd2f31a
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 25, 2014, 02:11:53 AM
FIRST NORTH AMERICAN Pool
URL: rpc.cryptotycoons.com

Please sign up and give it a try!!
.5% fees!
withdrawal fees are 0.0001 RPC
DDOS protection
over 3.0 Ths bandwidth!
Enterprise Hardware!
I'm also the owner of the official forum at ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com and many other pools which you can see at cryptotycoons.com!

This is one of the oldest, most trusted pools for this coin =)
Come join it!!! =D
Activity: 321
January 25, 2014, 02:00:17 AM
If someone wants to organize some kind of community store, great..  One of us still has gotta make it happen though.

Personally I think that something like what I am suggesting (selling momentos) is simple enough that one person can get it going pretty easily.  And there is profit incentive to do so. So why shouldn't the person actually doing the work get the full reward for their labor, initiative and capital investment?    I believe Ron Paul would agree.

I may go ahead and do it myself ( have done it before for other projects ) but it might be a while due to other commitments.  That's why I'm throwing the idea out there in case anyone else would like to run with it first.  Heck I'll even be amongst your first customers for a mug and a T-Shirt.

There is tons of Ron Paul imagery and quotes on the net.   Just use a little imagination.

Now I shall leave y'all to go back to talking endlessly in circles about hash rate, multipools, and the upcoming fork.

I suggest that anyone here that is unhappy with the price or hashrate of RonPaulCoin should dedicate the next few hours to designing some nice RonPaulCoin graphics and then head over to cafepress, zazzle or your local print shop and start selling them... for RPC of course.

WORD^^^

I was thinking about this on my drive home. IMO, we should communally start a cafepress/zazzle store and use the proceeds (all RPC) to help drive RPC development. We can use the blockchain explorer to show how much coins the address has received/spent so it's transparent, and it can be used for things like:

bounties

VPS for hosting some important RPC-related stuff

giveaways

donations to organizations

basically whatever....we could vote on it. Call it the Ron Paul Coin Foundation and it's proceeds are purely donations and the cafepress/zazzle store.

Anyone?
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1052
May the force bit with you.
January 25, 2014, 12:44:53 AM
We are getting close!

Checkpoints will start to be pushed once we are within 5-10 blocks of the fork. Everyone on the newest version should be good.  Older versions will resit.

Adoption rate of the new client seems to be much better, I'm looking at 80%.  If there is any issue and we need to force old clients off, an alert will be sent out, for a quick upgrade patch.

Just be mindful and perhaps wait a bit to start sending a lot of coins around.

Good luck!

Activity: 486
Merit: 500
January 24, 2014, 11:38:22 PM
For those mining DOGE, there is now a direct DOGE/RPC exhange on coinedup.com!

Nice!
Activity: 296
January 24, 2014, 10:51:06 PM
For those mining DOGE, there is now a direct DOGE/RPC exhange on coinedup.com!
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
January 24, 2014, 10:37:49 PM

I suggest that anyone here that is unhappy with the price or hashrate of RonPaulCoin should dedicate the next few hours to designing some nice RonPaulCoin graphics and then head over to cafepress, zazzle or your local print shop and start selling them... for RPC of course.

WORD^^^

I was thinking about this on my drive home. IMO, we should communally start a cafepress/zazzle store and use the proceeds (all RPC) to help drive RPC development. We can use the blockchain explorer to show how much coins the address has received/spent so it's transparent, and it can be used for things like:

bounties

giveaways

basically whatever....we could vote on it. Call it the Ron Paul Coin Foundation and it's proceeds are purely donations and the cafepress/zazzle store.

Anyone?

I only think thats a good idea if one more thing is added to that list, that being:

A percentage (50% ?) of all donations goes towards Ron Paul and/or Rand Paul , the least we could do, that great guy is the reason the coin was made, as a tribute to him and what he stands for, I think it only fitting to donate towards their cause. Especially after his positive remarks on that interview!

That would also help get this coin exposure to support groups of Ron Paul.
Activity: 23
Merit: 10
January 24, 2014, 10:19:10 PM

WORD^^^

bounties

giveaways

Anyone?
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
January 24, 2014, 09:09:10 PM
Goodluck with your fork Smiley Ours went beautifully Cheesy
Activity: 321
January 24, 2014, 09:07:28 PM
That's one way to look at it.   An unrealistic and futile way.

Another perspective is that this coin was launched in a known pool switching environment.  If it is to survive, it must have the technical foundation in place to compete effectively in that environment.  Clearly, it initially did not.  I and many others warned of this problem very very early on and were ignored, shouted down, told we were trying to destroy the value of the coin, and so on, until the proverbial SHTF, and the difficulty retarget problem became obvious to all.

It is in no one's best interest to mine something at a loss in order to support others.  This is the free rider problem.   And this coin was requiring exactly that type of sacrifice.

Most ironically, It was marketed with the words "Safe from Pump and Dump".

Don't get me wrong.  I love this coin because Ron Paul is a great man, and because the coin was launched fairly.  However I do not expect anyone to throw themselves on a sword mining it when they could be mining much more profitable coins elsewhere.

The key to getting miners on board is to build community, software, services, and brand around RonPaulCoin.  That will bring miners, hashrate, and increased price.

That's the type of work that needs to be done.  Just bitching about people not sacrificing themselves mining it when the coin has a technical glitch isn't going to improve matters.

IMHO you should have started your rigs at day one and left them untouched all this time.

Feels so lame that people come here and say "Ah, I'll do RPC now", meaning "Ah, good that the very few loyal miners kept mining this coin even though it was not profitable and blocks were found slow as hell, and dragged this coin out of its miserable situation (no offense). I will jump in now, so I can profit from it".

It's like building a skyscraper and letting all others do basicly everything and all you do is paint one wall, but you profit from the fact that 'you helped build it', and as such you should receive a share of the monthly income of the building.
You get the point. Just my two cents.

Nevertheless, mine! And keep mining!
Activity: 486
Merit: 500
January 24, 2014, 09:03:12 PM
Only 34 blocks to fork!

Why is http://rpc.cryptotycoons.com saying in 62 blocks? http://rpc.pooljunkie.nl is saying in 14 blocks.
Activity: 3
January 24, 2014, 08:48:35 PM
IMHO you should have started your rigs at day one and left them untouched all this time.

Feels so lame that people come here and say "Ah, I'll do RPC now", meaning "Ah, good that the very few loyal miners kept mining this coin even though it was not profitable and blocks were found slow as hell, and dragged this coin out of its miserable situation (no offense). I will jump in now, so I can profit from it".

It's like building a skyscraper and letting all others do basicly everything and all you do is paint one wall, but you profit from the fact that 'you helped build it', and as such you should receive a share of the monthly income of the building.
You get the point. Just my two cents.

Nevertheless, mine! And keep mining!
Activity: 364
January 24, 2014, 07:58:37 PM
34 blocks to go

Gentleman, start your rigs....
legendary
Activity: 854
January 24, 2014, 07:53:30 PM
Gotta love how Ron Paul destroys that anchor in the OP vid when she begins spouting off nonsense.

Highlights exactly why we need crpytocurrency as a whole.  

It brings justice and light into fiendishly corrupted and unbalanced monetary systems around the world.

Good points, atp. Why are you not on ypool anymore?

The school semester started here so i attempt to curb my online presence.... especially in chat rooms full of intelligent individuals who can put up a good convo and make me forget about homework.  Grin

Ah, understandable. We miss your presence though. Smiley

Aw thanks man.  Summer is not far off! 
legendary
Activity: 1105
January 24, 2014, 07:24:12 PM
Stop announcing how many blocks to go.

All you are doing is alerting the big miners to come in and mine it all.

You will then be left with peanuts.

Think!!! strategy!!!

My understanding is the new fork will only drop difficulty 11%. This will not attract anyone of size. There's also the fact that the big miners usually know what they're doing and probably already know what's going on.
Activity: 5
January 24, 2014, 07:23:53 PM
It's very funny that you think that... the big guys don't monitor this thread, they have scripts for that.
legendary
Activity: 924
January 24, 2014, 07:18:27 PM
Stop announcing how many blocks to go.

All you are doing is alerting the big miners to come in and mine it all.

You will then be left with peanuts.

Think!!! strategy!!!
legendary
Activity: 1927
Merit: 1004
January 24, 2014, 07:05:31 PM
34 looong blocks. taking ages. i got 7.2 rpc. i want more but i have to be patient.
Pages:
Jump to: