Pages:
Author

Topic: error - page 68. (Read 360500 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
January 24, 2014, 01:56:38 PM
and i can imagine how profitable it will get that's why i'm posting my concerns about multipools here because i was giving thought to altcoin profability. i'm a miner who is a holder and a buyer...  Wink

All good, adult discussion ftw. FWIW I've been mining at your pool on and off the whole time and have no problem with it, you, hashcows, or anything else.  Smiley

i like n0nplusultra pools because i like the concept and kana (the admin) is a really nice guy...

and i'm just against multipools because of said reasons, not saying i never mined at hashcows but i realised what i was doing and stopped...plus i had the feeling that i wasn't getting enough for the claim to be more profitable than a normal pool...
i also think miners are (should be) statistic based people and multipools don't really give you much info...but sure you could say that's an completly other issue...

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
January 24, 2014, 01:48:02 PM
FIRST NORTH AMERICAN Pool
URL: rpc.cryptotycoons.com

Please sign up and give it a try!!
.5% fees!
withdrawal fees are 0.0001 RPC
DDOS protection
over 3.0 Ths bandwidth!
Enterprise Hardware!
I'm also the owner of the official forum at ronpaulcoin.cryptotycoons.com and many other pools which you can see at cryptotycoons.com!

This is one of the oldest, most trusted pools for this coin =)
Come join it!!! =D
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Shitcoin Maximalist
January 24, 2014, 01:46:05 PM
and i can imagine how profitable it will get that's why i'm posting my concerns about multipools here because i was giving thought to altcoin profability. i'm a miner who is a holder and a buyer...  Wink

All good, adult discussion ftw. FWIW I've been mining at your pool on and off the whole time and have no problem with it, you, hashcows, or anything else.  Smiley
Activity: 126
January 24, 2014, 01:44:19 PM
Price has gone up with 180% today!
January 24, 2014, 01:34:14 PM

Why would a multipool mine a coin that is at the moment not the most profitable coin?

Because he knows it'll get profitable and that's a good way to get miners into his pool...

Ron Paul Coin has been on the [Suspicious link removed] rotation today on its own merit, as I have just confirmed with the pool operators. The auto-switching algorithm at [Suspicious link removed] selects on a variety of factors, not just by scraping Coinwarz. Cheesy RPC has been profitable at various intervals today in spite of the ridiculous difficulty relative to hashrate. Imagine how profitable its going to become when the fork occurs.  Grin

I really don't want to discuss the algorithms of [Suspicious link removed], i'm talking about multipools in general.

January 24, 2014, 01:28:00 PM
and long retarget times may not be practical but that's not the issue here

Of course it is, it's exactly the issue. With sensible retarget times and difficulty change caps (exactly like the RPC devs have now done), multipools aren't a problem.

Yeah that's also what the dev of 42 thought and just look at it! Bouncey-bouncey-bouncey!
Unless multipool owner figure out a clever way to distribute the hashrate they get from their users nobody should use them, for the sake of the community in generel...
Shitcoin Maximalist
January 24, 2014, 01:23:59 PM

Why would a multipool mine a coin that is at the moment not the most profitable coin?

Because he knows it'll get profitable and that's a good way to get miners into his pool...

Ron Paul Coin has been on the Hashco.ws rotation today on its own merit, as I have just confirmed with the pool operators. The auto-switching algorithm at hashco.ws selects on a variety of factors, not just by scraping Coinwarz. Cheesy RPC has been profitable at various intervals today in spite of the ridiculous difficulty relative to hashrate. Imagine how profitable its going to become when the fork occurs.  Grin
Shitcoin Maximalist
January 24, 2014, 01:21:07 PM
and long retarget times may not be practical but that's not the issue here

Of course it is, it's exactly the issue. With sensible retarget times and difficulty change caps (exactly like the RPC devs have now done), multipools aren't a problem.
Activity: 112
January 24, 2014, 01:17:37 PM
Come mine RPC with us over at hashcows (I know you all don't like multipools but we give every user the option to keep any coin they farm by simply un-checking a box, even recommenced it)

So if you would like we are currently farming RPC and would love to move the network toward the new fork, please coin  us at

[Suspicious link removed][/b][/size]

Over 1 GH of hashing power
Keep you're RPC!!!

that's a clever one. Not mining the most profitable coin at this moment, but get some that are the most profitable in the (near) future. I like that idea.
January 24, 2014, 01:15:44 PM
Come mine RPC with us over at hashcows (I know you all don't like multipools but we give every user the option to keep any coin they farm by simply un-checking a box, even recommenced it)

So if you would like we are currently farming RPC and would love to move the network toward the new fork, please coin  us at

Keep you're RPC!!!

January 24, 2014, 01:14:48 PM

Yes. It's all connected... if people are interrested in a coin, they start mining it. Hashrate increases and so does the difficulty. When a coin is hard to mine and people want to buy it the price goes up.
When a multipool "attacks" a coin diff goes up, but then left high and all the hashrate leaves the coin , and the coin stays behind crippled since nobody wants to mine a coin that is not worth the effort.
That is why the coin is being hardforked. Shorter retarget times make the coin less interresting for multipools.

And that's why multipools are bad children, m'kay...you should not use them!!!
M'kay...

LOL no, that's why long retarget times aren't practical for alts.

Just ask the devs of all altcoins killed off in 2013 in the same way.

RPC holders should be grateful that there is a strong community behind this coin, who have kept the chain moving (even if it has been at a snail's pace). This hard fork is fixing a mistake that could've been avoided, and RPC will be an even better coin after the fork.

with the strong community you're right but that has nothing to do with multipools...

and long retarget times may not be practical but that's not the issue here...multipools are bad for altcoins in general because they jump from coin to coin leaving the difficulty on an high value where it should not be, dumping the coins on the exchanges if the miner isn't responsible enough to choose an other option...thus they cost us all profit...so don't use multipools children, m'kay! you're screwin us all over...including yourself...
Activity: 112
January 24, 2014, 01:08:21 PM

Keep you're RPC!!!

Shitcoin Maximalist
January 24, 2014, 12:50:35 PM

Yes. It's all connected... if people are interrested in a coin, they start mining it. Hashrate increases and so does the difficulty. When a coin is hard to mine and people want to buy it the price goes up.
When a multipool "attacks" a coin diff goes up, but then left high and all the hashrate leaves the coin , and the coin stays behind crippled since nobody wants to mine a coin that is not worth the effort.
That is why the coin is being hardforked. Shorter retarget times make the coin less interresting for multipools.

M'kay...

LOL no, that's why long retarget times aren't practical for alts.

Just ask the devs of all altcoins killed off in 2013 in the same way.

RPC holders should be grateful that there is a strong community behind this coin, who have kept the chain moving (even if it has been at a snail's pace). This hard fork is fixing a mistake that could've been avoided, and RPC will be an even better coin after the fork.
January 24, 2014, 12:39:42 PM
Can anyone quickly explain to me the following -

What will hitting the fork actually do. Reduce or increase difficulty?

And how will it effect price when RPC is in short supply anyway?

11% decrease diff, the price will go up

Ok, so a decrease in difficulty means you can mine more for the same hash rate?

M'kay...

January 24, 2014, 12:24:34 PM

Activity: 210
January 24, 2014, 12:10:57 PM
I see hashcows on RPC right now and the network hash rate is still only 210MH.
Something isn't right here.

the network hashrate is calculated according to the average time needed to solve a block... since we were at really low hashrates the last week it will take it's time until it is shown correctly....

cheers

Oh, didn't realize that.  In that case yeah it'll take a while to overcome the skewed numbers.
Activity: 196
January 24, 2014, 12:08:45 PM

January 24, 2014, 12:02:53 PM

Activity: 56
January 24, 2014, 12:01:34 PM

the network hashrate is calculated according to the average time needed to solve a block... since we were at really low hashrates the last week it will take it's time until it is shown correctly....

cheers
Activity: 210
January 24, 2014, 11:58:01 AM
Pages:
Jump to: