Pages:
Author

Topic: [ESHOP launched] Trezor: Bitcoin hardware wallet - page 8. (Read 965789 times)

legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3131
Trezor is looking for an office assistant! Who wouldn't like to work for a such company? Well... the only obstacle might be that you have to be able to speak Czech to read the following job offer.

https://www.startupjobs.cz/nabidka/10883/office-assistant?fbclid=IwAR2Aiq3XgpoT0MrphxJ9qEiIRhYb74ledsTXv_ihQS9Td16X-92q98WMb2w

I am quite sure that there was an article describing slight changes that were made to their logo but apparently, it was an April Fool's joke!
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 6830
I think, two weeks after I buy Trezor One, they introduced a new model T. good luck probably  Huh Now I have "old" hardware on my desk  Cheesy
It's not a Trezor, but I bought a Ledger Nano S a few weeks before prices dropped by a bunch on my country. Then, they released the Nano X which is even a little bit cheaper than what I paid for my old Nano S. Thankfully I don't act like this is such a big deal. My Nano S works fine.

This happens sometimes. :p
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
So, what is there? Ripple is not supported with Trezor One, only Trezor Model T. Is it because not implemented yet, or is not technically possible?

Maybe not yet. But this makes me think that they will support it in the future:

Trezor One, firmware update 1.8.0
In order to fix the security vulnerability announced in December, we have updated the way that Trezor One stores data so that it follows the more advanced, secure procedure followed by Model T. We are also currently in the process of backporting the modern, flexible, and functional code architecture from Model T to Trezor One, to ensure that Trezor One will always remain fully up-to-date.
https://blog.trezor.io/latest-updates-bring-new-architecture-to-trezor-one-and-ripple-support-to-model-t-3873ed3693c1

I think, two weeks after I buy Trezor One, they introduced a new model T. good luck probably  Huh Now I have "old" hardware on my desk  Cheesy
Activity: 49
Merit: 112
AltCoinLog about Trezor

The main characteristics of the hardware wallet Trezor, instructions for setting up and sending cryptocurrency. Which wallet is better to buy and user reviews after purchase.

The article is written in Russian

https://altcoinlog.com/obzor-koshelka-trezor/

legendary
So, what is there? Ripple is not supported with Trezor One, only Trezor Model T. Is it because not implemented yet, or is not technically possible?

Maybe not yet. But this makes me think that they will support it in the future:

Trezor One, firmware update 1.8.0
In order to fix the security vulnerability announced in December, we have updated the way that Trezor One stores data so that it follows the more advanced, secure procedure followed by Model T. We are also currently in the process of backporting the modern, flexible, and functional code architecture from Model T to Trezor One, to ensure that Trezor One will always remain fully up-to-date.
https://blog.trezor.io/latest-updates-bring-new-architecture-to-trezor-one-and-ripple-support-to-model-t-3873ed3693c1
legendary
legendary
I have just updated my Trezor One to 1.8.0 and Trezor T to 2.1.0. Both devices were not wiped during the update in my case so you shouldn't need to have your seed with you. It looks like support for Tron, Eos and Ontology will be added in the next update of Trezor T (GitHub).
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
Trezor just released an article regarding the 1.8.0 Firmware update :

Code:
* Stable release, optional update
* Security improvements
* Upgraded to new storage format
* Stellar and NEM fixes
* New coins: ATS, KMD, XPM, XSN, ZCL
* New ETH tokens

There is a more detailed article regarding the security update: https://blog.trezor.io/details-of-security-updates-for-trezor-one-firmware-1-8-0-and-trezor-model-t-firmware-2-1-0-408e59dc012
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
...but I think there is a problem with the new driver, they find them as an "Unknown device from BioMetrics".
Fairly sure that has happened before... I believe when the Trezor T first came out... SatoshiLabs is using a "free" USB Vendor ID rather than paying for their own Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I went to the "wallet.trezor.io" page and it asked me to install the Trezor Bridge 2.0.25, so I downloaded and installed it... during install it said to disconnect the device, I did... the installer completed and came up with "Start Trezor Bridge" prompt... so I clicked OK.

I went back to the browser and clicked refresh... it said to connect my device, so I did and then Windows 10 popped up a little notification in the corner saying it was setting up "TREZOR".

So, yes... it does indeed sound like you have a driver issue. It is possible that the Trezor Bridge is not running (hence why the device was "unknown". Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Trezor Bridge... and make sure you have the "start Trezor Bridge" option selected... then open the wallet.trezor.io page and connect the device when prompted.

Similar thing is happening to me. I could update my Trezor T with no issues but my two Trezor One's cannot be updated. When I plug them into the computer (Windows 10 latest update) in bootloader mode the computer says USB device not recognized. Same thing with two original Trezor devices.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
...but I think there is a problem with the new driver, they find them as an "Unknown device from BioMetrics".
Fairly sure that has happened before... I believe when the Trezor T first came out... SatoshiLabs is using a "free" USB Vendor ID rather than paying for their own Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I went to the "wallet.trezor.io" page and it asked me to install the Trezor Bridge 2.0.25, so I downloaded and installed it... during install it said to disconnect the device, I did... the installer completed and came up with "Start Trezor Bridge" prompt... so I clicked OK.

I went back to the browser and clicked refresh... it said to connect my device, so I did and then Windows 10 popped up a little notification in the corner saying it was setting up "TREZOR".

So, yes... it does indeed sound like you have a driver issue. It is possible that the Trezor Bridge is not running (hence why the device was "unknown". Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Trezor Bridge... and make sure you have the "start Trezor Bridge" option selected... then open the wallet.trezor.io page and connect the device when prompted.
legendary
I didn't understand that "randomly selected 20%" thing... I simply connected to the https://beta-wallet.trezor.io and then it said "new update"... so not sure if I was simply one of the lucky 20%? Tongue

I had a wee issue with it updating though. When it said put the device into update mode (disconnect, hold down both buttons and reconnect) it didn't actually do anything after reconnecting. I had to completely refresh the browser and then do the "disconnect/both buttons/reconnect the device" step again to make it recognise the device in bootloader mode.

After that, it went fairly quickly... and didn't wipe the device.

Something wrong to me now. Also going to update in https://beta-wallet.trezor.io and seems everything fine, but now there is a new version of Trezor Bridge 2.0.25 and after update bridge, regular wallet page https://wallet.trezor.io/#/ can't open my wallet, asking bridge update(yes, am refreshed page, restart browser).
I have only access from beta-wallet, but I think there is a problem with the new driver, they find them as an "Unknown device from BioMetrics".
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
I didn't understand that "randomly selected 20%" thing... I simply connected to the https://beta-wallet.trezor.io and then it said "new update"... so not sure if I was simply one of the lucky 20%? Tongue

I had a wee issue with it updating though. When it said put the device into update mode (disconnect, hold down both buttons and reconnect) it didn't actually do anything after reconnecting. I had to completely refresh the browser and then do the "disconnect/both buttons/reconnect the device" step again to make it recognise the device in bootloader mode.

After that, it went fairly quickly... and didn't wipe the device.
legendary
Trezor has just released a new software update (1.8.0) for Trezor One. This update brings security enhancements and support for new coins. More detailed info will be posted next week. They didn't specify which coins were added. Also, it is now possible to buy crypto directly from the Trezor Wallet. It probably relies on a third party service just like coin exchange. No data about your wallet is exposed to those services.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinTrezor/

I receive an email from Trezor, there is a list of new coins added with hew 1.8.0 update

"We also added support for new cryptocurrencies and tokens such as PIVX, Komodo, and NIX."

But also, this new update still not available for all users:

"This update will by default roll out daily to a randomly selected 20% of devices until all are patched"
staff
I'm not sure these exchange features are something we need to be honest. There might be some problems in the future where people are forced to do KYC verification and even though Trezor will probably be using a third party service like Simplex in this case, people would still blame Trezor so as convenient it is to use ShapeShift, Changelly, Paybis etc. directly from your wallet I wouldn't suggest it that much.
legendary
Trezor has just released a new software update (1.8.0) for Trezor One. This update brings security enhancements and support for new coins. More detailed info will be posted next week. They didn't specify which coins were added. Also, it is now possible to buy crypto directly from the Trezor Wallet. It probably relies on a third party service just like coin exchange. No data about your wallet is exposed to those services.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinTrezor/
legendary
Many of you might be unaware of the fact that Trezor supports passphrases. Trezor T generates only 12 word seed by default which for some people might feel a bit insecure. A passphrase acts as an additional, 13th or 25th word of your seed without which no one will be able to access your funds. It's quite useful for people who are afraid that they might be forced to unlock their wallet. You can find more information in the article published by Trezor today.
legendary
Are these newly created devices only expensive because of the precious metals used? It's stupid indeed.

Why waste this amount of money where you could buy a simple Trezor wallet and buy bitcoins with the rest If you're willing to buy such a thing.
If I was stupid rich because of Bitcoin, I would honestly buy it. Grin

It's a collector item created for rich people, and it's not only cool but offers more protection and durability for your wallet. If you are rich asf and want a cool exclusive item, it's ok. But there are obviously cheaper options like the Cryptosteel (a steel plate that stores your backup seed).
staff
Are these newly created devices only expensive because of the precious metals used? It's stupid indeed.

Why waste this amount of money where you could buy a simple Trezor wallet and buy bitcoins with the rest If you're willing to buy such a thing.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1024
TREZOR partnered with GRAY and created a new brand Corazon - a limited edition of devices built on Trezor Model T is available for pre-order. The cheapest model costs $942 SGD (~$695 USD) and the most expensive one which is limited to 100 pieces costs $2028 SGD (~$1500 USD). The only difference is that these devices are made of titanium. Functionality remains the same. More information can be found here.

Stupid and waste of money.
legendary
TREZOR partnered with GRAY and created a new brand Corazon - a limited edition of devices built on Trezor Model T is available for pre-order. The cheapest model costs $942 SGD (~$695 USD) and the most expensive one which is limited to 100 pieces costs $2028 SGD (~$1500 USD). The only difference is that these devices are made of titanium. Functionality remains the same. More information can be found here.
Pages:
Jump to: